Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
303 user(s) are online (264 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  RPO
Regular Production Order. These are the codes that GM uses to identify options.

For example, LT1 is the RPO for the engine used from 1992-1996.
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

leadfoot88 Wrecked C4 value?
Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Hey guys,

The new guy already got himself in a bad spot. With less than 3k miles behind the wheel of my fist c4 vette, I had an accident yesterday.

I was traveling about 50 mph in 6th gear actually being very careful in the rain since I am running competition tires on the car. The car hydroplaned just slightly, enough for the traction control to kick in and that was all she wrote.

Thankfully nobody was around so it was only me involved in the accident. It breaks my heart because this car was so nice. It has just hit 100k miles but was tight as a new car and everything worked flawlessly. In the short time I owned, it I really loved it.

Anyways, I only have liability insurance on the car so I am going to sell it for parts or for a project if someone wants to fix it up.

However, I have no clue what it is worth. The drive-line and suspension are all 100% it is only cosmetic damage. I just had the new seats put in the car and everything!

Whats it worth?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Posted on: 2013/2/11 14:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

bogus Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that sucks... but fix it. I am dead serious.

And this is also a lesson to folks - never EVER put only liability insurance on a car with real asset value. If this was a beater 76 Dodge Aspen, sure... but this?

Case in point... 3 weeks back, I was rearended in our old Beater Jeep. A 170k mile 1993 Cherokee. We bought that, cash 6 years ago, for $1700! The insurance company gave us $3400 for it. That's my point. The other guy had some coverage and Farmers (his ins co) took care of it.

If this was a 2nd vehicle, insure it as such with limited miles... but this is an object lesson in why good insurance is worth it. Also, if you decide to fix, consider one of the collector insurance programs; even the NCM has one!

here is the score. If you part if out, this is where you about would be:

Engine - $2000
Trans - $1000
Rear - $2000
Interior looks good - $1000
FX3 bits - $500 if they all work

If you sell it as is? Forget it, $3500, tops. I agree that the damage is cosmetic. It was obviously low speed when the front was hit - no airbag deployment.

Here is the deal... you can fix it for that $4000. Get parts carefully, replacing fenders and such isn't hard on these things and find a good shop to shoot paint. Used rear bumper, new rear fender, used tail and backup lights, (maybe only one). I would call Vette2Vette.com and ask about parts cost before you decide to total it. Either Corvette Fever or Vette mag did a good write up on how to cut off and rehang a quarter panel on a C4. It isn't that hard, just takes a couple of hours of careful cutting and your there.

The front looks like a lot of simply popped bolts... remove it, fix any broken tabs and put back together.

Back to the insurance... you are going to lose a serious bit of coin here... I hate to rub that in, but it is the truth.

This is why I suggest fixing it, then without revealing the accident, simply state - new paint - to the list of everything else done (I would never recommend this on a metal car, the structural damage would be too obvious and, well, serious), put an agreed value policy on the car.

Finally, if you decide to fix, you may want to remove this post at some point... just say'n... I am not suggesting insurance fraud, you can always reveal the damage to a future seller, but I am saying, don't open up to additional discussion that isn't needed.

And get a set of road tires!

Posted on: 2013/2/11 15:13

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

pianoguy Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Man, what a shame - so sorry to hear!
Posted on: 2013/2/11 15:15

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

leadfoot88 Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Yea it is very unfortunate.

I wish I had the time or the space to fix it because it is such a good car and I really like it.

I obviously agree about insurance. I ALWAYS have full coverage on all my cars but I bought this one to fix up a few things. I put new wheel bearing (SKF HUBS) all the way around it. It came with the competition tires and I ordered new tires for the gs wheels. The front two came in and the black should be here next week. I got the new tires put on up front Saturday morning. And I got caught out in the rain Sunday afternoon. Because of the tires I don't drive the car in the rain ever! I was just trying to make it home.

Back to the insurance, since I have another car I didn't plan on driving the car much this winter and planned for it to basically sit in my garage. I was going to get full coverage for it when I started driving but didn' make it that far...

