Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
315 user(s) are online (277 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well it's another wet one here today. Absolutely poured last night. Supposed to have some more of that today. As such, I didn't drive the vette to work yesterday or today, probably the same tomorrow. Oh well.

Didn't do much yesterday. Went over to the in-laws after work to eat, sat around for a bit, then got some gas and went home. Then the baby got a bath and it was bed time. Exciting, huh?

So what's on the agenda for everyone else today?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/27 11:32

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I could start off bitchin but instead ........ What a beautiful day full of beautiful people doing beautiful things. Simply beautiful. Happy, happy, joy, joy. My cup runneth over.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 12:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Dreary day here, but no rain. Not much cooking here, maybe tonight I'll pick up some of that aluminum brightener stuff that Matt used and hit a few pieces on the Vette with it while it is collecting dust.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 12:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

CSS996 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Good Morning Gurus!

It rarely rains in Pueblo, but it has rained every day since I bought that Lincoln. Now more than ever, I wish I had a bigger garage.

I'm gonna give the LS a couple weeks to prove itself reliable, then probably start dumping money into the Ruby. Plugs, wires, injectors and maybe muffler eliminators, just to make noise cheaply.

I've read still more about the LS from folks that have lots of miles on theirs with no issues. Fingers crossed.

I'm on the fence regarding a C5 at this point. I really enjoy driving my old man car, and I honestly like the styling of the C4 better than the C5. So maybe I'll keep the Ruby, or consider a Z.

Just thinking aloud, really. Am I the only one who thinks about their next car purchase days after buying a car?

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2009/5/27 13:18

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

'morning all,

Rainy here too. Put'n the last details together for my show on Sunday. Callaway backed out due to some technical testing issues that needed to get ironed out this weekend. So that bumbs me out a bit. However, we have lots of other great vendors and supporters too... Including Corvette-Guru!! Yeh. I have been evangelizing for the Guru, but I haven't seen any my members here yet... I don't think many of them are computer geeks.

Tommy it sounds like you are in 7th Heaven or in a Utopian Dream. Wish I were there too!

Take Care -- chat some more later
Posted on: 2009/5/27 13:30

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Good Morning Gurus!

It rarely rains in Pueblo,
Just thinking aloud, really. Am I the only one who thinks about their next car purchase days after buying a car?

Hummm, I don't recall it raining in Pueblo, that would have messed with my dirtbikin'

Not much rain in Reno either, we get something like 290 days of sunshine per year.

My next car will be a truck.

I'm f'n off all day. I'm may wash down the LT1, it's dusty or play with the new bottle of touchup paint I just got.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 13:31

BrianCunningham Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

A wet day here today, but it's the middle of the week so it's OK with me so long as it's gone by Sunday's AutoX
Posted on: 2009/5/27 14:18

djxib Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Been working like a one legged guy at an ass kicking contest, but I can see the light and I may get some breathing space this afternoon and tomorrow. New harness is on its way to relocate my IAT (long story) - hoping to start getting some consistency in my datalogs from the weekend.. woo hoo!
Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:55

bastet44 Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Good morning, Gurus!

Well, it isn't raining here, but it sure is overcast. I think we might be starting June gloom already, so it should be sunny by afternoon.

Don - I can't believe the show is this Sunday already! Time sure flies!

I've got a huge project that I've been working on. Hoping to get a final draft (at least of this iteration) done today to send off to the client by the end of the day.

Happy Wednesday!
Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:04

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 27, 2009

sagacious
\suh-GAY-shus\, adjective:

Having or showing keen discernment, sound judgment, and farsightedness.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:04

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy!

Back to work today after a 5 day break, and right now I'm thinking I should have just taken the rest of the week off as well. Nice and sunny today...Go figure, it was raining all day yesterday...

Trip to Tn was nice, especially on the way up. Not so much on the way back, because my friend, the rain, was with me most of the way back. I'm wishing I hadn't procrastinated on the weatherstrip job now!
Took a few pics of my buddies C3 and mine together..
He's got a 1970, with only 75k miles....and that thing is Sweet! We took both of them out and gave them a workout on some of those twisting mountain roads!

Attach file:

jpg  t3.JPG (488.89 KB)
1871_4a1d6d7d5d7ea.jpg 1225X483 px

jpg  t5.JPG (752.32 KB)
1871_4a1d6dd99fe3c.jpg 1280X960 px
Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:45

Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Beautiful scenery! Those cars just look like they're ready for some fun!
Posted on: 2009/5/27 16:49

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:
Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 27, 2009

sagacious
\suh-GAY-shus\, adjective:

Having or showing keen discernment, sound judgment, and farsightedness.

Raquel Welch was a bombshell in her day but today I'm sure she's sagacious.

Attach file:

jpg  A Sagacious Raquel.jpg (3.79 KB)
852_4a1d8fe03ab46.jpg 94X150 px
Posted on: 2009/5/27 19:04

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Afternoon Gurus....The in-laws left this morning, I sent the upper cabinets home with them, as I wouldn't have room for all of the cabinets in my pickup. This saves me or them another trip out here to get all the cabinets. Been working on the doors, edges are all routed and finish sanded. I am spraying the first coat of lacquer on this afternoon. Looks like I'll have them done by the end of the weekend.

Today started off cloudy and overcast, but the clouds have broken and it has turned out to be a very pretty day. North breeze is keeping things cool (mid 60's).

My middle grandson had his tonsils out this morning, I went up to the hospital a while ago to see how he was doing....poor little guy, but he'll be OK soon.

Tomorrow I take the Vette over to have it aligned. I always do that when I put new tires on. I just hate to think that a poor alignment would cause the tires to wear faster than they should. I would say that is a sagacious on my part.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 19:38

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Good evening. Hope everyone had a good day for those of you who had to work. For those who didn't - Phhhbbbtttt.

Taking a short break then off to the million-degree attic to rearrange things so I can make room for the stuff of mother's that I'm keeping. right now I have a chest of drawers blocking the microwave, a tv stand, plant and two boxes blocking the stove, a bed in the living room, you get the idea. And all that after an already crappy day at work. We hired a newby. That's about to be a load of fun.
Ugh... *sigh*
Otherwise, at least the rain stopped and it's beautiful outside. Need to clean the vette too, come to think of it.
Posted on: 2009/5/27 22:40

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Brad - that aluminum brightener is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Dave - that is a great looking c3 your buddy has. Is he a member on here? Did you get to sneak a drive in?

Other than that I had a good workout today. Kicked my own butt. I need to get in better shape for pool weather That and when it's time to take the jet skis out. When we go out to Lake Michigan those waves are killer on your back and arms.

Hope everyone had a great day.

matthew
Posted on: 2009/5/28 0:44

Epimax Re: Wednesday Chat 05.27.09
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:

Dave - that is a great looking c3 your buddy has. Is he a member on here? Did you get to sneak a drive in?

matthew

Yes Sir! We swapped cars and had a blast! I can't believe the torque that '70 has!
After we got through running the vettes up and down the mountain, we broke out his 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible and did some slow cruising! Great day all around!
Posted on: 2009/5/28 10:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.