Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
227 user(s) are online (203 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Dana 44
This references the rear differential.

The Dana 36 was the smaller unit. It was used on all 1984 Corvettes, and all automatic Corvettes thru 1996...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

three ....... two ........ one .......

GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QEGlsHS6tSQ
Posted on: 2011/8/10 11:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

That was good for me. It gives me hope for tomorrow. It also restores my faith that not all kids are gangbangin wannabees, 12 y/o pimps and ho's and drug crazed hoodlums. Exception given to the kids and grandkids of Corvette-Guru members of course. They're all little angels.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 11:29

biggrizzly Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Ahh... thanks Tommy, that was a bit refreshing.

Yesterday, what a day. Glad its behind me but it was a full day. I think I have another one today too.

Last night I drove the car for its longest round trip since the new engine. I left here and drove 57 miles to my Corvette Club meeting in Gaithersburg, MD. It was 96 degrees on the beltway in bumper to bumper traffic crawling at a snails pace in some areas. I was watching the engine temps close and nothing out of the ordinary for bumper to bumper traffic on a hot day. It passed its heat and traffic test.

The drive home was just awesome at 10PM. It was a clear night so I took off the roof and enjoyed the hum of the engine. Little to no traffic and got to do some nice third gear pulls up to 80mph or so. Lots more power in this package than just the heads & cam I did a few years ago. Brings a huge smile to ones's face! Also, it seems like the exhaust system is mellowing out if that is possible.

As I drove within 15 miles to home and the bay, the ambient air temps started to drop fast from the 89 degrees back on the beltway to, 75 degrees as I got closer home and the water. It was really a nice feeling driving in almost cool weather again for a change. Engine temps on the way home were as low as 178. This winter I might have to change my fan settings to allow it to get a little warmer.

Anyhow... thought I'd share my fun drive last night.

Tommy - take some goof off time too!
Posted on: 2011/8/10 11:59

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

That was a pretty impressive video, T-Bone. Don, glad you got to enjoy the car. I've been taking rugrat #1 for short trips around town in mine...she likes looking out the clear roof panel and when it's off. I don't want to go too far with her, I think it's too loud.

Both kids are up already I've got to get them cleaned up and get some lunches made, we're planning a trip to the zoo today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:10

BillH Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Day 6 on my "Do nothing but fun shit" tour.

This is really working well.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:19

4543 Posts

I know it seems physically impossible for an all metal system that just has air blowing through it to somehow magically mellow out. But either I am getting immune to the sound or its getting quieter, especially at speed on the highway. I still have some vibrations coming from the exhaust system and or drive line. Its just a seat of the pants kind of vibration that I can't put my finger on.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:21

pianoguy Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! Wow, those kids are great! Lovely morning here, sunny and cool, refreshing with the top off. Gonna be about 75 later, should be a nice commmute home, morons aside.

Enjoy your day, Gurus!
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:23

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
I still have some vibrations coming from the exhaust system and or drive line. Its just a seat of the pants kind of vibration that I can't put my finger on.

I had that, vibration in the floorboard under my heel. when I inatslled tha chambered cat back.
It was only in the lower gears.

Seemed to go away too. Kinda strange.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:26

4543 Posts

A Tale of Two Diaries.

1. Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing..' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving.

I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.'

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

2. Husband's Diary:

Corvette wouldn't start, can't figure it out.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:53

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Good morning everyone....thanks for the Dave's Highway start. I listened to them sing All is Good with my Soul and almost got a lump in my throat. They are growing up as you see them in later vids. Good stuff and Tommy is right the Guru kids are all above average little

That can't be said for those idiots in London.

I too went out for a nice ride last night and it was suggested by my wife......and after awile she wanted to drive the 5.....uh oh...here we go....Honey is it ok if I take the Vette to KC to see my sister?.....geez...

I am kinda doing a Bill this week, he may have inspired me to take some time off to do some fun stuff. It's been a long pull.

Have a great day Guru Nation it's hump day....
Posted on: 2011/8/10 12:58

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:

Tommy - take some goof off time too!

In about 3 weeks. Priorities brother ..... Priorities.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 13:06

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Honey is it ok if I take the Vette to KC to see my sister?

That's not a question in my house

Wife: Honey, I'm going to take the Vette/Porsche to Auckland. See ya when I get back.

