Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
293 user(s) are online (252 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Saw Blades
The wheel style used for most of the C4s existence.

The early saw blades face forward. This means they catch air from the outside and drag it insi...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Monday Chat 03.21.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Tearing right into the new week. I have some trips to the bank and paperwork hot on the agenda. Mainly dicarding papers I have stacked or saved in case I might need them. Sufficient time has passed so now I can dig in and dispose of some of it and file others. Guess I'll roll up my sleeves, put on my thinking cap and break out the glasses. It's gonna be a long day ........

Attach file:

jpg  file clerk.jpg (360.47 KB)
852_4d8734b94358a.jpg 864X745 px
Posted on: 2011/3/21 11:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Hopefully later today it will all be under control .....

Attach file:

jpg  La,la,la la la.jpg (24.22 KB)
852_4d8735bbc52c2.jpg 300X300 px
Posted on: 2011/3/21 11:26

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! I want whatever that guy is having - I could just as easily go back to bed. I was thinking about driving the Vette this morning, but figured I'll wait a while - it would be nice if it was light enough to see the potholes before hitting them. I found some empty Bose speaker boxes on CF that I'm buying to mount my new speakers, should I get around to actually starting that project. I have some other stuff on the way for some other projects as well. Meanwhile, it'll be just another week at the grindstone.

Have a good Monday, all!
Posted on: 2011/3/21 12:18

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Spent too much time working on the yard this weekend. Feels like I missed the whole thing.

Attach file:

jpg  I_Hate_Mondays.jpg (28.93 KB)
2852_4d8742338e42d.jpg 233X350 px
Posted on: 2011/3/21 12:19

teebee Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Good morning Smiling Bob......Tommy I hope you're smiling for the same reason . I was up late trying to put the bathroom back together...set the stool and carried in the vanity. As usual, my luck with plumbing when I reattached the supply line to the stool, it leaks, not bad, just an annoying little drip. I hate F@#*ing plumbing. It's just the packing around the stem, but it's about as tight as it can go. I'll watch it today. And after while I have the sink to attach, it's will probably leak too.....I hate F@#*ing plumbing.

You guys have a great day. Tommy, don't get snowed with that avalanche.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 12:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Gents

What a crappy commute this morning. An hour and 10 minutes to go 25 miles. I guess it could be worse but it was pouring down rain and there were at least five people I could have committed road rage on!!! I hope it gets better.

I did not get down to the garage at all yesterday. I spent most of the day trying to configure and work out issues with our Online Race Management account and get it to properly download registrations to the autocross timing software. What a headache. I feel sorry for people trying to use this software/web-App if they are not computer savvy! I'm scratching my head too much as it is.

Check back with you later, hope you guys have a good day.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 12:51

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning all!

Tommy, good luck with lightening the house, as my wife calls it.

It's gross in a March way in Philadelphia this morning - about 40 degrees, raining, and windy.

At work today, working on more of the new notebook hardware introductions.

We attended a big meeting yesterday of the officers of one my NCRS chapters. We're working on a regional that's happening in Wildwood, NJ in the middle of May. We've got over 60 cars registered for flight judging, but none in the 1953-1955 and 1984-1989 classes. The weird thing about the lack of early C4s is that the late C4 (1990-1996) class is full (8 cars) with one wait-listed. The only other class that is full is, of course, 1967 big block ...

... something to ponder.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 12:56

BillH Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
set the stool and carried in the vanity. As usual, my luck with plumbing when I reattached the supply line to the stool, it leaks, not bad, just an annoying little drip. I hate F@#*ing plumbing. It's just the packing around the stem, but it's about as tight as it can go. I'll watch it today. And after while I have the sink to attach, it's will probably leak too.....I hate F@#*ing plumbing.

The exact same thing happened to me when I tiled the bathroom. Now the packing's so tight that it's almost impossible to turn the valva.

When I set the sink base in the kitchen, the valves had to come off to keep the holes in the sink base small. Of course the pipes were so close to the wall that the pipe cutter would hit the wall and you couldn't get a full turn with the cutter.
Plumbing sucks.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:35

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14738 Posts

Tommy how did you get that picture of me? Phone started ringing this morning with farmers wanting to know about their seed and chemical and fertilizers. So we are off and running early.

Don sorry about the commute and don't forget, anger is a choice. TB now we know why plumbers can charge what they do and we just write the checks. Brad glad you are getting the stuff together for your upgrade. I have heard a rumor that my other header should be here by the end of the week. I am not betting any money on it.

Let's roll guru's!
Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:42

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Huskerland
14738 Posts

I knew this would get everyone fired up! It works for me!

Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:47

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Oh man that gave me chills...
Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:48

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

It's been just over a week with no working out. Driving me crazy. I thought it would help with some joint pain I've been having, but it's just as bad as ever. I've been reevaluating things. I started doing a little more reading and I might need to increase my magnesium intake. I drink a lot of milk (usually 24 oz/day (ie, calcium)) but not sure if I get enough magnesium in my diet. They are actually related, and magnesium helps control calcium uptake in the body. My diet is very balanced and usually healthy, but sometimes we miss things. I'm gonna try an epsom salt soak for my elbows later and see if that helps (epsom salt is magnesium sulfate). Some arthritis patients claim relief from that. I'll see if it helps.

I got a chance to take the vette out yesterday. The weather was strange...thunderstorms at noon, clear and sunny at 5 pm, thunderstorms at 8 pm. But there was a window of opportunity and I took it! Went on a spirited little jaunt and enjoyed myself. Time to get back to some more datalogging and tweak the tune once more. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/3/21 14:05

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Matt do you have some pics of your car. The only one I have ever seen is on your signiture line.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 14:12

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning. Cloudy and 62 this morning.
Great weekend! Dethatched the yard and cleaned out the flower beds. Found 2 dead chipmunks in our pond, I posted no swimming signs. I'll probably get sued by some squirrel attorney. Put down 150 lbs of fertilizer. Sunday it rained all day.
Taking Friday off! time to get Vette out and get insurance on it.
Spring break in 2 weeks I start our master bath remodel, my wife saw a picture in a magazine she really likes. Can't what! Just remodeled the damn thing in 02.
I can relate to those minor little leaks! Honey due list never ends. I think retirement will bring out Volume 2 of honey dues!
Well guys kids need some help! watching a student picking his nose deeply, I'm not going to miss that!
Posted on: 2011/3/21 14:39

Huskerland
14738 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Found 2 dead chipmunks in our pond, I posted no swimming signs. I'll probably get sued by some squirrel attorney.

LOL!
Posted on: 2011/3/21 15:35

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:Well guys kids need some help! watching a student picking his nose deeply, I'm not going to miss that!

Gotta love kids!

Matthew, Glad you got it running! sorry to hear you're having joint issues. I've always heard good things about epsom salt soaks too.

I hate plumbing too...maybe that's because I sell plumbing supplies?
Posted on: 2011/3/21 16:19

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

OK, I've got the vanity back in...with only a couple minor plumbing issues. Another packing nut I had to tighten and since I built the new vanity, kitchen counter height, I had to run up and get an extension for the drain. But so far, I've got the leaks taken care of. I pulled the doors down, took them out to the shop and sanded, stained and respray them. We bought new door handles, so I'll install those as soon as the doors are dry. Most of the tools are out of the bedroom now, things are getting back to "normal".
Posted on: 2011/3/21 17:12

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12364 Posts

Don, don't you just hate stupid people and stupid drivers? Ron, nose pickers? Surely not. Marcus, get those farmers taken care of. Matt, can't relate to the epsom salts...never used them before. I hope you get your issue figured out. Jeff, I sure could have used your expertise, but I hate f@#*ing plumbing.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 17:17

Resized Image

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Busy day and I'm getting a headache. Took care of some banking issues. Had a flare up between realtors. I had to bring a copy of the contract to the sellers agents office and chat with the district manager. This deal has not been going easy. We're forcing the sellers agent to do things that by law they're supposed to do and they're resisting. They don't want to accept our bid. They keeep pushing, can't you offer more? We told them. let's just see what the bank counters. I don't want to pay $1 more than what we can negotiate. I feel like giving them the Mr Gasket treatment.
My 90 is held up in the shop. I need either a new compressor or find a gasket. I need a new manifold gasket for the compressor. It's a metal gasket aparrently. I have to do some parts hunting. Paperwork put on hold again. Trying to work out some title issues on my dead brothers car. .........Ahhh! ..... Life's like a box of chocolates.

Attach file:

jpg  box of chocolates.jpg (92.94 KB)
852_4d87934650aaa.jpg 434X650 px
Posted on: 2011/3/21 18:05

pr0zac Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

It's been just over a week with no working out. Driving me crazy. I thought it would help with some joint pain I've been having, but it's just as bad as ever. I've been reevaluating things. I started doing a little more reading and I might need to increase my magnesium intake. I drink a lot of milk (usually 24 oz/day (ie, calcium)) but not sure if I get enough magnesium in my diet. They are actually related, and magnesium helps control calcium uptake in the body. My diet is very balanced and usually healthy, but sometimes we miss things. I'm gonna try an epsom salt soak for my elbows later and see if that helps (epsom salt is magnesium sulfate). Some arthritis patients claim relief from that. I'll see if it helps.

