Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
350 user(s) are online (299 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm in the mood to start something. How about something on the me generation and how selfish and self fulfilling many Americans are today in comparison to past generations. And how the the equalizing of the America has taken the wind out of the sails of common courtesy. I deal with people all day long and I'm pretty much burned out. 29 months left till retirement. I've seen a steam of people for over 25 years so I can subjectively see that this old country just ain't what it used to be. Corporate America in general treat people as numbers and percentages for obtaining the bottom line. The quantity of life seems to be going up as the quality appears to be declining IMO. Anybody care to comment.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 14:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

MK 82 RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Millenials.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 14:44

brut RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

We no longer live in the "Leave it to Beaver" age, thats for sure. On one hand I think that we all deserve to do whatever it is we want(short of crime), but on the other I think that is getting us in trouble. I think there is becoming less and less of the HARD WORKING people and more of the generation that thinks everything should be given to them as a hand out. The future of our world is in the hands of our children.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 14:46

TommyT-Bone RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
Millenials.

That's what I call keeping it simple
Posted on: 2008/2/17 14:48

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2008/2/17 15:00

Midnight85 RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

We live in a "Me" world. Everybody
thinks nothing is important but them.
Respect?? Hell that's an obsolete thing.
Ignorance is running rampant in our
society. One trip to the mall will prove
what I say. There are a few exceptions but
they are far & few between. If you
don't see what I'm saying, then you are
one of "them".
Posted on: 2008/2/17 15:12

lt4obsessed RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru Newb
The Land of Oz
29 Posts

I agree. I manage a restaurant where a large portion of our staff are highschoolers. It is absolutely incredible to me how many of them lack any social skills what-so-ever. Just getting them to keep their cell phone in their pocket long enough to do the simplest of tasks is one of the hardest of tasks. Much less getting them to understand the concept that their tips are based on quality of service and not a given right. The problem is that their parents take car of all their expenses, call in for them when they don't want to work. Don't get me wrong, it's not all of the kids. We have some really great ones that will go on to make a real difference on this planet. But most of them just come in, stand around and socialize, and expect to make money. The idea of the work ethic is gone. Why should they work? They ask Mom and Dad and they get whatever they want because Mom and Dad don't want to hurt their feelings. From the time I was 15, my parents fed me and gave me a place to sleep. Anything else was up to me. I paid for my first car, the repairs, my clothes, and alot of my school supplies. My bosses loved me!
Posted on: 2008/2/17 15:20

JrRifleCoach RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Most of the kids today are socially retarded.

They started as "lock key" kids. Spent most of their social lives watching the tube or playing video games. They lacked being called down when acting like jackasses in public. Either by their parents or other adults.

The other day I watched a coupla families at the In-&-Out. A Mexican family was enjoying the food and family. No crying or bad behaviors. Two other white families: one was bitching cause she didn't like the food and the other was swearing at his mother.

Posted on: 2008/2/17 23:33

DrEvil RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

Alot of what is said is true but having seen the other side there is hope. This generation has answered the call in our military. There are 18 year old kids doing incredible things every day in Iraq and Asskrackistan.
I for one try to raise my boy a bit 'old fashioned'. I gave him a spanking in the doctors office, in front of the doctor, last week.
He's 2 1/2.
The Doc just smiled and agreed with me :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/18 0:34

tobijohn RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
...I for one try to raise my boy a bit 'old fashioned'. I gave him a spanking in the doctors office, in front of the doctor, last week. He's 22 1/2...

Jeez, please don't tell me he's still breastfeeding...Seriously, I see the same stuff too, kids getting away with behavior that would have gotten me launched when I was that age. However, I see the opposite as well, kids being well-mannered, acting responsibly and deferring their rewards as opposed to going for that instant gratification. However, the sad thing is when I see the latter rather than the former, I'm a bit surprised. I think the bar has definitely been lowered...
Posted on: 2008/2/18 1:02

AIRFOIL FREE!

jsup RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

When you said the ME generation I thought you meant the SOBs (selfish old bastards) who are willing to sell out my kids future so they can get their SS and medicare today.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 1:34

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:
When you said the ME generation I thought you meant the SOBs (selfish old bastards) who are willing to sell out my kids future so they can get their SS and medicare today.

