Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
362 user(s) are online (325 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

pappyfreebird personal ?
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

in tunes post midnight asked were been,,thanks,,well my pappys been in a 22 day fight to live ,,hes 84 n tuff but loosin strength fast..savin all the sadness,,were i need help is , i jus discoverd he hasnt made his house payments in 5 months (yes he got sucked in to refinance fer cash)n foreclosure letter sayun behind etc. anyways ,we were doin the power of attorney n drs say cant he wasnt in his right mind two days ago when we tried this...anybody been thru this..whats best ? a lawyer ? any legal eagals care to comment,, thanks paps..he has copd n is jus outta nuthar surgury last night,,that went good,,now fear is kin he come back n then breath on his own ...prayers be preciated too.
Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: personal ?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I wish I had some advice to offer, but I haven't been through anything quite like that. Prayers and mojo for your dad, Pappy, and I hope you can get this all sorted out!
Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:52

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Epimax Re: personal ?
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Prayers are with you and your Dad...
Hope you can get things straightened out....
Posted on: 2009/1/22 12:57

dan0617 Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I can't give you any advice on the house situation as I have no idea what can or can't be done. You would think with the market and the financial institutions in the shape they are in that the bank would be willing to work with you pretty good on making partial payments or catching up over time. Wouldn't think they would want to forclose.
Posted on: 2009/1/22 13:09

Midnight85 Re: personal ?
Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Pappy, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. It's bad enough to have a loved one in bad health but when the financial vultures swoop in it really makes a mess of things. I pray that your Dad becomes lucid enough to get papers signed that will help you get through this, other than that I can offer no advice except to say that most lawyers have the first consultation free. That is what I would be doing,, today.
Posted on: 2009/1/22 14:46

bogus Re: personal ?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

pappyfreebird wrote:
in tunes post midnight asked were been,,thanks,,well my pappys been in a 22 day fight to live ,,hes 84 n tuff but loosin strength fast..savin all the sadness,,were i need help is , i jus discoverd he hasnt made his house payments in 5 months (yes he got sucked in to refinance fer cash)n foreclosure letter sayun behind etc. anyways ,we were doin the power of attorney n drs say cant he wasnt in his right mind two days ago when we tried this...anybody been thru this..whats best ? a lawyer ? any legal eagals care to comment,, thanks paps..he has copd n is jus outta nuthar surgury last night,,that went good,,now fear is kin he come back n then breath on his own ...prayers be preciated too.

I feel your pain, Pappy... I am dealing with this, too.

You can petition the court to become a caretaker of your fathers estate, due to his mental condition. Any competent eldercare attorney can help with this.

There are many laws in place to protect his finacial status, and at the same time, allow you to help. You just need the right lawyer to do it.

You NEED A LAWYER. One who is an expert in eldercare issues.

Ask the Drs who they see most often, or, check with the local bar association. If you have a family atty, check whith him/her.
Posted on: 2009/1/22 15:46

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

happydad Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

I'll Pray for you and your's ..Pappy
Posted on: 2009/1/22 17:39
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

Schrade Re: personal ?
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

I think you need to see an attorney certified by the state bar in 'Probate Law'.
Posted on: 2009/1/22 17:44

Resized Image

pappyfreebird Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thank you guys...lawyers where im at too..ill write my own check to cover his behind payments..i wont give up his house to them fuggan volchers...where the cash comes from cant matter so long as its pd to his account,,,that much i do know..n the prayers r welcome ..thats what its gonna take ..hes out of nuther surgury n has breathin tube n is semi alert..so prayers be greatly preciated thanks again
paps
Posted on: 2009/1/23 2:07

81c3 Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Colorado
143 Posts

Prayers from my family to yours.
Posted on: 2009/1/23 20:45

Mr_Mojo Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

My dad will be 89 in two months. A few years back, we took care of all that power of attorney stuff, so if anything happens, I won't have much trouble taking care of things.

I bought his house 6 years ago, so no worries there.

Like the others, find a good lawyer.

My cousin is going through the same thing with her mother. She ran up the credit card and now can't pay, so my cousin called the CC company and worked out a deal with them, but then they got bought out and she had to do it all over again.
Posted on: 2009/1/23 21:08

CorvetteBob Re: personal ?
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I don't know what state you're in, but at this time , most banks DON'T want another house. It costs them alot of $$ to reposess a house. They have to pay any back taxes, pay to have it cleaned, pay attorneys, pay, pay, pay...
I have a friend that is currently going thru a similar crisis on his home. He is using a lawyer AND going thru a local agency that helps you keep the house. They negotiate with the bank and the bank just rolls the payments and interest onto the back end of the loan. Some banks have a debt modification process that will help smoothe this transition and help you get back on track.