I got a chance to take the vette out yesterday. The weather was strange...thunderstorms at noon, clear and sunny at 5 pm, thunderstorms at 8 pm. But there was a window of opportunity and I took it! Went on a spirited little jaunt and enjoyed myself. Time to get back to some more datalogging and tweak the tune once more. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew

i have been having knee problems for 6 years. after 3 surgeries its still not great. i found that getting the hell out of the cold weather was the best thing i could have ever done. everytime i go up north a little piece of me dies. lol. it is the worst. i can't go during the winter. it makes my knees and hips sore as hell. i have trouble enough sleeping as it is. its going to hurt no matter what i do.. so you just gotta push through it i guess. but sometimes that is easier said then done. i have really stepped up my game on working out and i have to take days off because its almost too much at times. but its working.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 19:55

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:
I need either a new compressor or find a gasket. I need a new manifold gasket for the compressor.

I got lucky and found the gasket I needed. Thank you search engines.

90 Corvette compressor manifold gasket

Four Seasons 24156 Compressor Manifold Port Gasket
Four Seasons 24156 Gasket Kit ... more $5.55

Amazon.com
Posted on: 2011/3/21 23:14

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Ahhh...Gentleman Jack....you were a good friend while you were here...alas, all good things must come to and end. I shall drink to your memory, though.

Back to topic...never got my epsom salt soak tonight. Elbow was feeling better during the day but will probably wake up sore. I'm no stranger to joint pain, used to suffer pretty bad when I ran hurdles years ago, a lot of pounding on the knees. Multiple years of martial arts also took its toll. So I just deal.

Marcus - pictures of my car make it look much better than in person...lol. It's about an 8 footer. You get up close and see all the clear coat peeling on the rear bumper, the scratches, a few bubbles from a bad repair years and years ago...but I still like it.

This is when I had it detailed a couple summers back:

Photobucket

A couple random shots:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:36

RickAnthony Re: Monday Chat 03.21.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Ahhh...Gentleman Jack....you were a good friend while you were here...alas, all good things must come to and end. I shall drink to your memory, though.

Back to topic...never got my epsom salt soak tonight. Elbow was feeling better during the day but will probably wake up sore. I'm no stranger to joint pain, used to suffer pretty bad when I ran hurdles years ago, a lot of pounding on the knees. Multiple years of martial arts also took its toll. So I just deal.

Marcus - pictures of my car make it look much better than in person...lol. It's about an 8 footer. You get up close and see all the clear coat peeling on the rear bumper, the scratches, a few bubbles from a bad repair years and years ago...but I still like it.

This is when I had it detailed a couple summers back:

Photobucket

A couple random shots:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cars not that bad when it's cleaned up! Especially like the last shot I gotta get my car back up here I haven't even put 1 mile on the new trans yet and I need to adjust the speedo with Tuner Cat. Still hoping to bring the Nova up here soon though...
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:42
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Found 2 dead chipmunks in our pond, I posted no swimming signs. I'll probably get sued by some squirrel attorney.

http://www.getipm.com/personal/dam.htm

STATE OF MICHIGAN

Reply to:
GRAND RAPIDS DISTRICT OFFICE
STATE OFFICE BUILDING 6TH FLOOR
350 OTTAWA NW
GRAND RAPIDS MI 49503-2341

JOHN ENGLER, Governor
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
HOLLISTER BUILDING, PO BOX 30473, LANSING MI 48909-7973
INTERNET: http://www.deq.state.mi us
RUSSELL J. HARDING, Director

December 17, 1997

CERTIFIED

Mr. Ryan DeVries
2088 Dagget
Pierson, MI 49339

Dear Mr. DeVries:

SUBJECT: DEQ File No. 97-59-0023-1 T11N, R10W, Sec. 20, Montcalm Count-,),

It has come to the attention of the Department of Environmental Quality that there has been recent
unauthorized activity on the above referenced parcel of property. You have been certified as the legal landowner and/or contractor who did the following unauthorized activity: Construction and maintenance of two wood debris dams across the outlet stream of Spring Pond.

A permit must be issued prior to the start of this type of activity. A review of the Department's files show that no permits have been issued. Therefore, the Department has determined that this activity is in violation of Part 301,. Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Michigan Compiled Laws annotated.

The Department has been informed that one or both of the dams partially, failed during a recent rain event, causing debris dams and flooding at downstream locations. We find that dams of this nature are inherently hazardous and cannot be permitted. The Department therefore orders you to cease and desist all unauthorized activities at this location, and to restore the stream to a free-flow condition by removing all wood and brush forming the dams from the strewn channel. All restoration work shall be completed no later than January 31, 1998. Please notify this office when the restoration has been completed so that a follow-up site inspection may be scheduled by our staff.

Failure to comply with this request, or any further unauthorized activity on the site, may result in this case being referred for elevated enforcement action.

