Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
305 user(s) are online (265 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Mirrors
Side mirrors: both should move in all directions.

A little whirring from the motor is normal....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Monday Chat 08.29.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Welcome back to the work week (for most?). Hopefully you guys out on the East Coast can dry out a bit and there wasn't much damage.

Weekend was pretty busy for me. As usual. Didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted but what else is new.

Any exciting war stories from the weekend? Post 'em up!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/29 11:43

pianoguy Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Howdy! I got to sleep an extra hour or so today, gonna go play in a charity golf tournament later. It's supposed to be sunny and 81, tough duty.

Have a good day, all!
Posted on: 2011/8/29 11:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

JeffK Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

First day of a long week for me.

Hopefully Don gets back in his house today and there's not any damage! Mojo to Don and Kathie and all our other members who were in the path.

Have a good day guru's!
Posted on: 2011/8/29 12:39

Ultraman Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Good morning had a big busy weekend. Saturday I took the dog ( a Yorkie) and loaded him in the Corpette Caddy, hahaha I just made that up......its good to be funny. Grandma loves that dog. Anyway me and him took the C5 to Kansas to see my Ma. Her and my stepdude were fine, they were really tracking the storm and we had to have some lively debates on who the republicans were going to get to unseat Obama. They are of course very staunch republicans.....they say its going to be Perry the Gov of Texas.

After a day of having to yell to be understood I headed up to Lincoln on Sunday and met the rest of the Ultra's and went to the Berean Church which is huge. Maybe a 1000 people there and they have 3 services. Nice! Good sermon too. After that just down the street was the NCA all Vette car show. Several people we know from our town belong and we met up with them and chatted it up as we looked at all the cars. I got a bunch of ideas for mine. I posted some pics.

The car ran perfect all weekend. I only got 24 mph avg though and I wanted to get 25 like TB did. He must drive 60 all the time......I don't. Memo to self get some Dyna Mat ordered for winter project. On Milled surfaces the interior noise was annoying.

Matt glad the kids are on the mend, Brad I am thinking you will shoot low 80's today....waiting to see how Don made out in the storm. I saw a C5 at the show that reminded me so much of his C4. Have a great day Guru's it is time to get after it....
Posted on: 2011/8/29 12:56

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BillH Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Welcome back to the work week
Matthew

Must be Monday.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 13:16

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Tommy is supposed to be back on line today.

We're waiting with baited breath.......
Or baited traps, I can't remember which.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 13:26

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good morning all... We are back in the house and all is well. Very little damage here. The neighbor's tree which we feared would fall on the house stayed put and my back-up sump pump must have worked flawlessly since the basement was dry as a bone. We lost power for 10 hours but many still have no power. We got almost 10 inches of rain and wind gusting to 72mph. I'm so thankful that this storm was not the powerhouse initially forecast.

I'm really bummed out about Carlisle but there is always next year. I did get to spend one day there, although I was worried sick with what to do about the storm all day. I barely could have fun.

This weekend is the Baltimore Grand Prix and I hope this weather holds out for Friday and Saturday. Hanging out in the Corvette Corral will be a lot of fun.

OK - enough of the chit chat, I got to go outside and clean up all the limbs and debris from around the house and cut the grass! Later Dudes

OH... Almost forgot... Thanks for all the Mojo!!! It worked.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 14:03

j3studio Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

Good morning, all.

Still no power. The local electric promises that 90% of us will be back up by Wednesday night, with the rest of us up by the weekend. We'll see - so far they have been coherent.

I'm at work, charging all my devices. This is the first day of our "Fall Crush", so you'll probably hear a little less from me over the next three weeks.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 14:09

vetteblondie Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

A bit cloudy here, I guess the rain off Irene is headed my way. Glad to hear some damage was minimal although some still are without power. Was a beautiful weekend here so I did nothing, guess I need to get busy and get crap done today.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 14:20

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

djxib Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

I'm glad Irene wasnt as bad as predicted - good luck to those without power!

Its the final few days for the end of our sales quarter, going to be noisy at work until Midnight Wednesday. I'll get to lay low Thursday/Friday so I can finally get the car together - hopefully fire her up on the weekend.

Biggest challenge is supercharger pipework - the YSi is bigger that the S and T trims, and as a result the orientation isnt ideal. Spent a few hours playing with various shape 3" pipe trying to get the best compromise between a direct path to the TB without hitting hood / pulleys etc. I'll post pics when I get the first version hooked up. I'll probably do something more permanent and good looking over the winter - there is a local guy who fabs custom intakes for the drift/turbo/import community - he'll get version '2' done for me. Version 3 next year may be to switch sides, which will mean the AC and Power steering run off the passenger side of the engine...

