Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
290 user(s) are online (257 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  L98 Intake Bolt Sizes
This is data compiled by CentralCoaster. It lists all the bolt sizes for a stock L98 intake manifold and some of the attachments.

These are commo...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

Josh I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

Check this out-

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1950545

I (as Neat, my alter ego) finally broke down and tried to call him on some of his BS in post #16.

I'm sure I'll be attacked somehow for it, but I can't take it anymore. Thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 1:58

PettVette RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
Franklin TN
36 Posts

You bring up some very valid points...The 12 bolt will take a lot of abuse in a automatic high powered car.

After adding Strange spool and axle's in my 10 second Powerglide 2600 lb Chevy II I never had another problem with the 12 bolt...Exploded a few series 4 posi units before the switch....

In a gear shifter its another story. His set up looks to be a track only setup for abs equipped C4.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/2/27 2:30

jsup RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

A trend......C4Guru therapy.......
Posted on: 2008/2/27 2:36

93ragtop RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Neat, IMO he is running this new solid axle business like he is running his chip business. Did one in his own car, and now he is a professional!! I personally got burned by him on that endevor. He sold me 2 chips, one for emissions, and one for performance. The motor had ported heads, headers, and a hotcam. Long story short, car ran very rich at idle and part throttle. Sent it back 3 times trying to get it corrected. Latter purchased a chip reader etc, and found he had made no table changes in the programming. Just the simple things like rev limiter, TC lock up etc. I had the chip confirmed by Nathan Plenoms, Alvin at pcmforless, and one other very reputable programmer who did not want to be named. They all agreeded, after sending them the BIN file that he had done nothing.
When I made my findings public, he, in his usual pompus way, tried to say that we did not have the equipment or ability to read his chip. He did programming that was beyond our abilities to read.
I lost $400.00 for the chips, and almost 1 year of a lot of wasted time. Now looking at that, I probably did pretty well compaired to some of the people who are spending $5,000.00 + on his newest scheme.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 3:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Randyj75 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
MD
129 Posts

Quote:

I would agree...seems to be alot of that over here.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 3:41

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Neat, IMO he is running this new solid axle business like he is running his chip business. Did one in his own car, and now he is a professional!! I personally got burned by him on that endevor. He sold me 2 chips, one for emissions, and one for performance. The motor had ported heads, headers, and a hotcam. Long story short, car ran very rich at idle and part throttle. Sent it back 3 times trying to get it corrected. Latter purchased a chip reader etc, and found he had made no table changes in the programming. Just the simple things like rev limiter, TC lock up etc. I had the chip confirmed by Nathan Plenoms, Alvin at pcmforless, and one other very reputable programmer who did not want to be named. They all agreeded, after sending them the BIN file that he had done nothing.
When I made my findings public, he, in his usual pompus way, tried to say that we did not have the equipment or ability to read his chip. He did programming that was beyond our abilities to read.
I lost $400.00 for the chips, and almost 1 year of a lot of wasted time. Now looking at that, I probably did pretty well compaired to some of the people who are spending $5,000.00 + on his newest scheme.

There's a forum member other there, who comes over here, who said the same exact things about one of his chips.

In fact, he blames Jeese's tuning on blowing his motor costing him $4000.

Based on what I know, I wouldn't buy ice from him on a 99 degree day.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 3:43

Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I would agree...seems to be alot of that over here.

Just in search of an intelligent conversation. Which tends to be lacking in other places..
Posted on: 2008/2/27 3:45

c4stroker RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
1 Posts

Interesting post - I have heard about him through another forum I visit. Last November he actually got called on the 12 bolt in his car. It is welded - NOT bolted in. and actual intensive r&d of this bolt-in probably does not exist.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ostorder=asc&start=15

He is not a forum sponsor so this post should not be deleted like in other forums.

I just hope no one is hurt after an install.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 4:30

bogus RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I will put it mildly, I HATE THE 12 BOLT.

