Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
240 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  LT1
Engine used from 1992-1996 (in 1996, automatic equipped only)....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

Matatk Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Well my sinuses were working me over last night. I was up every half hour at least because I couldn't breath through my nose, and after a while my sinuses would drain and I'd wake up hacking and coughing. Finally around 2 am I took a tylenol cold and sinus pill that seemed to help. A neti pot treatment this morning but still not cured. I'm a bit tired so I hope the day goes smoothly.

Still trying to collect the last few parts for my build. I need to pick up my injectors and get all my info forwarded to Mick for my chip burn. After that I still have a little cleaning and install work left. I've told myself I'd like to have it all done in two weeks. I hope that's realistic.

Weather forecast is a little chilly today, with some more rain later this week, but then it's pushing towards the 80s. Summer is finally coming.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/18 11:27

Vetron87 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Another beautiful day in the hood! Students are dragging in this morning! Wow
they look like crap!! Ahhh!!! seniors with attitudes!! An academic teacher just left my room in a little hissy fit because we wouldn't built her a small table! I asked her, what part of end of year closed shop mean to her!! Damn teachers want all kinds of stuff built for free. This is the teacher that called Vietnam Vets baby killers in front of her class. That went over like a turd in the punch bowl!!! She was not thinking that there are 14 of us that served in SouthEastAsia on our teaching staff. Notre Dame Grad. with Honors of course. Opps Ranting!!
Have a great day GURU's
Posted on: 2010/5/18 11:52

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Good lawd, I can only imagine you'd be bending over backwards to do that moron teacher a favor - LMAO!

Gorgeous day here, should be about 78 and sunny by tee-time. Driving the Vette with the top off even makes the commute enjoyable.

Have a good one!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:17

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Epimax Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Howdy!

Nice day today! Sun has been absent for way too long..
Getting ready to move again in June, but I'm not complaining..
We're moving out to the country, and may wind up buying the place... We'll see... Almost 10 acres...Log cabin with lots of room....beautiful country..private, serene...I can't wait!!
We've been living in town, at a major intersection, and the noise, etc has just about turned me into that character from "The Shining"... not yet, but almost!

Y'all have a great day!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:26

TommyT-Bone Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This is the teacher that called Vietnam Vets baby killers in front of her class. That went over like a turd in the punch bowl!!! She was not thinking that there are 14 of us that served in SouthEastAsia on our teaching staff. Notre Dame Grad. with Honors of course. Opps Ranting!!
Have a great day GURU's

You should have lent her an ear .... or a nose ...

Hey, look me over, lend me an ear .....

Sorry ............................................

Off to see the Doc this AM. I don't know why I get whitecoat but I do. Getting ready for my quiz. Are you still smoking? Are you drinking soda? Are you exercising?

Redo your bloodwork. See you in 6 months.

I'm driving the 91 today. Go stretch it's legs a little. I have to check on the 90 (paint), check on my boat seats,(recover) and get the dogs their shots and tags. That'll be enough for today. Have a beautiful day.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:32

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
This is the teacher that called Vietnam Vets baby killers in front of her class. That went over like a turd in the punch bowl!!! She was not thinking that there are 14 of us that served in SouthEastAsia on our teaching staff. Notre Dame Grad. with Honors of course. Opps Ranting!!
Have a great day GURU's

You should have lent her an ear .... or a nose ...

Hey, look me over, lend me an ear .....

Sorry ............................................

Off to see the Doc this AM. I don't know why I get whitecoat but I do. Getting ready for my quiz. Are you still smoking? Are you drinking soda? Are you exercising?

Redo your bloodwork. See you in 6 months.

I'm driving the 91 today. Go stretch it's legs a little. I have to check on the 90 (paint), check on my boat seats,(recover) and get the dogs their shots and tags. That'll be enough for today. Have a beautiful day.

How about head on a fricking stick!!!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:35

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Another beautiful day in the hood! Students are dragging in this morning! Wow
they look like crap!! Ahhh!!! seniors with attitudes!! An academic teacher just left my room in a little hissy fit because we wouldn't built her a small table! I asked her, what part of end of year closed shop mean to her!! Damn teachers want all kinds of stuff built for free. This is the teacher that called Vietnam Vets baby killers in front of her class. That went over like a turd in the punch bowl!!! She was not thinking that there are 14 of us that served in SouthEastAsia on our teaching staff. Notre Dame Grad. with Honors of course. Opps Ranting!!
Have a great day GURU's

Ranting again!! This teacher announced to the faculty that her boy friend does drag.. I kept asking about his ET's and his car. She looked confused, how fricking more simple could I have made the question!!! Must be my hearing and the constant noise in the Wood Shop!! Got it now!!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:57

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Maybe he's a drag queen :-P
Posted on: 2010/5/18 13:06

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Maybe he's a drag queen :-P

Yea thats what she meant!! I guess in my Y chromosome contains pizza, cars, girls,girls, cars, engines, girls, pizza ,beer, farting, cars, pizza,beer.