Now that won't make you many friends with this crowd! Me in particular. This SOB has been paying Social Security taxes for 42 years. Funny, but I think that buys me something.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 1:51

smooth RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

....Yeah Drop, it buys you a place in line at my pharmacy bitching about how much your medicine costs because you just paid $10 copay last time you picked it up. (which was December, before the new plan year and $275 yearly medicare part D plan deductable kicked in......just like it did for the last 2 years that you've been on the plan.....but I'm fuckin' wrong anyway....right? Hell I only do this for a living! As for the F'in "Me" generation. I think the problem started with the "everybody's a winner" treatment.Nobody ever looses, they get a trophy anyway. I'm 47 gang... and pissed at those who came befor me and the generation that is taking over after us.

Got alittle off subject there for a while, sorry, but you started this Tommy-T!!!

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
Posted on: 2008/2/18 2:24

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Now that won't make you many friends with this crowd! Me in particular. This SOB has been paying Social Security taxes for 42 years. Funny, but I think that buys me something.

Hey man, nothing personal. I feel sorry for your generation. You got screwed. I just look at my kids, 5 and 8, and get that it will cost them nearly 80% tax rate by recent projections to support these failed systems.

I really wish the SOBs would stop supporting criminal organizations like the AARP and be more open minded to a change in the system. It was never intended to be what it is and will be the catalyst to the implosion of this society.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 2:31

Shadow RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
Anybody care to comment.

No
Posted on: 2008/2/18 2:58

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

The Social Security fund has been raided many times to support poor fiscal policies of the past. Only 10 years ago a balanced budget was forseeable. Not now. I'll be dead and gone by the time our national debt can recover from the shell games of recent times. Many fall prey to the get rich quick schemes that befell the stock market 10 years ago and leaked over to the real estate sector that saw artificially inflated prices nearly collapse an overheated economy. How is that part of the me generation? If Jack can do it, so can I mentality. Many strive for obtaining things in this country while the simple quality of life and growing of the family go by the wayside. I honestly feel it's just a matter of getting back to basics. I understand that making mistakes can help people find the answer to the problems. By now we have seen many mistakes and must instill the solutions starting from the bottom up. Yep! The children are our future. Core family values, a usable education and holding each and every individual accoutable for their actions. Morals can't be taught in school or by a video game. They are taught by you.

I am TommyT-Bone and I approve this message.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:03

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

By the ME generation I meant
that all people think about is
themselves. Courtesy and respect
are a rare thing. You might call me
an SOB but I am worried sick what
my two sons will face when they get
to be my age, especially with our
leaders wanting to give unearned
social security to illegals. Yes, I am
retired and also on S.S. disability
because after 35 years at the same
job I got hurt. Does this mean I am
selfish?
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:27

CentralCoaster RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The general consensus is that the world is going to shit. I sort of disagree. And where I don't, I feel stupid spending time bitching about something that not I'm not willing to take action on.

May be a little harder to find the person in the people you meet, but it's still there, except in California.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:36

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
By the ME generation I meant
that all people think about is
themselves. Courtesy and respect
are a rare thing. You might call me
an SOB but I am worried sick what
my two sons will face when they get
to be my age, especially with our
leaders wanting to give unearned
social security to illegals. Yes, I am
retired and also on S.S. disability
because after 35 years at the same
job I got hurt. Does this mean I am
selfish?

That's exactly what I meant. People who think only about themselves. The fact that my kids will be footing the bill for the other 2/3s of society doesn't seem to bother anyone, as long as they are on the receiving end. SS represents 21% of the federal budget. Medicare is about 31%. That's 53% right there. 21% for military, which at least is the job of the government. That means there's only about 28% of the budget left. The money issue has to be addressed and it makes little to no sense to worry about pennies while you're dropping dollars. I say get the government out of the healthcare and retirement business and make 52% of the budget go away and guess what happens......

Does it mean your selfish. Let me think.....if you were means tested, would you NEED SS to live, or is it simply to maintain a standard of living above and beyond what you would otherwise be able? Is it buying vacations and new cars or putting food on the table?

I think disability should be handled with private insurance and that the government is not in the business of being AFLAK..

Do you send money to the AARP to support raises in SS? If you were asked to never take another SS raise to fix the system would you do it?