I was hoping for $4-5K out of it since it is in such good shape but I was afraid $3k was where I was going to end up. I could fix it and keep it, but I would have wayyy too much tied up in it. I think the car is twisted up and the body shop just gave me a quote of $10k for repairs. That is new body parts from GM then prepped and painted. Buying used bumpers and stuff could fix it up but just too much of project for me. Hopeflly I will find someone who has the time to spend on it in order to bring it back to the car it was.

RIP little red corvette!
Posted on: 2013/2/11 15:45

BillH Re: Wrecked C4 value?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The first thing I do every time I start the car is turn thr traction control off.....C4 traction control is absolutely crap.

Sorry for your loss, good luck.
Posted on: 2013/2/11 16:12

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The frame is bent on that impact? I have me doubts.

crawl under there... you never hit suspension... what you are looking for is damage to the under carriage where the frame and floor panels glue up.

Another option is to find a bad 93/94/95 with poor interior and mechanicals and start the swap over. They exist...

Posted on: 2013/2/11 16:46

Ultraman Re: Wrecked C4 value?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Nuts...glad you are ok....Leadfoot...hmmmmm....were you speeding....just asking..

Welllll...lots of lessons learned the hard way just as all of us have learned. I had a nice 79 coupe one time and took off the insurance because we were not going to drive it in the winter.....Yeah the damn shop burned down and took the car with it...I ate that one.

I would try to sell it to a body guy or tech guy who can spend his own time and get it fixed the way he wants it. You might get 4K in the right place....
Posted on: 2013/2/11 17:28

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

BrianCunningham Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

OUCH!
Sorry to see that.
If it helps the last part of the frame is an aluminum structure that unbolts from the rest of the frame.
Posted on: 2013/2/11 18:37

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

OK so a quick update. I called the body shop to have them confirm the frame was bent and he said they have not put it on the jig yet. So they know the "cage" in the back is bent a little but they said for a couple of hundred bucks they can bend that back out.

I know these guys pretty well and he said if I can find used parts then I could get this thing fixed up fairly easily.

So I hit the internet and already bought a rear-end assembly with lights for $300. The fiberclass cover is over $1,000 from GM so it looks like I might be able to save this car. I just don't want to have 15k tied up in a 9k car. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul now.

Maybe I will start a thread about this project. Thanks for the help!
Posted on: 2013/2/11 18:55

pianoguy Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Great - best of luck getting her back together!
Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:02

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

leadfoot88 wrote:
OK so a quick update. I called the body shop to have them confirm the frame was bent and he said they have not put it on the jig yet. So they know the "cage" in the back is bent a little but they said for a couple of hundred bucks they can bend that back out.

I know these guys pretty well and he said if I can find used parts then I could get this thing fixed up fairly easily.

So I hit the internet and already bought a rear-end assembly with lights for $300. The fiberclass cover is over $1,000 from GM so it looks like I might be able to save this car. I just don't want to have 15k tied up in a 9k car. Looks like I'm in it for the long haul now.

Maybe I will start a thread about this project. Thanks for the help!

AGREED VALUE INSURANCE!!!! $15k of insurance is no more pricey than insuring any other $15k car, really.

This car is showing signs of holding value. I am right now appraising a 92 with 49k miles for a friend, and all the numbers point at $13k for it.

With that said, this is worth at least $10k, as it sat (pre accident.

The rear most portion of the rails are not that hard to straighten, so that's not a worry. Just reglue when done.

Check Ecklers for the fender.

The rear end for $300 is a GREAT deal!!! That's one big part out of the way.

Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:12

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

oh, do this...

http://www.metraonline.com/part/Aftermarket_Antenna_44-UA42

instead of replacing the crappy electric antenna!!

This is my plan...
Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:24

rklessdriver Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

I think the SMC body repair of that quarter pannel will be the biggest/hardest part to fix.

Personally I'd find someone parting a C4 out and get them to cut a "repair pannel" off and have the body shop graft it on yours.... SMC cuts really clean with a saber or jig saw using fine tooth blade.