Why mess with such a weak POS? If you are going to bother going live rear axle, why not just go Ford 9" and be done with it?
Posted on: 2008/2/27 5:16

TimAT RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
Gladstone, MO (Kansas City)
38 Posts

Looks like you C4 guys had one there too. the C3 guy made everyone nutz. His posts with incorrect/wrong/bad/dangerous info. And if you called him on it, he went running to the mods crying- and you got band camp..
Posted on: 2008/2/27 5:24

CasetheCorvetteman RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I have some other dirt on him too, he has an outstanding speeding fine in this country. If you dont pay your fines here, you get a couple warnings, and then a warrant is issued for your arrest. If he was ever to return to Australia, he will more than likely be arrested on his way through customs.

Youve gotta laugh eh?
Posted on: 2008/2/27 9:07

Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Quote:
There's a forum member other there, who comes over here, who said the same exact things about one of his chips.

In fact, he blames Jeese's tuning on blowing his motor costing him $4000.

Based on what I know, I wouldn't buy ice from him on a 99 degree day.

That is probably Brad, (hotrod 90). Brad was very vocal as well about him, but believe me, there are several others out there. They started coming out of the woodwork e-mailing me, posting about him, etc at that time.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 10:55

Mekanic RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

all I hang out with are F body guys, and I can tell you, 12 bolts are JUNK!

If they were making that kit with an 8.8 or a 9" I would give him some kudos.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 11:26

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

crash RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

I RAN A 12 BOLT IN A 68 CHEVELLE BACK IN 1972 WITH NO PROBLEMS
IHAD A 427 CI BALANCED AND BLUE PRINTED
THE CAR WEIGHED 3600LBS HAD 4:56,S IN IT ON A 10 IN SLICK
THE CAR RAN 11:70,S@ 119 MPH ALL DAY LONG
RUN THIS FOR 2 YRS NEVER BROKE ANYTHING :thumbright: :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/27 12:50

crash RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

OHHH FORGOT
I DROPPED THE CLUTCH AT 4000 RPM AND SHIFTED AT 7000 RPM
THE CAR RAN LIKE A CHAMP :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/27 12:52

cuisinartvette RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Id rather see a 9" in a setup in something like that.
Have a 12 bolt in the 67, unless everything is upgraded youll bust it up given enough time.
THis time around put an Eaton Posi in, Superior axles, welded axle tubes and eventually a cast cover with the set screws for the caps, see how that holds up to upper 5xx chp and D.R.s.
First time I suspect anything goes wrongs a FAB9 i inch i going in. Think Ill be Ok though.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 14:47

dan0617 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

I agree that 9" Ford would be the way to go. Even the ford 8.8" is amazingly durable. Back when I was young and had wrenches but no money I installed gears in several of my Mustangs with 8.8" rears. Always just reinstalled the factory pinion shim, carrier shims and bearings, and even re-used the crush sleeve. Beat the hell out of them and never had a breakage. Had a little gear whine with the 4.10's but the 3.73's (Motorsport gears) were perfectly quiet, amazingly since I never checked the pattern or the backlash or anything. Wouldn't set a rear up like that again but when you are broke and tired of being slow.....

Point is, I would love to see an 8.8" Ford rear conversion kit for our vettes.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 14:59

cuisinartvette RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Agreed, the 8.8 is stronger than people give it credit for.
Ran one in an 84 GT Mustang with a 460 on squeeze,never broke it. I was surprised.
I dont think 12 bolts are garbage but if you upgrade the motor you need to upgrade the rearend too in order to handle it. People mod the hell out of a motor leave the rearend stock and when they break people claim they are a POS. Gm only rates their rearends for XX amount of power.
Ive seen properly set up 10 bolts hold to abuse if you throw a little money at them.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 15:05

Stl94LT1 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
128 Posts

What has always amused me about Jesse. For years he preached the 3.07 gears/24 lb injectors/1 5/8 headers combination, and at the same time he was progressively increasing his injector size/lowering gear ratios/running a larger primary headers. Guess he might have had a generic tune for his endorsed combination that he was wanting to sell.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 17:00

CentralCoaster RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

So the entire point of this thread is to talk smack about Jesse where he won't see it?