I am sure that your two sons are perfectly able to take care of themselves and don't need the government to step in to ensure their future.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:39

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:

Hey man, nothing personal. I feel sorry for your generation. You got screwed. I just look at my kids, 5 and 8, and get that it will cost them nearly 80% tax rate by recent projections to support these failed systems.

I really wish the SOBs would stop supporting criminal organizations like the AARP and be more open minded to a change in the system. It was never intended to be what it is and will be the catalyst to the implosion of this society.

I have decided you are not on my Christmas list. I sure as hell don't need your sympathy. I am set financially and don't need Social Security.

I do agree that your kids won't be covered under the current system. The SOB term pisses me off and I'm not old enough for SS.!
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:41

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I consider my SS as an O.D.B (old dirty bastard) tax, that was already spent and that I will never see. I'd love if it went away entirely, they can have whatever I paid so far if it meant I didn't have to pay any more.

I make my own retirement. If people are stupid enough to depend on the gov't to hold their own money, they deserve what they get.

I don't think people are entitled to free "welfare" health care either if it increases the costs of others. If you want some shit done free, then find a doctor willing to do it for free. If they cart your ass into the ER on a gurney and you're dying on the spot, then they get you stable and ship you home and send you a bill, and your wages are garnished.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:50

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
I consider my SS as an O.D.B (old dirty bastard) tax, that was already speant and that I will never see. I'd love if it went away entirely, they can have whatever I paid so far if it meant I didn't have to pay any more.

I make my own retirement. If people are stupid enough to depend on the gov't to hold their own money, they deserve what they get.

I don't think people are entitled to free "welfare" health care either if it increases the costs of others. If you want some shit done free, then find a doctor willing to do it for free. If they cart your ass into the ER on a gurney and you're dying on the spot, then they get you stable and ship you home and send you a bill, and your wages are garnished.

Basically what I'm saying.

SS is really no different than welfare and in many ways, more insidious. It's a pay as you go system. I stop paying, SOBs stop collecting. There is no "account" with your name on it. That's a myth.

Means testing would be the first step.

Roosevelt is going to go down in history as the guy who screwed this country royally, and whoever is elected this time around will finish the job, no matter which one of them wins they're all the same.

For the life of me I can't understand why people want the government to secure their retirement. At one time the town of Gavalston TX was allowed to opt out of SS. In their private system the return is about $9000 a month vs $3000 a month for SS. That's why I say previous generation got screwed.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:55

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I have decided you are not on my Christmas list. I sure as hell don't need your sympathy. I am set financially and don't need Social Security.

I do agree that your kids won't be covered under the current system. The SOB term pisses me off!

Well, that's one less card.

I only feel sorry for people who put money into a system, got a lousy return, and got the money stolen.

However, I am not the one who stole it, so go get it from the guys who did and let me, and my kids, out of the system and support our own.

The AARP is one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the country.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 3:58

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

I wish I would have followed my gut and passed this thread up.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 4:07

TommyT-Bone Re: PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
I'm in the mood to start something. How about something on the me generation and how selfish and self fulfilling many Americans are today in comparison to past generations. And how the the equalizing of the America has taken the wind out of the sails of common courtesy. I deal with people all day long and I'm pretty much burned out. 29 months left till retirement. I've seen a steam of people for over 25 years so I can subjectively see that this old country just ain't what it used to be. Corporate America in general treat people as numbers and percentages for obtaining the bottom line. The quantity of life seems to be going up as the quality appears to be declining IMO. Anybody care to comment.

How about getting back to the original post. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/18 12:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
The general consensus is that the world is going to shit. I sort of disagree. And where I don't, I feel stupid spending time bitching about something that not I'm not willing to take action on.

May be a little harder to find the person in the people you meet, but it's still there, except in California.

It helps if you can communicate in the same language.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 12:14

CasetheCorvetteman RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I live in Australia, i was born here. Ive never left here. I have a late model C4 Corvette as my daily driver, and have been using a Corvette as a daily driver since i was old enough to drive.

That in it's self is controversy enough in this country, and you try telling people here that mummy and daddy didnt buy it for me.

What is worse and simply ads alot of heavy fuel to a raging fire, is i listen to John Denver at the age of 27, whats more, i like the songs too.