The rear "frame" has an alum subframe/bumper support in that area that just bolts on... That might be the "cage" they are talking about... if that is what's bent, just unbolt it and install another one for someone parting a C4 out.

I have a friend right down the road from me in Sterling, VA that parts out C4's... He has 3 of them for parts right now... He is priced fair and is good guy to deal with. If you need used parts, I'll be happy to give you his contact info.
Will
Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:25

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

and I love the change of heart!!! I hope the frame results are as good as predicted!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/11 19:25

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
I think the SMC body repair of that quarter pannel will be the biggest/hardest part to fix.

Personally I'd find someone parting a C4 out and get them to cut a "repair pannel" off and have the body shop graft it on yours.... SMC cuts really clean with a saber or jig saw using fine tooth blade.

The rear "frame" has an alum subframe/bumper support in that area that just bolts on... That might be the "cage" they are talking about... if that is what's bent, just unbolt it and install another one for someone parting a C4 out.

I have a friend right down the road from me in Sterling, VA that parts out C4's... He has 3 of them for parts right now... He is priced fair and is good guy to deal with. If you need used parts, I'll be happy to give you his contact info.
Will

I would love his information. Please pm it to me or e-mail me at tyler@wilcoxtravel.com
Posted on: 2013/2/11 20:19

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

awesome info Will!

This is just great... from one dead Vette to one recovering Vette, all in the matter of 6 hours!

A little encouragement, some part sources... damn...

As Will said, SMC is good to work with. For those interested, Eastwood sells the necessary glues required to work with the material. SMC has a built in release agent, that means regular glues simply won't stick. The glue must have a catalyst that negates the release agent.

the normal cut point for the quarter is under the gas cap door, under the rear glass seal area, under the halo and inside the door jam.

If you can get a half panel and fix only what is broken, more power to ya. Much less cutting.

I would consider a "V" at the seam, so you can fill with some fibreglass material to strengthen the seam. Also, back it with something to give the seam some substance.

Finally, let the glues and fillers off gas. I would leave them for 3-4 days, at least, in a warm-ish garage. Over 65F should do it. the materials will cure better, and the off-gassing will cut down on paint bubbling later.
Posted on: 2013/2/11 20:28

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

The release agent in SMC is just like the release agent in regular fiberglass. That's why you can buy laminating resin and finishing resin depending on what you are building. And you do need to get beneath the release agent on regular glass.You remove the release agent by grinding it away. If you put regulsr polyester resin soaked glass cloth on top of a C2-3 fender, it will eventually fall off,

SMC does need different resin.

The best way to attach part of a fender would be to use a bonding strip at the cut applied with Panel Bonding Adhesive and have the edged V ground back 1 inch min. then fill in with glass and SMC resin.
There are also epoxy repair kits that can be used with fiberglass mat.

If you're really good, you won't use any body puddy just glazing puddy to cover small scratches.

BTW don't use any degreaser or prep wipe on the repair area, compressed air only.

Attach file:

jpg  FGE-864.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2013/2/11 20:48
Edited by BillH on 2013/2/11 22:06:34
Edited by BillH on 2013/2/11 22:08:09

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Quote:

leadfoot88 wrote:
I would love his information. Please pm it to me or e-mail me at tyler@wilcoxtravel.com

I sent him a msg on another forum, letting him know whats up and that I need his info again...

It's been a little while... actually a long while since I tore up anything up on my 92 and needed to buy parts... At any rate I don't have his info on my new phone...

Dan is a good guy and he will get back to me ASAP. I'll PM you his contact info as soon as he gets back to me.
Will
Posted on: 2013/2/11 21:12

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

PM Sent with Dan's number.

I hope you can get it fixed.
Will
Posted on: 2013/2/11 23:59

Matatk Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully you are ok, that's the most important thing!!!

As far as parts values, you would never get those prices around here.

500 - 1000 for a complete motor, more if you have the whole engine harness and ecm included
400 (maybe) for the trans with 100k
800-900 for a D44 rear end (slightly more hub to hub)
1000 for full interior

I think you are doing the right thing fixing it. Take your time and slowly build up the parts (unless this is your DD?).