Save that juvenile shit for CF. In fact, why don't you guys post your thoughts in the thread linked above?
Posted on: 2008/2/29 21:48

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Cause they want to post it here i guess, the guy is selling dog turds dipped in gold paint and calling them nuggets.

They might be talking what you call smack, but by all accounts from those in the know, they are talking fact at least about his chips.

So what if he sees it? He has been dishonest with alot of people hasnt he.
Quote:

Anyone that says that to defend the fact they didnt change anything has got to be very stupid to think anyone will believe it.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 22:46

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I got the feeling the thread was more of a... "nobody is up in arms about Jesse's rear end suggestion over there, so I'll get everyone here to bandwagon with me instead. And while we're at it let's pile on a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with the thread in question."

It makes Guru out to be a CF dumping ground, and I don't think anyone wants that. But take my criticism for whatever its worth, I just don't like seeing it here. At the very least, there's more constructive ways to say what you feel needs to be said about Jesse's work.

FWIW I have never personally dealt with Neat or Jesse.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 22:59

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

I dont know, i see it more like a buyer beware thread.

Based on what ive been told by what is now quite alot of people, alot of which have first hand experience, i wouldnt buy anything from him.

Im not saying he isnt a nice fella, in my experience he is, but i wouldnt buy anything from him.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 23:08

Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Quote:
So the entire point of this thread is to talk smack about Jesse where he won't see it?

Save that juvenile shit for CF. In fact, why don't you guys post your thoughts in the thread linked above?

Just so you know, I and many others have posted and they delete our post. Leo at neverlift had a post going with him and they deleated all of Leo's parts and mine and several others. Jesse is a supporting vender and they will not allow anyone to post anything negative.
Personally I hope no one including you gets burned by him like I did, as well as many others. And especially on something as dangerous as a rear end could be.
You can call it BS if you wish, but warning others about a scam in not BS, and that forum has taken the position to protect supporting vendors no matter what their track record is.
Again, I dont want to see anyone over here or there get burned like myself and many others have. The difference is, Im allowed to say it over here and not over there.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 23:22
93 White Vert. 3.73 gears, Yank 3000 converter,385ci. Built by Rklessdriver!! Ross pistons, Scat Rods, and Crank, custom Mike Jones Cam, AFR 210 heads, Exotic Muscle LT headers, magnaflow mufflers Meziere water pump. My best run 11.19 ET at 124.63mph

Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

[quote="cuisinartvette"]
Have a 12 bolt in the 67, unless everything is upgraded youll bust it up given enough time.
THis time around put an Eaton Posi in, Superior axles, welded axle tubes and eventually a cast cover with the set screws for the caps, see how that holds up to upper 5xx chp and D.R.s.
quote]

Talking to Leo at "Neverlift" he feels a built 12 bolt is very strong. Leo prefers it due to having a better pinion angle. Personally I want a 9in for 2 reasons. 1. I do alot of 1/8 mile racing, so being able to switch out the 3rd member is a big advantage when using the 9in. 2. I puchased forum member "Bruce" car. I dont know if any of you remember it or not, but he had a custom rear mount turbo kit made for it. When he was running a supercharger he made 592rwhp at 14psi. The turbo is sized to run up to 25psi and he was hoping to make 1,000 hp. Personally I have no plans of turning the boost that high, but I would like to see 700-750 range.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 23:31
93 White Vert. 3.73 gears, Yank 3000 converter,385ci. Built by Rklessdriver!! Ross pistons, Scat Rods, and Crank, custom Mike Jones Cam, AFR 210 heads, Exotic Muscle LT headers, magnaflow mufflers Meziere water pump. My best run 11.19 ET at 124.63mph

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
Just so you know, I and many others have posted and they delete our post. Leo at neverlift had a post going with him and they deleated all of Leo's parts and mine and several others. Jesse is a supporting vender and they will not allow anyone to post anything negative.