People can stress out about bullshit til the cows come home, the fact of the matter is, it doesnt matter. Focus on being happy. This is the 2nd time ive given it a go, and with no word of a lie, it is the only thing that works as good as it does. The next best thing is Irish Whiskey.

The last time i gave being happy a go, i got exactly what i wanted at the time, then as soon as i did, i slipped straight back to where i was, and i let myself down. Im not planning on doing that again.

Another fact is you cant help anyone that doesnt want to help themselves. In order to help someone, they first need to want to help themselves, whether that be excepting help, or by other means. If people want to carry on like twats, you cant help them unless they want the help and they except it. When they do, they will relize that they had it in them all along. Not that you didnt help, but it took their effort to change, and without that, your help wouldve been wasted.

On that note, im going to go outside for a fine cigar. Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/2/18 12:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Twat did you say? Sounds like the whiskey is talking. Enjoy the cigar and John Denver. Rocky Mountain High In Colorado.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 13:14

cuisinartvette RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:
I wish I would have followed my gut and passed this thread up.

Trying my best....
Posted on: 2008/2/18 13:59

jsup Re: PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

How about getting back to the original post. :thumbleft:

Sorry. I saw the phrase "me generation" and I thought about how the boomers are going to destroy this country because of their unwillingness to change this welfare we call SS, which I submit is unconstitutional.

Or perhaps you meant that people expect the taxpayer to provide all of life's benefits, like healthcare. How today's me me me society believes that it's anyone's responsibility to give them healthcare but their own. Either the company or the government. I mean we keep hearing about how Walmart is thrusting people onto state health care system when in fact it is the individual who chooses to have their expense picked up by the state.

However, if I diverged, I apologized. I read on and saw that you were lamenting the errosion of corporate America as a result of the unions. Yes, I agree. We see some pretty sinificant destruction to great American companies at the hands of the unions. Programs like Job Banks, health benefits for life, and outrageous wages for what amounts to unskilled workers.

How the responsibility for the company resides in it's obligation to develop value for the stock holders and not healthcare managment? How the taxpayer is once again on the hook for these pensions should the company go defunct. I happen to agree that the culture of greed has helped foster this sense of entitlement from a society which believes they are OWED by the companies, when in fact it is they who owe.

Or perhaps you were referring to the 1000s of people who are supporting socialists like Obama who promises (really) to pick up people's credit card debt if you get over your head, cover your mortgage, and provide free pre school. He's also going to pile in more money to New Orleans, because we know that nearly $300 BILLION, with a "B", spent that the solution is simply more money. I don't think that entire shithole was ever worth $300BILLION. (with a "B")

So allow me to apologize in advance is I may have skirted the issue about who the greedy and selfish are or the role of corporations. I'm new here.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 14:27

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I said I wanted to start something and I meant it.

Ya, unions suck. Who needs a 40 hour work week or vacation or medical insurance or seniority protection or a retirement program. Employers were more than willing to part with their profits to provide these benefits on their own. And pay? No protection needed there either. Inflation offsets would have been part of the high paying policies I'm sure.

Healthcare: Only those who can afford it should have it. That would help reduce the number of SS recipients.

Companies no longer owe anybody anything for their loyalty. They usually dont keep you around long enough to owe you anything.

As far as the nation helping areas recover from natural disasters. I guess the best thing to do is tell the locals that are affected it's time to move.
Volcano, Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Flooding, move to higher ground, Eartquake, It's your fault. Tornado, Everything is dust in the wind, Hurricane, no more coasting through life, Fire,

Who is demonstrating selfishness here?
Posted on: 2008/2/18 14:53

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
I said I wanted to start something and I meant it.

Ya, unions suck. Who needs a 40 hour work week or vacation or medical insurance or seniority protection or a retirement program. Employers were more than willing to part with their profits to provide these benefits on their own. And pay? No protection needed there either. Inflation offsets would have been part of the high paying policies I'm sure.

Yeah, because without unions we'd have none of that today. Actually, I agree with that statement, however times have changed and they are no longer necessary.
Quote:

Healthcare: Only those who can afford it should have it. That would help reduce the number of SS recipients.

Whose responsibility is it to ensure your family is covered? Yours or mine?
Quote:

Companies no longer owe anybody anything for their loyalty. They usually dont keep you around long enough to owe you anything.