We anticipate and would appreciate your full cooperation in this matter. Please feel free to contact me at this office if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

David L. Price
District Representative
Land and Water Management Division
616-356-0269

dlp:bjc
cc: LWMD, Lansing

MontcaImCEA
Pierson Township
Lieutenant Mary C. Sherzer, DNR LED

Reply:

Stephen and Rosalind Tvedten
2530 Hayes Street
Marne, MI 49435-9751
616-677-1261
616-677-1262 Fax
steve@getipm.com
1/6/98

David L. Price
District Representative
Land and Water Management Division
Grand Rapids District Office
State Office Bldg., 6th Floor
350 Ottawa, N.W.
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-2341

Dear Mr. Price:

Re: DEQ File No. 97-59-0023; T11N, R10W, Sec 20; Montcalm County

Your certified letter dated 12/17/97 has been handed to me to respond to. You sent out a great deal of carbon copies to a lot of people, but you neglected to include their addresses. You will, therefore, have to send them a copy of my response.

First of all, Mr. Ryan DeVries is not the legal landowner and/or contractor at 2088 Dagget, Pierson, Michigan - I am the legal owner and a couple of beavers are in the (State unauthorized) process of constructing and maintaining two wood "debris" dams across the outlet stream of my Spring Pond. While I did not pay for, nor authorize their dam project, I think they would be highly offended you call their skillful use of natural building materials "debris". I would like to challenge you to attempt to emulate their dam project any dam time and/or any dam place you choose. I believe I can safely state there is no dam way you could ever match their dam skills, their dam resourcefulness, their dam ingenuity, their dam persistence, their dam determination and/or their dam work ethic.

As to your dam request the beavers first must fill out a dam permit prior to the start of this type of dam activity, my first dam question to you is: are you trying to discriminate against my Spring Pond Beavers or do you require all dam beavers throughout this State to conform to said dam request? If you are not discriminating against these particular beavers, please send me completed copies of all those other applicable beaver dam permits. Perhaps we will see if there really is a dam violation of Part 301, Inland Lakes and Streams, of the Natural Resource and Environmental Protection Act, Act 451 of the Public Acts of 1994, being sections 324.30101 to 324.30113 of the Michigan Compiled Laws annotated. My first concern is - aren't the dam beavers entitled to dam legal representation? The Spring Pond Beavers are financially destitute and are unable to pay for said dam representation - so the State will have to provide them with a dam lawyer.

The Department's dam concern that either one or both of the dams failed during a recent rain event causing dam flooding is proof we should leave the dam Spring Pond Beavers alone rather than harassing them and calling their dam names. If you want the dam stream "restored" to a dam free-flow condition - contact the dam beavers - but if you are going to arrest them (they obviously did not pay any dam attention to your dam letter -- being unable to read English) - be sure you read them their dam Miranda first. As for me, I am not going to cause more dam flooding or dam debris jams by interfering with these dam builders. If you want to hurt these dam beavers - be aware I am sending a copy of your dam letter and this response to PETA. If your dam Department seriously finds all dams of this nature inherently hazardous and truly will not permit their existence in this dam State - I seriously hope you are not selectively enforcing this dam policy - or once again both I and the Spring Pond Beavers will scream prejudice!

In my humble opinion, the Spring Pond Beavers have a right to build their dam unauthorized dams as long as the sky is blue, the grass is green and water flows downstream. They have more dam right than I to live and enjoy Spring Pond. So, as far as I and the beavers are concerned, this dam case can be referred for more dam elevated enforcement action now. Why wait until 1/31/98? The Spring Pond Beavers may be under the dam ice then, and there will be no dam way for you or your dam staff to contact/harass them then.

In conclusion, I would like to bring to your attention a real environmental quality (health) problem; bears are actually defecating in our woods. I definitely believe you should be persecuting the defecating bears and leave the dam beavers alone. If you are going to investigate the beaver dam, watch your step! (The bears are not careful where they dump!)

Being unable to comply with your dam request, and being unable to contact you on your dam answering machine, I am sending this response to your dam office.

Sincerely,

Stephen L.Tvedten
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:47

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

RickAnthony wrote:

Cars not that bad when it's cleaned up! Especially like the last shot I gotta get my car back up here I haven't even put 1 mile on the new trans yet and I need to adjust the speedo with Tuner Cat. Still hoping to bring the Nova up here soon though...

Yeah, the corvette-guru sticker is nice Let me know when you go down, maybe if it's a weekend I'm off I can go with.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 1:50

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I'm gonna have to make my own Corvette-Guru.com stickers for mine I guess.

Corvette-GURu.com
Posted on: 2011/3/22 2:55

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm gonna have to make my own Corvette-Guru.com stickers for mine I guess.

Corvette-GURu.com

At least it matches our circus colors

http://www.corvette-guru.com/modules/ ... e=&topic_id=14369&forum=6
Posted on: 2011/3/22 2:58

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

So .... ah .... Matt

You got all those injuries stayin healthy did ya?
Posted on: 2011/3/22 3:01

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

Yup.
Posted on: 2011/3/22 11:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.