Belive me, right now the banks have alot more houses than they want. They're not in the real-estate business, they're in the selling money business.

My advice is to get on it with a lawyer and also get after, and stay after, the bank to utilize their options.
Best of luck, I hope this helps.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 5:56

xccter Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

Sorry to hear about your dad. Wish I had something more than moral support to offer you, but I don't.

Hang in there buddy.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 13:01
NCRS #48337

Matatk Re: personal ?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

How's your dad doing, Pappy? Any progress? Any updates on the legal stuff?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/1/25 13:55

kelley Re: personal ?
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

pappy, call bank explain why no payment, and tell them hes in the hospital,and see what they can do, then get a lawyer to get power of attorney, our prayers are with you,
Posted on: 2009/1/25 17:52

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well fellas ,,we called morgage co..they said mail sum stuff..i do know i kin wirte em check fer past bal. n stop any forcloser, n kin prolly squeek nuff taa make his payments too...but need power of attorney ta use his fundsn take care of future..as fer pops at the moment hes beyin kept sedated ,,cause when wakes he tries ta pull his tubes (has em in nose n mouth)n a nasty long cut from the surgury..i rekon ive left alot out..but in end he was in resthome to recover fum nawt breathin (copd) then more complications (bowl plugged) thought prolly cancer,,turnt out ta be twist in colon fum past scar..wich was good ,,but as above he fights when wakes,,thus the sedation..brutha jus called said stay home n do yer thing, there gonna keep him down again today..so fer now i thank you people fer prayers n knowledge shared..hes in mayo (the best there is ) so its up ta us ta do the lawyer cheeyut n git that coverd..shoulda been payin better attention to that ..but he aways said yea i got it etc..
Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:01

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That's some good news, man - he's in good hands at the Mayo, for sure.
Posted on: 2009/1/25 19:39

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

C4DERF Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

pappyfreebird,

Our family is dealing with a similar situation. Our daughter was in a very serious auto accident in Oct 08 caused by a drunk driver. She is now at home after almost 3 months in the hospital. Wife and I are providing Home Care for her. You NEED to get a lawyer ASAP for your father to protect him from financial destruction as you have no legal control over his finances other than pay his bill(s) from your own accounts. Please know we are praying for you, your dad and your family as everyone is and will be effected by this situation. I can tell you first hand that prayer does work! Amen. We pray your dad's health will get better very fast and that the financial portion will be corrected also. Take care brother.
Fred
Posted on: 2009/1/25 20:05

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thanks all and fred, seems ill send a few prayers yer way too fer the daughter n strength fer you n the wife..puts a new meaning to the werd stress dont it,,take care
Posted on: 2009/1/26 12:57

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Hi Pappy, how is your Dad doing? I hope you have good news for us.
Posted on: 2009/1/29 15:23

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey rednecks...the ol boy smiled today...since last here my pappy had yet nuthar surgury...they hadda do a trake to git rid of that throat tube...(to easy fer infection)...so hes been thru the mill...we had ta shake hime a bit to git him awake n focused..then he gamme his hey you nod,, i said hey pops you get her phone no. yet (the nurse) n he smiled,,,but then faded back off ta sleep..but hey when yer 84 n cut on maybe sleepin is best way ta heal..but we do need ta keep his mind goin n let him know were there etc..so tadays visit seemd upliftin..now hope he keeps gain strenght n awake time n then maybe sum solid food too...thanks guys ..n nevar doubt the power of a few bruthas prayers mayun..i could tell so many stories..youed all have headaches deciferun my babble paps
Posted on: 2009/1/30 1:47

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Great news, man - continued mojo for his recovery!
Posted on: 2009/1/30 1:56

biggrizzly Re: personal ?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Hope everything works out ok!
Posted on: 2009/1/30 3:32

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

That's good news Pappy! Keep the faith, he'll have that nurses phone number before you know it.
Posted on: 2009/1/30 6:06

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

thats wud im hopin too fellas thanks
Posted on: 2009/1/30 13:59

happydad Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
northern Ill
151 Posts

He'll be chaseing that nurse around the bed before you know it...Great News
Posted on: 2009/1/31 11:16
86 Coupe,350 bored .040 over,Eagle Internals,Scorp RR.Crane Cam,Hedman Hedders,Holley Mani,TCI Trans,3:73 Rear, Demon Carb ,Hole in the hood Scooped and Lots of leaks(Horsepower) I forget :thumbleft:

crash Re: personal ?
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

good luck and lots of mojo for paps pappy. prayers and thoughts are with you and him bro.
Posted on: 2009/1/31 13:09