I hear you loud and clear. Perhaps if you or others posted a thread title of something like "Buyer Beware - Jesse Azzato" instead of a rant about how "I can't take it anymore", then it'd be more appropriate.

As long as the accounts posted are factual and serve some purpose other than piling on Jesse, I don't see an issue. (I wasn't actually going to moderate it or anything!) I do see more than a fair share of second-hand experiences and conjecture though.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 23:49

Josh RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
Raleigh, NC
666 Posts

I've tried calling him out on the CF, it just gets locked/deleted because he is a paying vendor.

I knew it wouldn't be locked/deleted here if I mentioned it.

I posted in the thread on speedtalk, and my post got deleted. The deletion was justifiable though because it detracted from the original posters question and assisted in the train wreck.

I'll shoot this link to Jesse, we'll see if he wants to talk about it.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 1:03

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Sounds only fair. Although I'm 99% sure it'll explode into a pissing contest, as opposed to people agreeing to disagree.

But either way it'll be interesting reading. Just don't make it personal.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 1:40

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
I've tried calling him out on the CF, it just gets locked/deleted because he is a paying vendor.

Quote:
Just so you know, I and many others have posted and they delete our post.

Ive seen that myself numerous times, and its something i dont agree with cause they are protecting his name which is alowing others to be mislead.
93Ragtop and i shared a couple PMs about this maybe 18 months ago, and since hearing his story, ive also heard quite alot of others that are very simular.
Quote:
Again, I dont want to see anyone over here or there get burned like myself and many others have. The difference is, Im allowed to say it over here and not over there.

That is something i will support 100%, cause i dont like to see anyone get ripped off.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 7:33

jhammons01 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

^^See, I never knew any of that was going on over there.

CC this thread does have merit and pissing matches have merit as well.

If one is making some sort of claim. we can only get to the bottom of it if the issue as allowed to play out in public. The one with the proof or better argument will come out on top.

I'm glad you didn't decide to moderate it. Bashing on people...even if it is from the CF is useful. Suppression of info is never a good thing.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 7:50

Mekanic RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:
^^See, I never knew any of that was going on over there.

CC this thread does have merit and pissing matches have merit as well.

If one is making some sort of claim. we can only get to the bottom of it if the issue as allowed to play out in public. The one with the proof or better argument will come out on top.

I'm glad you didn't decide to moderate it. Bashing on people...even if it is from the CF is useful. Suppression of info is never a good thing.

Good post, nothing to add.

Except sometimes the best moderation is none at all. Let peoples true colors shine and let adults work out their own problems.
Posted on: 2008/3/1 10:00

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

Raidmagic RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
Florida
168 Posts

I will say this about the guy. I hope he can tune a car. My dad has his chip in his car and it runs great no issues and I ordered a chip from him as well but he sucks as a business man. It's been over three weeks since he took my money and the only time I hear from him is when I e-mail him. Lord only knows when I will see the chip.
Anyway, like I said I hope he knows what he's doing with the tuning or he won't be happy with me.
Posted on: 2008/3/2 3:40

Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Dont hold your breath mate.
Posted on: 2008/3/2 4:47

bogus RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I left this thread up for one main reason - CF would delete any bad comments made about Jesse. It is a consumer alert. No question.

He got into deep doo-doo about 4 years ago because he was selling tunes on the Forum and not paying the freight. He started to pay the freight, and it was the best $300 a month he could spend - it saved him from dealing with public humiliation every time he burned up someones motor with a bad tune.

One major difference here will be that when we DO get paying vendors, they WILL NOT BE PROTECTED FROM THEIR OWN INCOMPETENCE!!!! I refuse to cover their collective asses because they screwed up. No way, no how.

And that will be expressly stated up front. I would rather make this a donor supported site than have vendors who won't abide by that requirement.

It is the worst kind of protectionism. If you are screwing up, it needs to be revealed. Plain and simple.

At the same time, I hope folks will sing the praises of the good vendors.