His y chromosome must be dramatic! Hey whatever floats your boat.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 13:11

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Hahahaha!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 13:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Posted on: 2010/5/18 13:50

PeteK Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Good morning peeps.
Heading out the door for some travel.
NE Pa to Newark, NJ then to Houston, TX and finally Alexandria, Louisiana about 11pm this evening.
Wish me luck.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 14:05

Fluff Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Crikey Vetron, good job it was only a small table... you might have been a tad upset if she'd asked for a Roll Top Bureau! lol

Another brilliant day here. I've just finished sorting out my Chrysler (removing things that could go missing) so it's ready for transporting to the transmission shop.

My day seems to be over by the time you guys get started and now I'm beginning to think about tea ad then taking the dogs for an evening walk.

Hope everyone had/has a good-un and better luck with a good nights sleep tonight Matt, also hope the Doc visit goes well Tommy... I can hear all those questions (and see the looks that come back to the answers) from personal experience... I get it all from my quack because of being diabetic.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 14:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Tommy, if you switch to e-cigs, you can probably vape in the doctor's office:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/foru ... r-says-go-ahead-vape.html
Posted on: 2010/5/18 15:39

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Hey guys! Must be Tuesday....the idiots are rampant. I get the "can you build me a ...... (fill in the blank)" all the time. Usually I say, "Sure I'll put your name on my list and when I get time I'll get with you to figure out how much it will cost." I don't work for nothing and the kids usually keep busy on their own projects.

Cloudy and dreary here today with a chance of rain off and on for the next three days. My sinuses have been draining the last few days too, I may have to break out the neti-pot myself.

Tommy, I probably should go to the dr. myself, but I really don't like being talked to like a kid, mainly because I know they're right....
Posted on: 2010/5/18 15:57

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

captmike13 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

Good afternoon gurus. The wife got some good news this morning, She has a phone interview for a position she applied for here in the Ft Wayne area. Rainy here and cool and looks like that will be the trend for the rest of the week.
Have a good guru day.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 15:59

captmike13@yahoo.com

Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Hey guys! Must be Tuesday....the idiots are rampant. I get the "can you build me a ...... (fill in the blank)" all the time. Usually I say, "Sure I'll put your name on my list and when I get time I'll get with you to figure out how much it will cost." I don't work for nothing and the kids usually keep busy on their own projects.

Cloudy and dreary here today with a chance of rain off and on for the next three days. My sinuses have been draining the last few days too, I may have to break out the neti-pot myself.

Tommy, I probably should go to the dr. myself, but I really don't like being talked to like a kid, mainly because I know they're right....

Teebee: I usually tell teachers that want me to build something for them"in your dreams". or as soon as get done teaching I'll stay here til midnight and do it!! Oh by the way I charge$100.00/hr plus materials. That will shutum up!! Or they try to be sneeky and have a student built them a cabinet and I e-mail them the cost.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 16:11

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Greetings, Gurus!

It's been a busier morning than I had expected - phone calls, calendaring, etc., but it's all good - it means work is coming my way. =)

Tommy - I see the whitecoats all the time. I've gotten rather used to them. And I just adore my pulmonologist - she has the best laugh HAHAHA (how you read that is what her laugh sounds like!). Today I'm off to see the vampires for a blood draw, then to the pharmacy for more drugs.

In Ikea's AS-IS section, they had this massive cart full of random wood furniture bits for 10 bucks. We couldn't pass it up, with grand ideas of creating things. Yeah, that hasn't gone so well. We've used a few pieces for random things, but mostly they're still stacked in the garage.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:26

bastet44 Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Word of the Day for Tuesday, May 18, 2010

tipple
\TIP-uhl\

verb:
1. To drink intoxicating liquor, esp. habitually or to some excess.
2. To drink (intoxicating liquor), esp. repeatedly, in small quantities.

noun:
1. Intoxicating liquor.
2. A device that tilts or overturns a freight car to dump its contents.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:27

1Fast04Vert Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

tipple
\TIP-uhl\

verb:

noun:
1. Intoxicating liquor.

So I could tipple some tipple until I tipple over?
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:39

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:

Alright. This is an order. All you sluffers out there get on the phone pronto and make an appointment for your annual check up. Colonoscopies done? Bloodwork? Urinalysis? Chest x-rays? Prostate exam? Mammogram for you ladies? The rest of you, turn your head and cough. How about that dentist appointment you've been putting off? If your having trouble seeing an eye exam might be beneficial. There is peace of mind knowing that statistically your OK. You still might die tomorrow but at least your numbers will be good. I stay away from the shrinks though. They're crazier than I am.