All companies owe is to pay market wage for whatever work you are doing for them. That's it. Anything else is a perk.
Quote:

As far as the nation helping areas recover from natural disasters. I guess the best thing to do is tell the locals that are affected it's time to move.
Volcano, Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Flooding, move to higher ground, Eartquake, It's your fault. Tornado, Everything is dust in the wind, Hurricane, no more coasting through life, Fire,

$300 BILLION. $300 BILLION. compassion is not measured in how much money you can throw at a problem.

Quote:
Who is demonstrating selfishness here?

Good question I'll throw that one to the jury....

Who is selfish:

1. The person who goes out and makes a living and only asks to have enough to take care of him and his family

2. The person who wants to reach into the working man's pocket BEFORE he gets to take care of his family, at the threat of jail, to take care of their STANDARD OF LIVING?

You tell me....
Posted on: 2008/2/18 15:07

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Bailiff, summon the jury.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 15:18

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Like I said in my first response,
"if you can't see what I'm saying
then you are one of them".
That being said I am done with
this thread, sorry Tommy, your
thread could have been a good
one if the blind ones hadn't
intervened.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 15:19

Oaklands RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

I agree with you that people are not as courteous as they used to be. However, that all starts at home. My son will be raised to open doors for people, know when to say thank you, please, yes sir and no sir.

Many households do not raise their children to be courteous. If you do they will seem more like freaks compared to other kids. However, I will just have to have a freak.

Most drive thru's that have young kids working the windows act as if they could not care if you came back or not. Management should be training these people better. Chick filet has the most courteous staff in our area.

I was driving through a Popeyes in Versailles, KY one time. The girl working the drive thru was so courteous. When I got to the window to pay, I asked her if I could speak to her boss. She got him and I told him how lucky he was to have someone who was so pleasant with the customers. I suggested he give her a raise to hold on to her. He responded that he was happy to hear compliments instead of the usual complaints and that made his and her day.

I see a lot of nice people and a lot of A**holes in my line of work. We deal with many restaurants and you see some people who should never eat out. Some of them are professional gripers who try to get a free meal everywhere they go.

Personally, I try to be very pleasant with people unless they are intent on pi**ing me off. Then I can be nasty with the best of them. I just don't like being that way.

Loyalty is becoming a thing of the past. People don't stay with the same employers like they used to. Of course, some employers, especially big corporations, don't care about many of their employees.

I'm not getting rich by having my own business but at least I can run it the way I see fit. Many of our customers are loyal to us and we are loyal to them as well. The biggest problems we have had is with larger franchisees who think you should drop everything to cater to them.

Just my 2¢ worth.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 21:07

daddue11 RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Senior Guru
Mountain View, Southern Mo.,
131 Posts

If they saved all these billions of dollars by kicking seniors off SS.
Then what do you think they would use all that money for.
Don't tell me what they should spend it for. Tell me What they would spend it on.
Would they tell EVERY working person that they no longer had to pay that amount of taxes anymore,Get real Dude.
And as far as your comment about old bastards thinking that they are intitled to a health care plan and retired benifits?
You are dammed right they are,because Why?
Becaused that's what they were promised when the government started the program Ducky.
How many tax loop holes have you taken advantage of?
And the ME generation? Oh your poor kids, Huh?
I have adult children, 3 of them, and who in the hell is gonna pay for your kids SS I'm sure they won't turn down any benifits,And I'm sure you won't either and haven't.
The only thing that you're mad at is There might not be anything left for you.
You know,one of these days some kid's gonna look at you with your Vette or Vettes and see you cashing your SS check and think,Why in the hell does he need governmrnt help for? He's loaded. Are You a selfish old bastard that ruined the future for your kids?
According to you You are.
My mother was married to my father who served in the military for 30 years, He died of a heart attack soon after retiring and because he didn't sign some papers in the right place my mother was left pennyless after all that time.
She went on SS and medicare because she didn't want us kids to have to take care of her.
If something like that happened to you, How would you survive,Oh, let me guess you're family would take of you?
Selfish old bastard ? Naw, Just human like the rest of us.
And I'm sure as hell Not sorry about this post.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 22:22

Senior Guru
131 Posts

My opinion about the younger generation not having respect for us older gens.
Why should they,weren't alot of us the 60s and 70's kids?
The free love,burning flag and your draft cards along with a bra or two?
Wasn't it our gens that made it o.k. and a womans choise to have the younger gens dismembered,tortured,mangled inside of the womb,used for experaments and then thrown awy in a dumpster so they wouldn't be burdened with the responsibility of raising that child.
And was'nt it our generations that passed the laws against spanking our children to disipline them.
And it was our generation that lerft these indignant kids in front of the tube while both parents worked and went to all of the Shriners, masons,KOC,elks meetings or was it bingo?
Who was it that showed them how to pimp a girl out on the street or to manufacture newer and better drugs?
Whitch gen was it that taught them to hate others for the color of there skin? Hang the darkies!! didn't that used to be the battle cry for a past gen?