Keep us posted on the progress!

Matthew
Posted on: 2013/2/12 1:40

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

The numbers I posted are what most salvage yards are getting for those parts... Put the word "Corvette" in front of them, and you can watch the numbers rise.

Posted on: 2013/2/12 6:14

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I agree, Andy, salvage yards charge whatever they want...better indicators are CL, ebay, f/s section, etc.
Posted on: 2013/2/12 12:35

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

No question...

However, I am more into the good vibe that Tyler has generated here! The encouragement that the car is savable and can be done for a reasonable price!
Posted on: 2013/2/12 16:33

SpectatorRacing Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

could I see some photos of the front bumper skin? I need one and if yours isn't bad but bad enough that you don't want to keep it, I might buy it from you.

I have lots of parts. I have the front bumper impact foam, I think I sold the structure though. If you start assembling a list of stuff I might have some freebies for ya. Sadly no body panels, though, and that's what you need most.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 2:43

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Still waiting on the body shop to let me know about the frame condition...

Since I have been waiting, I was able to source most of the parts I need to repair. Thanks to Will and his contact just a few hours north of me in Virginia I have everything I need for the rear for under $600!

The front is just cracked in a few small places and for now I plan on repairing it the best I can. The hood is going to be the expensive piece. I decided if the stock one can't be repaired I am going to splurge on a lightweight racing hood. I found what looks to be a very nice one that only weighs 22lbs.

Is Performance AFX a vendor here? I don't want to post the hood information if they are not.

Keep your fingers crossed, I talked to the body shop and I will know today if I fix it or part it.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 14:16

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
could I see some photos of the front bumper skin? I need one and if yours isn't bad but bad enough that you don't want to keep it, I might buy it from you.

I have lots of parts. I have the front bumper impact foam, I think I sold the structure though. If you start assembling a list of stuff I might have some freebies for ya. Sadly no body panels, though, and that's what you need most.

Those two pictures up top are the only ones I have.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 14:17

SpectatorRacing Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Sounds like you're keeping the bumper anyway. Glad to hear things are looking up!
Posted on: 2013/2/13 16:08

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

what kind of damage has been done to the hood?

It can take a few edge hits, but real cracks will kill it.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 16:22

1Fast04Vert Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Elite Guru
The hills of N. Georgia
2424 Posts

Quote:

leadfoot88 wrote:

The front is just cracked in a few small places and for now I plan on repairing it the best I can. The hood is going to be the expensive piece. I decided if the stock one can't be repaired I am going to splurge on a lightweight racing hood.

Keep your fingers crossed, I talked to the body shop and I will know today if I fix it or part it.

I rather doubt you will be happy with a racing hood. In fact the ones I have seen did not even have placement for the headlights. Check out the Toledo Pro hoods with the 2 3/4 inch rise. They are really good looking.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 16:29

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

It is almost impossible to see the damage from this photo I have circled the damaged areas.

Top passenger side is chipped where the hood was pushed into the door.

Drivers side is chipped where it was pushed into the door.

It is not aligned to the lower quarter panel and if I remember correctly there is a small crack somewhere up there.

Nothing I can't drive the car with. Just something that I will have to have fixed. Hopefully the hood is repairable.

While on the subject what do you guys think of the black decal on the hood. It was put on by the previous owner and I cant decide if I like it. It's not too bad but when you are standing right beside the car you can see its a sticker and I think that is tacky personally.

Photobucket
Posted on: 2013/2/13 16:45

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I would lose the sticker... looks rather 1980s to me. The fade is long dead.

As for the hood... it might be fixable. The edges are not bad, and if it's going to be damaged, the area where it was hit is best, not as structurally important.

the problem is if it had a huge chunk taken out, or, was damaged inside the hood frame, where the structural integrity issue comes into play.
Posted on: 2013/2/13 17:17

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Finally got the green light. The frame is safe and I'm leaving in the morning for South Carolina to pick up a rear bumper assembly.

Wish me luck!
Posted on: 2013/2/14 20:58

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Good luck and safe travels!!! You will be back on the road in no time!!!