Tom, my doctors are great. No kid stuff. Straight shooters, both of them, my primary and my cardiologist. My wifes gasto doctor is wack. I told him I'd like to keep her (my wife) around for awhile and he said to me, How much time should I give her 5, 10, 20 years? It makes it easier to go if you like your Dr. I went to a back doctor years ago that was a complete ass but he knew his stuff. He didn't treat you like a kid though. He treated you like a moron. 6 weeks of PT he assigned and I felt much better.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:40

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

bastet44 wrote:

tipple
\TIP-uhl\

verb:

noun:
1. Intoxicating liquor.

She liked to sipple a tipple of Ripple while I played with her ........ guitar.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:51

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I've been to see a doctor once in the last 13 years. We had a good doctor years ago, but she got fed up with the system and went into research. Half of 'em just want to write a prescription and move on to the next number.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:51

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
I've been to see a doctor once in the last 13 years. We had a good doctor years ago, but she got fed up with the system and went into research. Half of 'em just want to write a prescription and move on to the next number.

Time to go look for some in the other half then. There is a reason they call it preventive medicine.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:56

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Alright. This is an order. All you sluffers out there get on the phone pronto and make an appointment for your annual check up.

I did that.
My bartender said I looked great.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:10

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

That's the latest scam. Many plans cover an annual check-up. So while you're in there, they ask, "Sooooooo, is anything bothering you?" And if you tell them your elbow hurts, son of a gun, it's no longer preventative medicine, and they can collect an office visit fee.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:15

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Alright. This is an order. All you sluffers out there get on the phone pronto and make an appointment for your annual check up.

I did that.

Sounds like your good till your eyes start yellowing.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:20

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
That's the latest scam. Many plans cover an annual check-up. So while you're in there, they ask, "Sooooooo, is anything bothering you?" And if you tell them your elbow hurts, son of a gun, it's no longer preventative medicine, and they can collect an office visit fee.

It's a crapshoot. It's all good till you roll snake eyes. For men especially, they wait till they have symptoms. Sometimes that's a little late.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:23

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I did that.

Humm, 2 beers a day and I haven't had a cold in 25 years.......

I do get annual checkups, have to for my racing license.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I did that.

Humm, 2 beers a day and I haven't had a cold in 25 years.......

I do get annual checkups, have to for my racing license.

2 beers is the RDA. Good job Bill.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:28

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Yes, I would guess that men are more guilty of that. But it doesn't guarantee you're going to get good care in any event. I went to the E.R. one time and told them I though I was getting pneumonia. They checked me for strep throat and sent me home, told me to have chicken soup. Two days later I was in the hospital with pneumonia and septicemia, and they said if I had waited one more day, I'd have been dead.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:30

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

2 beers is the RDA. Good job Bill.

If I'm feeling really naughty, I might have 3 but that's unusual.
I have a bottle of Vodka on top of the fridge that's been there 5 years, had one bloody mary 5 Christmas's ago.

I can't affort good wine so, I don't drink wine.

Sodas - one a day.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

It's been thundering and lightning outside for the past 30 minutes or so. I have 2 dogs nestled between me and my PC. LOL. Scaredy cats I guess.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:34

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

I have a bottle of Vodka on top of the fridge that's been there 5 years, had one bloody mary 5 Christmas's ago.

Saving it for the friends and relatives for their visit, eh?
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:37

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

BillH wrote:

Saving it for the friends and relatives for their visit, eh?

Ha, no desire.

I had my fill when I was on an expense account and when we had business meetings.
We were really, really bad. We once were told by the manager of a resort in Santa Barbara that we drank them out of beer in one night, he said nobody's ever done that.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 18:41

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

...... my doctors are great. No kid stuff. Straight shooters, both of them,

Mine too, he keeps telling me not to go to undue expense by buying ‘long life milk’!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 19:09

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Quote:

Fluff wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Mine too, he keeps telling me not to go to undue expense by buying ‘long life milk’!

Har!
Posted on: 2010/5/18 20:00

Senior Guru
247 Posts

Quote:

pianoguy wrote:
Quote:

Fluff wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Har!

Har! maybe, but that’s what he actually say’s, usually preceded by ‘your still alive then!’, but apart from this sarcastic g!t, I find the Spanish medical system to be great, unlike many of their other services.

Has the US system changed with Obama's regime?
Posted on: 2010/5/18 21:26

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 05.18.10
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

David - that sounds awesome....I'm jealous. I would love a place in the country.

Mike - here's mojo for your wife!

Tommy - are you sure you should be seeing the family dr and not the shrink Hope it goes well.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/19 0:25

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Tommy - are you sure you should be seeing the family dr and not the shrink Hope it goes well.
Matthew

If you've never been, you should try it. I'm tellin ya, those mutherf*(%ers are crazy as all get out. If you've never been a visitor to the Happy House you're missing the opportunity of a lifetime. Those that have gone in as patients probably don't remember much of it.

Attach file:

jpg  Dance Time.jpg (118.95 KB)
852_4bf33b63a9193.jpg 400X565 px
Posted on: 2010/5/19 1:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.