O.K., Yes the new gens are disrespectful of the older gens,BUT,What can you expect MORONS, WE'VE taught them too dammed well. Disrespect this,you do gooders.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 22:59

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

daddue 11. Why don't you tell us how you really feel about the issues instead of some contrived argument.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 23:23

Senior Guru
131 Posts

Like Abraham lincoln said " It's all good brother "
or was that Samuel Jackson ?

Ah Heck, I'm a selfish old bastard myself and I'm proud to come from a long line of them.

This gen of kids? I say kill everlast one of the little bastards,then there will be plenty of everything for us old fogies.

Hell, we can always make more.(kids)
We got Viagra now.

Then, We shall gather at the river and wash our dirt asses.

O.k. That's my true opinion and you can't get that from a cola nut.

I'm always glad to help out.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 23:46

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
Twat did you say? Sounds like the whiskey is talking. Enjoy the cigar and John Denver. Rocky Mountain High In Colorado.

Was sober when i wrote that mate. Just as i am now since i just got in from work.

I could drink most of a bottle of Irish Whiskey and you wont even know id touched it if you didnt see me. If i was drinking beer, youd know though. And right now, i feel like a Tooheys or 2.
Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/2/19 6:43

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Geez, this thread is almost as controversial as the "Whats for lunch?" thread.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 7:12

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Well mate, he wanted to start something, and he did that. People have been talking nothing but horse shit since the start of the thread, so why should we be any different eh?
Posted on: 2008/2/19 7:29

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Resized Image

Resized Image

DIG IN
Posted on: 2008/2/19 12:07

DrEvil RE:PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru
Get in mah belly!
71 Posts

Speaking strictly for me, everyone I know my age (37) doesnt believe SS will be around when we retire. I know I dont and I'm not planning on it. I'm saving, investing and paying my house off. I plan to retire fully by age 60. If anyone depends on the govt to take care of them they will soon find themselves stranded on a roof with the waters rising much like the residents of NO.
Bush had a great plan to help save SS but the AARP (among others) made sure it got no where. There was so much misinformation put out by that org it was staggering. Talk about your fear mongering. That plan represented a threat to their membership by removing potential members that depend on them to look out for their entitlements in the future. It had no effect what-so-ever on those allready on SS.
The way I figure it is we will engineer some serious inflation into the economy once the baby boomers get fully into retirement age and start putting enormous pressure on the generation that is working to pay their benefits. We'll be able to, by default, reduce the amount being paid out in benefits. SS was never intended to be a retirement system for everyone anyways but once you start giving it away you cant stop.
As for healthcare the govt has failed to pass tort reform. Malpractice suits have cripled our healthcare system.

About the only thing anyone is promised is a chance. Some get a head start, some dont...but they get a chance none-the-less. I for one plan on taking care of myself and my family.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 12:19

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
About the only thing anyone is promised is a chance. Some get a head start, some dont...but they get a chance none-the-less. I for one plan on taking care of myself and my family.

And I think many of these socialist systems hurt people's chances more than they help, including those at poverty level. Even if only due to the incompetence of large government. You get the feeling that all of these programs would be more effective if they were outsourced. And once you start outsourcing the government, you realize that most of the government wasn't necessary in the first place. Maybe they should just stick to managing subcontractors, and leave the real work up to laws of capitalism.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 18:42

TommyT-Bone Re: PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Unfortunately; There is no military solution.
Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:14

VetteUSA Re: PR&C Controversial Subject Matter
Guru Newb
103 Posts

Ok, from what I gather by reading this thread, is it safe to assume that each generation here hates the other, and sometimes its own? I'm gonna go cry me a river right now.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 8:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.