Posted on: 2013/2/14 21:07

Aboatguy Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

I remember someone having the entire rear (fender assembly) for sale NOS in a box on CF a few years ago.... bluewasp?
Posted on: 2013/2/15 1:22

Aboatguy Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

found it dang it was sold... I've bonded some panels on C4s and its pretty simple almost like caulking (special gun mixes the bonding agent

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-pa ... sembly-quarter-panel.html

Posting so folks can see how the rear looks off of the car.
Posted on: 2013/2/15 1:24

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Anybody have link or any idea where I can get instructions on how to cut and rehang the rear quarter pannels?

The body shop wants an arm and a leg to do it and understandaly so, it appears it is going to be quite a job. I am going to take the car home and make my garage into a body shop for the time being and use this opportunity to learn how to fix this car.

I have already got the rear bumper, aluminum subframe and all the lights/reflectors. So far I have only spent $320.

I am going do Daytona this weekend to watch the 500 and pick up left and right quarter panels that are still attached to each other. That will be another $300 in parts and I will have everything I need to fix the rearend.

Thanks for the help!
Posted on: 2013/2/21 20:14

Ultraman Re: Wrecked C4 value?
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

Have fun at the race.....uh...go Danica....
Posted on: 2013/2/21 20:19

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

leadfoot88 wrote:
Anybody have link or any idea where I can get instructions on how to cut and rehang the rear quarter pannels?

The body shop wants an arm and a leg to do it and understandaly so, it appears it is going to be quite a job. I am going to take the car home and make my garage into a body shop for the time being and use this opportunity to learn how to fix this car.

I have already got the rear bumper, aluminum subframe and all the lights/reflectors. So far I have only spent $320.

I am going do Daytona this weekend to watch the 500 and pick up left and right quarter panels that are still attached to each other. That will be another $300 in parts and I will have everything I need to fix the rearend.

Thanks for the help!

Do a search over at either Corvette Fever's site or the old Vette magazine site... one of them... they did a rather good write up on this 3-4 years ago.

I did... and can't find it... damn...

Then again, the tips left by Bill above are very good... it's not hard... cut and paste, really. No welding, just line it up well.
Posted on: 2013/2/21 21:26

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Need pics.
Show where you want to cut on the car with Masking tape and a pic of the parts you want to install.
Posted on: 2013/2/22 0:16

Eagle223usa Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

I'm glad to see you are going to fix it. It would be a shame to see a six speed car scrapped!
Posted on: 2013/3/5 20:05

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Any updates

I'm with Eagle, too! Way too nice a ride to scrap!!!
Posted on: 2013/3/6 21:57

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

Guys,

I had someone offer to buy the car for very close to what I had in it. The buyer is going to fix it and he works at a body shop so they will take their time and restore it to its former glory.

If I was not in the process of buying my first house and had a place to work on it where I would not be rushed it would have been a different story.

I sold him the bumper cover and subframe along with the two new quarter panels I went to pick up in Daytona Florida.

It was sad to see it go but I am glad it will be taken care of and also relieved I don't have to take the time to learn how to fix it.

I kept the GS wheels the front wheels have brand new Kumho xs tires on them and the back wheels still have the slicks on them. I would like to sell them so before I put up an ad on corvetteforum I thought you guys might like to have them.

PM me with an offer. You guys know what they are worth. $400 worth of tires up front with less than 10 miles on them. The rear slicks have a track day left in them.
Posted on: 2013/3/7 16:09

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

In a way, I don't blame you... I didn't know about the house thing...

Without the house, yes, doable, but house purchases are real time sucks. And money sucks.

I am glad you sold it for a good price, and WITH a good title. So it sound like as close to a win as possible!!
Posted on: 2013/3/7 16:25

Guru Newb
Asheville, NC
25 Posts

He promised to send me pictures of it when it was completed. If I ever get them I will share them with you guys.