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

hey fellas my ol pappys still hangin tuff,,well hes sure tryun anyways,,prolly right after last here he had to have a trake,,it was to stop any infections,,,nawt really any other reason..hes been updated from icu to a ventilator room where they try n ween him from iron lung..also has been alert so we had him sign sum checks,,so thats wud we did with house fer now..fuggan drs wont let us do power of att. they say he needs to be better befoe they agree (i see there end too) fer now hes recovering n when is realeased to resthome fer more recovery they will do the power of attorney..as fer transferin home ,,,the new laws got that coverd has ta have been done 5 yrs prior,,so fer now hes on the mend...oh n i gots me a new valve cover emblem,,snos meltun fast last couple daze...know dang well ain over by no means ,,but 38s been a heat wave to the frigid cheeyut we ve had,,,hey guys thanks mayun...i did read thru alot of stuff,,n kin ony say this is a great group a rednecks
Posted on: 2009/2/10 1:39

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good to hear he's continuing to get better, Pappy! Yeah, it's been a treat to not get slapped in the face with bitter cold the past few days - hope it lasts for a while.
Posted on: 2009/2/10 1:48

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Glad to hear the good news Pappy, did he ever get that nurses number??
Posted on: 2009/2/10 2:08

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well fellas the ol boy got up n walked a lil the last couple daze(uses walker n is feeble) but hey hes been bed ridon fer awmost two months...had trake thing coverd so talked a lil..n today he ate a couple bites of solid food..great wkend fer my family..
Posted on: 2009/2/16 2:25

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

Alright! I'm happy for ya Pappy.
Posted on: 2009/2/16 3:28

C4DERF Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

pappy That is very good news and your ppies progress sounds to be on track and on time. My daughter might have to have another trachea tube installed when they go in to remove a 40% blockage due to scar tissue from her stay in the hospital from 26 Oct to 30 Dec 08. keep encouraging him to run the Nurses down the hallway....soon he won't be needing the walker for that exercise run. Keep us posted to the progress and best wishes and or prayers to you and the family, of course for your dad also>
Posted on: 2009/2/16 3:33

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well fellas we lost him... did git him home,,but were to die,,,he was home one day n stayed awake n saw all kids etc..i fed him some good meals (he prolly ony ate to make me feel good) my brutha that lived wid him n myself slept at each side of his bed n watched him all night,,,he kept breathin n alls seemed fine,,,cept he wouldnt wake... a few hrs later we held his hands n he drew last breaths copd won,,he was 84,,this werld lost a great dude people witty n could fix anythin..thanks fer the prayers n support..last is a tid bit of tech,,make sure yer agin ones are payun there bills n ins. policies er let em git mad n do it for them..dad aways said hes good etc..did stop forecloser but findin lapsed ins etc... one bummed paps
Posted on: 2009/3/7 2:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Godspeed to your dad, and prayers and mojo for you and yours, Pappy - really sorry for your loss. You're lucky to have been there at the end - many of us have not been so fortunate.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 2:29

vetteblondie Re: personal ?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4648 Posts

Just saw this, hope you have good news on the way, you are in my prayers...
Posted on: 2009/3/7 2:37

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: personal ?
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Sorry for your loss pappy. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Mike and Ellen.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 3:21

captmike13@yahoo.com

Matatk Re: personal ?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Sorry for the loss, Pappy. It's tough to have that happen, but 84 is a good life, and remember the positive times. Best wishes to your family.

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/3/7 12:15

bobges Re: personal ?
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

Sorry for your loss
Posted on: 2009/3/7 15:18

Guru
Streator, IL.
264 Posts

I'm truly sorry Pappy. I know how the feeling is when you find they didn't keep up their insurance, been there, done that, still have the scars to prove it.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 15:40

bogus Re: personal ?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

So sad, Pappy. But he is better off. No more suffering. It sounds like he had a good life. Keep the memories alive... that's his legacy.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 18:33

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

crash Re: personal ?
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

hello pappy. as brad prayers and mojo for your dad. i went through this with my father 5 yrs ago but lost him. but as he said he had a good life-wife and 10 kids. he was 88yrs young. fred hows nicole doing. hope shes on road to mending. rose and i have been praying for her also.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 22:15

Trae1976 Re: personal ?
2012 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Johnson City, TN
832 Posts

Sorry for your loss, pappy.
Posted on: 2009/3/7 22:31

kelley Re: personal ?
Guru Newb
thomasville ga
122 Posts

sorry for your loss, ,things will get easier
Posted on: 2009/3/7 23:47

Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well fellas a great dude has been planted today,,,learnt alot from him but lots i still could learnt,,,wasnt in the cards..now let our pryers go to c4derf daughter heyhuh,,,n thanks fellas it helped mo then ya know..pappy
Posted on: 2009/3/10 0:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.