In short, I am going to force them into being customer centric. If they refuse to play, bye. Don't need you around. I know it's a crappy attitude, but it's one brought on by too damned many fly-by-night operations that don't support their customers.

This is really getting me angry thinking about Jesse screwing customers, and the forum actively protecting him from being accountable. It seems so counterintuitive.

And yes, Jesse has a bad reputation for being SLOW. It goes way back, it's the #1 reason why I never did business with him.

It was Hot-Rod 90 (Brad) that was screwed by a Jesse tune. I don't remember ALL the details (I can get him over here to fill in the blanks), but the tune was WAY too lean, burned a piston and required another rebuild. Brad then sent the chip to someone else (I think it was Alvin, but I am not 100% sure) and they confirmed that the custom chip was all messed up. Again, I don't remember details, but I am close on the big points. Brad can detail it for us if needed, I am sure.

And Brads isn't the only engine this has happened to. I have heard of a couple of others, but don't have any empirical data to go with that.

I use TJ Wong... and I need to get him over here!!!!
Posted on: 2008/3/2 6:04

scooter18155 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
ilion, ny
25 Posts

its sad that this guy is turning out this way. Ive read some posts he posted in over at the other place and he seems like a decent guy to talk to. I also have noticed that he is all too quick to dis the irs in our cars. Also his claims of breaking all that irs stuff in his car just makes me wonder how much is actually true or is he exaggerating to make his setup look better. Ive never dealt with him but just the way he talks about his setup compared to the irs just makes me Leary. I'm not saying the irs is the best thing out there for drag racing and such but it cant be all that bad or else why would gm stay with it for so long especially in Zr-1s which is a true corvette powerhouse. gm made the corvette to be driven from point A to point B not to be beat on at drag strips and this is true about any production vehicle. Continual abuse can and will break things especially parts that aren't designed to take it.
Posted on: 2008/3/2 7:08

dan0617 RE:I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Bogus, you are alright, I don't care what Central Coaster says about you.
Posted on: 2008/3/3 2:15

Crazy8 Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
Lake Worth, FL
125 Posts

Well, I have Jesse building one of his rear ends for my 86. We will see how it goes. My conversations with him have always been great.

All of the bitching/ranting about stuff going on over at CF is getting really tiring. It seems that I have to go over to CF more for talk about Corvettes. Only conversations going on over here lately have been people complaining about being banned, complaining about what someone said, etc. This is a forum to discuss Corvettes, right? So, why don't we use it as such! <Getting down off of soap box, now>
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:48
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T - Plum Crazy #981 of 1400

jsup Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

That right there is what we call irony.
Posted on: 2008/3/5 23:14

93ragtop Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Quote:

Crazy8 wrote:
Well, I have Jesse building one of his rear ends for my 86. We will see how it goes. My conversations with him have always been great.

All of the bitching/ranting about stuff going on over at CF is getting really tiring. It seems that I have to go over to CF more for talk about Corvettes. Only conversations going on over here lately have been people complaining about being banned, complaining about what someone said, etc. This is a forum to discuss Corvettes, right? So, why don't we use it as such!

Since you have stepped down off of the soapbox let me get back up on it.

I hope the new diff. works well for you. I must tell you too, that all pre sales conversations I had with Jessie went well also. Even when I had problems with his chips he continued to talk to me. He had me to return the chips 3 different times, of course I paid all postage both ways, I had got dyno readings complete with WB readings to send to him as well as several different track, test and tune slips, and even scans. This was over a 10 month period of trying to work with him.
Jessie insisted the problem was my car. Well after turning to a real professional and getting it tuned, the difference was day and night. I had his chips read by 3 different tuners and they all said the same thing. He never changed the timing, fuel, ve, none of the tables. He only changes switches such as TC lockup, rev limiter etc, but no tuning, and to top it off, he sold me 2 chips, one for emissions, and one for performance. Guess what, they were identical.
Crazy 8, I sincerely hope your experience turns out better then mine did.
However, I must say, when I get ready to put a solid axle in mine, I will go with a real professional who has years of chassis experience such as Leo at Neverlift. Not someone who did their own car and now is marketing one to sell to the public!!
Did that with my chip, lost $400.00 Not going to make the same mistake and loose $5,000.00 not to mention the safety issues involved.
I feel sure there are people out there "especially Jessie" who would like for me to let this drop. However, this is a corvette issue and as long as he is trying to market to the public, I feel I have an obligiation to warn others about my experience with him.
Again, good luck with your purchase.
Posted on: 2008/3/6 2:59