I really enjoyed the car for the short time I had it. c4's are still great cars!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement. If he wouldn't have stumbled upon the car I would still have it and bugging you guys about how to get it back together.
Posted on: 2013/3/7 16:36

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

vetteblondie wrote:
Seriously... fix it - I was hit from behind in my C4, pushed up under the truck in front of me. Redid the car for $7400 (they didn't total it) ended up with a cool new Toledo Pro high rise hood and new Magnaflow exhaust and some other goodies out of the deal. Of course it was courtesy of someone else's insurance but still - the parts were not too bad to come by and not that expensive, either. And, if you can stand the hit on your insurance - .... welll.......do the math and see if it's worth it. And I also agree - NEVER just have liability if you can help it.

I seriously encouraged the fix, but he got an offer he couldn't refuse... and a house to buy!!!

So I really don't blame him for selling...

The future never can be predicted!!! Another Vette could be out there for him.

And your C4 was SWEET when all done!!!
Posted on: 2013/3/7 18:28

vetteblondie Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

I deleted my post... went back and read all that and realized I missed where he said someone offered to buy it. But yes, my car is still here in the same town with me and when I do see it, it's like seeing your ex with a new dood. Makes me cringe a little. I had that car nearly done. Was gonna sell it, then that wreck happened and fixed a LOT of stuff so I spent more $$ and done the balljoints, center console piece, wheels, light blackout, suspension, engine stuff and trans rebuild. When I sold it the dude bought it and has ruined it. I've seen farm trucks in better shape He put chrome wheels on it and painted some of the interior stuff red and it looks ghetto and stays nasty.
Posted on: 2013/3/7 18:38

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

VB and Andy, that conversation... Reminds me that when I bought my 92 back in 2004 it came from where I live and work now (Northern VA near Washington DC)....

Back in 2004 I was still stationed at Camp Lejeune NC.... In 2005 I got stationed up here and in 2007 when I got out of the Marine Corps I just stayed up here for the Defense Contractor work....

When I bought it the 92 was MINT. 40,000 orginal miles and owned by a retired Navy fellow that only drove it on weekends. He was espc proud of well the interior was kept.

I wonder about the guy I bought the 92 from.... If he has ever seen it around and said to himself "That's my old car... WTF has he done to the engine and exhaust? What the heck a Roll Bar!"

I did promise him I was gonna take "real good care of it."
Will
Posted on: 2013/3/7 19:25

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I think that's a good resolution. Buy your house, get settled, and when the time is right pick up another one!
Posted on: 2013/3/7 20:10

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
VB and Andy, that conversation... Reminds me that when I bought my 92 back in 2004 it came from where I live and work now (Northern VA near Washington DC)....

Back in 2004 I was still stationed at Camp Lejeune NC.... In 2005 I got stationed up here and in 2007 when I got out of the Marine Corps I just stayed up here for the Defense Contractor work....

When I bought it the 92 was MINT. 40,000 orginal miles and owned by a retired Navy fellow that only drove it on weekends. He was espc proud of well the interior was kept.

I wonder about the guy I bought the 92 from.... If he has ever seen it around and said to himself "That's my old car... WTF has he done to the engine and exhaust? What the heck a Roll Bar!"

I did promise him I was gonna take "real good care of it."
Will

I remember when you moved north from NC... I don't think you were on CF yet when you bought the car, but I could be mistaken... I do remember the move.

I bought mine from a guy in NJ, and we still communicate from time to time. It's all part of the Corvette family thing.

I told him I would take care of it and drive the wheels off of it... and I have! All 186k miles on it now!

I will have owned mine 13 years come June 29.

Posted on: 2013/3/7 21:06

vetteblondie Re: Wrecked C4 value?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4652 Posts

As some know I totaled my red Ford new year's eve day. Well, while in search of another truck I stumbled upon a salesman that seemed familiar. He turned out to be the one who sold me my black C4. We went out on a few dates - I really liked the guy - till I found out he was only 52 and had been divorced 5 times. I wasn't about to be the sixth....
I still think we need to start a separate thread of our stories of how we came to own our Corvettes... I'm sure some of us have some interesting tales to tell.
BTW, when I sold that black one last year she had 248,000 miles on it....
Posted on: 2013/3/7 22:11

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.