Anyway - back into sales mode. Have a good week!
Posted on: 2011/8/29 14:49

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Vetron87 Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Good morning. Beautiful day high near 78. Got home at 4:30 am. Sail boat on the rocks is pretty bad. Five foot waves rocked her world last night. Keel would not allow the boat to free itself. Port side has a 9 foot rip from bow to midship. Night time, waves, undertow, jagged rocks made a night dive too dangerous. Tow vessel was employed to try and free the keel, that became a cluster fu&$. Owners are a mess. Boats worth 400K new insurance will pay 150K. Hum.. not the best at math but I think it equals your screwed!! She was more upset that her jewelry was on board. Damn lady it ain't goin anywhere! unless the lake perch get into a fashion statement. Funny how rich people are more concerned about material things when mother nature bitch slaps their world! Owner was upset his Rolex was scratched, I showed him my 100 dollar Casio and said I don't give a shit. Well guys another interesting day in Granger Indiana. Need to sharpen the blades on the mower and contemplate the term stupid and dumb fuc$.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 16:47

biggrizzly Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
She was more upset that her jewelry was on board. Damn lady it ain't goin anywhere! unless the lake perch get into a fashion statement.

OOOooohhhh AAAaaahhhh! Sunken Treasure!
Posted on: 2011/8/29 18:14

zoe6 Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Senior Guru
Northern Indiana
167 Posts

Hi guys! seems like decades since my last post. Doing my MBA @ Notre Dame. Our trip to Hot August Nights in Reno was a bust, tire debris took out dads ATF cooler, and my rear hub began making noise. All in all a pretty good trip considering.
Eating dinner at my parents house tonight, work/study/work seems like all I do anymore.
Anyway guys have a great night! Erin
Posted on: 2011/8/29 22:01

teebee Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Afternoon guys....it's been a heck of a day. Busier than poop. Irene is over and I'm glad to hear that our members seem to have come out alright with her. Ron, how can you deal with some of these people? Marcus....I don't drive that easy either. Not sure why you aren't doing 25.

Had the serviceman out to look at the AC unit (three years old)....freaking A-coil is leaking. Good news is that it is under warranty ($1200?????), bad news is that the labor is not covered (WTF?) and that is going to be around $500 plus the $270 they charged for today to come out figure out that the sh!t they installed was just that....sh!t. I'm pissed.

Get to go out and golf in the second night of our two night mens league tourney. I hope I show up tonight and play reasonably well.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 22:04

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Sitting here reading thru NCRS stuff, it's nice to find out good sources for cad plating and black phosphate.

Maybe I'll work on the 67 tomorrow......maybe.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 23:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Had the serviceman out to look at the AC unit (three years old)....freaking A-coil is leaking. Good news is that it is under warranty ($1200?????), bad news is that the labor is not covered (WTF?) and that is going to be around $500 plus the $270 they charged for today to come out figure out that the sh!t they installed was just that....sh!t. I'm pissed.

New Matag Mircowave - total parts and service-$530, purchase price $298.

It's all a racket.
Posted on: 2011/8/29 23:50

BrianCunningham Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

Quote:

djxib wrote:
I'm glad Irene wasnt as bad as predicted - good luck to those without power!

Its the final few days for the end of our sales quarter, going to be noisy at work until Midnight Wednesday. I'll get to lay low Thursday/Friday so I can finally get the car together - hopefully fire her up on the weekend.

Biggest challenge is supercharger pipework - the YSi is bigger that the S and T trims, and as a result the orientation isnt ideal. Spent a few hours playing with various shape 3" pipe trying to get the best compromise between a direct path to the TB without hitting hood / pulleys etc. I'll post pics when I get the first version hooked up. I'll probably do something more permanent and good looking over the winter - there is a local guy who fabs custom intakes for the drift/turbo/import community - he'll get version '2' done for me. Version 3 next year may be to switch sides, which will mean the AC and Power steering run off the passenger side of the engine...

Anyway - back into sales mode. Have a good week!

Greg over @ BlowerWorks should be able to help you out.

That's going to be a beast!
Posted on: 2011/8/30 0:44

djxib Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Senior Guru
North Georgia
456 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Greg over @ BlowerWorks should be able to help you out.

That's going to be a beast!

Yep - me and Greg are best buddies!

..and we are hoping it will be a complete monster
Posted on: 2011/8/30 1:00

1996 Greenwood Collectors Edition LT4

Previously 1992 Convertible Polo Green. 383 LT1/LT4 forged/balanced. V7-YSi, Alky. 608RWHP... Now sitting at a dismantler with a salvage title. Still runs...

Matatk Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Sitting here reading thru NCRS stuff, it's nice to find out good sources for cad plating and black phosphate.

Maybe I'll work on the 67 tomorrow......maybe.

I'm a member of NCRS....Not Correctly Restored Stingray.

Then again, Bill, you're also a member of CRS....Can't Remember Sh!t
Posted on: 2011/8/30 1:57

teebee Re: Monday Chat 08.29.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Played like sh!t tonight, just as I anticipated....
Posted on: 2011/8/30 3:35

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Played like sh!t tonight, just as I anticipated....

Play 9 with me.

Guaranteed ego booster.
Posted on: 2011/8/30 12:42

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.