MK 82 Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:

Crazy8 wrote:

All of the bitching/ranting about stuff going on over at CF is getting really tiring. It seems that I have to go over to CF more for talk about Corvettes. Only conversations going on over here lately have been people complaining about being banned, complaining about what someone said, etc. This is a forum to discuss Corvettes, right? So, why don't we use it as such!

Let me know when you get this. I would like to see it and would be glad to help.
Posted on: 2008/3/6 16:41

Steve40th Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

You know, Politicians get rid of people that pey them contributions, and even pay back if the pulic has a beef with them, wether illegal or immoral.
So why isnt corvetteforum doing the same. He has jacked people before, so why keep him as a vendor. Seems a little questionable to keep a vendor around just because he pimps you.
Anyway, My 70 Chevelle with a 454, 3000rpm stall, 125HP shot of NOS and 12 inch slicks ran a junkyard 12 bolt with 3.55 gears for many years with no issues. Best run was high 10's. But yeah its an auto.
And, does Jesse Azzato claim the money he makes off of the stuff he sells. NOPE. IRS????
Posted on: 2008/3/6 21:26

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Quote:

Steve40th wrote:
You know, Politicians get rid of people that pey them contributions, and even pay back if the pulic has a beef with them, wether illegal or immoral.
So why isnt corvetteforum doing the same. He has jacked people before, so why keep him as a vendor. Seems a little questionable to keep a vendor around just because he pimps you.
Anyway, My 70 Chevelle with a 454, 3000rpm stall, 125HP shot of NOS and 12 inch slicks ran a junkyard 12 bolt with 3.55 gears for many years with no issues. Best run was high 10's. But yeah its an auto.
And, does Jesse Azzato claim the money he makes off of the stuff he sells. NOPE. IRS????

Your comments at CF will get your peepee whacked. It is Gestapo rule!
Posted on: 2008/3/8 21:51

bogus Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

93ragtop wrote:
Quote:

Crazy8 wrote:

Since you have stepped down off of the soapbox let me get back up on it.

I hope the new diff. works well for you. I must tell you too, that all pre sales conversations I had with Jessie went well also. Even when I had problems with his chips he continued to talk to me. He had me to return the chips 3 different times, of course I paid all postage both ways, I had got dyno readings complete with WB readings to send to him as well as several different track, test and tune slips, and even scans. This was over a 10 month period of trying to work with him.
Jessie insisted the problem was my car. Well after turning to a real professional and getting it tuned, the difference was day and night. I had his chips read by 3 different tuners and they all said the same thing. He never changed the timing, fuel, ve, none of the tables. He only changes switches such as TC lockup, rev limiter etc, but no tuning, and to top it off, he sold me 2 chips, one for emissions, and one for performance. Guess what, they were identical.
Crazy 8, I sincerely hope your experience turns out better then mine did.
However, I must say, when I get ready to put a solid axle in mine, I will go with a real professional who has years of chassis experience such as Leo at Neverlift. Not someone who did their own car and now is marketing one to sell to the public!!
Did that with my chip, lost $400.00 Not going to make the same mistake and loose $5,000.00 not to mention the safety issues involved.
I feel sure there are people out there "especially Jessie" who would like for me to let this drop. However, this is a corvette issue and as long as he is trying to market to the public, I feel I have an obligiation to warn others about my experience with him.
Again, good luck with your purchase.