Me:
Posted on: 2011/8/10 13:11

Ultraman Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14760 Posts

Did I see somewhere that she can beat you in an autocross with the Porsche......Dats awsome!
Posted on: 2011/8/10 13:26

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Did I see somewhere that she can beat you in an autocross with the Porsche......Dats awsome!

Tommy wil say "Well, her car has 30 more horse than mine,etc,etc,etc."

I'm waitin' for the video.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 14:01

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning guys....I was tired last night after coming back from the hot springs. The GS's fell asleep right away, while I was checking forum and email. Played golf with a guy from Annapolis (he has a home up here too), great guy. And last night at the springs we meet a family from Minnesota, trying to get away from the heat....Ha ha, I told them it was in the 70's , the father said, "Yea, it happens every time to us".

Tommy keep at it you'll have it done soon. Don, glad you had a nice drive. Actually Corsa says that their systems mellow out. Marcus you knew it was coming.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 14:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

vetteblondie Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4661 Posts

Morning all...
Dropped off the '02 so the seat could be rebuilt yesterday, picked my old one back up to drive in the mean time, today it's due to rain so I'm in the pickup. Funny how different vehicles feel so different driving them. Looking forward to a long dreary day at the office. have an appointment coming at 1 to finalize a wrap elsewise, I'd go home. Sick as a dawg. When I find out where I got it, I'm returning it. I have a pretty good idea.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 14:24

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

BeachBum Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
three ....... two ........ one .......

GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=QEGlsHS6tSQ

Thats pretty good, one of the better renditions of the athem I have ever heard. Those kids have a bit of talent.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 14:50

1Fast04Vert Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Yesterday was splitting firewood and putting front shocks on the truck. This morning was bleach and pressure washing the back of the house. Tomorrow is going to my daughter's to mow her grass and other assorted chores. I wonder how I ever got it all done when I was working? Oh well, rest of today is just R&R time.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 15:59

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
A Tale of Two Diaries.

1. Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing..' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.

On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving.

When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else.

He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.

2. Husband's Diary:

LMAO!
Posted on: 2011/8/10 16:24

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good Morning Guys. Back home after unsucessful trip to Reno/Truckee. Got to see some great country! My wife gets unnerved with break downs on the road when its dark. Blown semi truck trailer tire took out my atf cooler and a pin hole in the radiator. Nothing great! just Murphys Law at work! I Called Bill H to let him know we wouldn't make it. Great Guy! He was truly concerned.
God Bless the 30 military service members killed in Afganisan. Twenty two SEALs with their experience will be hard to replace. Talk to you guys later. And Yes Matthew I did take pics....
Posted on: 2011/8/10 16:28

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hope you're feeling better soon, Letty!
Posted on: 2011/8/10 16:30

Vetron87 Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
[quote]
biggrizzly wrote:
A Tale of Two Diaries.

1. Wife's Diary:

2. Husband's Diary:

LMAO![/quote

Gawd that is soo true.. LMAO.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 16:31

teebee Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Glad that you made it home, Ron. Sh!t happens out on the road, and I know how your wife feels.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 19:14

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

JeffK Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Well, I enjoyed my short visit with Dad. He got here about at about 1 on Monday and left this morning at 9am.
While he was here we put new rotors on the front of his car, went and had the tires rotated and I worked on the headlights on his car. I hate those plastic ones they put on newer cars.

He was just getting into Maryland on I-81 when I called him at 2 so he should be home around 6 or 7 tonight.
Posted on: 2011/8/10 21:01

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Did I mention she works the timekeeping booth?
Posted on: 2011/8/10 23:02

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Ah, now things make sense.

A Tale of Two Diaries.

1. Wife's Diary:

Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. He had this far away look in his eyes.

Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing..' I asked him if he was worried about racing tomorrow.
He smiled slightly, and kept driving.

I can't explain his behavior

The next day I was in the timing & scoring booth. 3 cones equals + 3 seconds.

2. Husband's Diary:

I couldn't have hit 3 cones, can't figure it out.
Posted on: 2011/8/11 0:15

4543 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I need to know her secret of working the timing shack and driving!
Posted on: 2011/8/11 0:17

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33774 Posts

Quote:

biggrizzly wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I need to know her secret of working the timing shack and driving!

4 work groups = 4 run groups How many groups do you have?

While yellow and red work green and blue run. 2 sets of workers

How many participants?
Posted on: 2011/8/11 1:15

Matatk Re: Wednesday Chat 08.10.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Loooooong day and I'm beat. Need to get some sleep.

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/11 2:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.