I remember your saga. You are one I was referring to, but couldn't remember details about. Thank's for confirming!!
Posted on: 2008/3/8 23:15

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

MAXXWRENCH Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Senior Guru
COLORADO
118 Posts

WOW...ILL HAVE TO MAKE SURE TO AVOID THIS FELLA!!
Posted on: 2008/3/8 23:31

Notorious Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

Crazy8 wrote:
Getting down off of soap box, now

Be careful when you're on a soap box, you could fall and break something.

Quote:

jsup wrote:
That right there is what we call irony.

If by irony you mean a transparent and gratuitous load of bullshit, then yes I agree.....
Posted on: 2008/3/9 3:50

JJVETTE Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
Florida
37 Posts

I have never dealt with Jesse A and I don't personally know him. This thread reminds of what Grumpyvette over at Digitalvettes went through when he was selling Corvette Plenums for the Holley Stealth Ram. He was brow beat so much that he stopped making them. Luckily I got one from him way before he stopped. The rumor was it was a bad design and would blow up your engine in 10's of miles. I've been running it for 35,000 miles with no problem at all. It is bad ass!
Good for Jesse if he is offering a good product. Shame on him if not. I can't imagine he would purposely screw people over and over again. I have been fooled before but not too often! I will say what comes around goes around so if he is doing business this way it won't be for long! On another note I am glad there are folks out there like him that don't settle for the "norm" and go after different setups. I am also glad they offer their knowledge to others. They do deserve credit and also to get payed for their time invested.
It isn't really fair to compare a rear end package to a mail order chip. I've burned over 100 chips for my 383 and it is still not perfect. I still make changes after 3 years. It is virtually impossible to get a chip correct in 3 burns!

I do appreciate your eagerness to spread the word about bad products though. In a way it keeps these folks in check!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is definately a buyer beware world!
John
Posted on: 2008/3/11 1:15

jsup Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:

Notorious wrote:
If by irony you mean a transparent and gratuitous load of bullshit, then yes I agree.....

Close enough....
Posted on: 2008/3/11 1:50
Edited by jsup on 2008/3/11 13:36:55
Edited by jsup on 2008/3/11 13:37:27

93ragtop Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru
Manassas Va
61 Posts

Quote:

JJVETTE wrote:

It isn't really fair to compare a rear end package to a mail order chip. I've burned over 100 chips for my 383 and it is still not perfect. I still make changes after 3 years. It is virtually impossible to get a chip correct in 3 burns!

I do appreciate your eagerness to spread the word about bad products though. In a way it keeps these folks in check!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is definately a buyer beware world!

John

Please, let me make something clear. Jesse made zero changes in the tables. No fuel, timing, ve, nothing. He only changed some of the switches and constants.
Now this was why my car ran so rich at idle and part throttle.
I returned it 3 times for adjustments along with documentation showing how rich it was running. He blamed my car and not his programming.
Bottom line is this, he had programmed his own car and all of a sudden he was in the business selling chips to others. Sound familiar? Now he is in the solid axle business. Less than a year ago, he was making post asking what type of welder to buy and learning how to weld!! Now he is a fabricator!!
Check over at thirdgen.org and you will find they banned him at that site. There are post over there, if you search his name that shows when he started programming. He says he is new at it, and is asking very basic questions. At the time I used him I didn't know that, and I bought into his sales hype.
I am warning others, buyer beware.
JJVette, if you would like, I can e-mail the bin file and you can compare it yourself. I sent it out to at least 3 professional programmers, and a few amateurs and they all confirmed the same. I paid for nothing.
Again, if you or others are considering a solid axle, do a search on his name, check how long he has been doing this. And then decide if you want him to build your solid axle.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 2:31

JJVETTE Re: I can't take Jesse Azzato anymore
Guru Newb
Florida
37 Posts

Nah you don't have to send your BIN to me. I never said I didn't believe you. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Anyway enough about him. Why don't you get into burning your own? I did because I didn't want to go thru what you did. I certainly do understand your anger about it!

John
Posted on: 2008/3/12 0:54

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

Someone asked him how many of these solid axle conversions he had built and he declined to answer. Speaks volumes.
Posted on: 2008/3/12 12:15

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.