Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
281 user(s) are online (258 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

85L98-84L83 Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Guru Newb
113 Posts

If you have, for what and where and which catergory?
Posted on: 2009/2/7 17:29

BrianCunningham Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

autox and bracket racing
Posted on: 2009/2/7 17:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

PeteK Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

A couple of show and shine's,and drag racing.
My best trophy was from 1993. I won my class, then beat the track champ in a king of the hill run off.
It was the one and only drag race that was part of the Corvettes at Carlisle festivities. Needless to say it was vettes only. Good Times!
Posted on: 2009/2/7 19:13

j3studio Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4246 Posts

A couple of 1984-1989 class wins and a longest distance driven.

Oh, and all those blue ribbons...
Posted on: 2009/2/7 21:59

BeachBum Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Master Guru
751 Posts

I've got over 50 trophies.... all dragracing, and mostly Bracket racing with my prized trophy being a track championship in the Outlaw bracket racing series.

Also have multiple trophies from heads-up racing, back a few years ago when Carlsbad raceway was open, they used to have a Late Model Shootout Event every year that was broken into many different classes.... one being naturally aspirated street class, in which they required a DOT tire and to be driven in and no power adders. I won that 3 years in a row, just "barely" holding off some pretty quick Mustangs that were on my ass every year..... good times.

Also have multiple west coast corvette challenge event win trophies. Super Chevy show semi-finalists and a handful of Summit NHRA ET event win, place and show trophies.

Never won a Corvette show trophy....they don't give trophies for the ugliest vette.... its to bad too, I'd clean-up if they did.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 0:29

Matatk Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22803 Posts

I think I won the trophy for "least likely to wash his vette" - does that count?

Matthew
Posted on: 2009/2/8 1:05

BillH Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I've got some trophys from Corvette Clubs for doing the work, judging,etc. but none for my cars.

The largest trophy was for "Hospilality" which means I was a good bartender.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 15:33

tjpreul Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
1103 Posts

I received one for 2nd place at the Hooters corvette show last year. The judges were great.
Posted on: 2009/2/8 17:04

'92 auto, MSD, Banski, Taylor wires, SS lines, C5 rims, 3.07 gears, white gauges, seats from a '96.

Motor: Forged rotating assy, Probe pistons, CC valvetrain, AFR heads, Procharger P1SC

CentralCoaster Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Drag racing...

1 for bracket winner

and 2 for best reaction time
Posted on: 2009/2/9 3:36

Schrade Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
eastern NC / e-i-e-i-o
1909 Posts

I won a Napa hemi motor bar display/clock at the Twin Rivers CC meet in April '08 in New Bern.

I don't know what it was for. I didn't hear my name since I was outside, and only when they cross-checked by entry # did I catch it. I didn't ask either; there was 2 ZR1's there. I left right then too. Sold the thing on CF when I got back.

Here's pics of the show:
Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:04

Resized Image

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

The last pic is of the run that I lost the bracket final by 4 thousandths.

Arggh. I was the only dummy there racing a manual.

Attach file:

jpg  q1.jpg (42.53 KB)
793_4990fed0b167c.jpg 450X291 px

jpg  q043006.jpg (56.32 KB)
793_4990fee0e3e94.jpg 454X301 px

jpg  q060206.jpg (41.62 KB)
793_4990feeecd635.jpg 450X299 px

jpg  q3.jpg (42.53 KB)
793_4990ff5f48573.jpg 450X305 px
Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:21

CFI-EFI Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
The last pic is of the run that I lost the bracket final by 4 thousandths.
There must have been one hell of a turn out if they had to use 5 digit car numbers. Congrats. You can't (couldn't) beat a .500 RT.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:33

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:

There must have been one hell of a turn out if they had to use 5 digit car numbers. Congrats. You can't (couldn't) beat a .500 RT.

RACE ON!!!

The first number is your class, they did have to finally add a 4th digit after it, but the number stays with you all season. 2 = 7.5-9 second class, the guy in the Nova was in the 5-7.5s class. A tenth here or there is an eternity for a car that fast. I pulled a .503 light but ran just enough over my dial for him to sneak in. I love those races where you have no idea who won until you get the timeslip.
Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:47

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

I have a fair number of trophies from bracket racing. My favorite is from the NHRA Division 7 Bracket Finals back in 2000. They hold a ROC, Race Of Champions, where all the track champions of of all the division 7 (Cal, Nev, Ariz, NM, Ut) tracks, in each class race each other. I won that race in the Sportsman class at Sears point (now Infineon) in Sonoma, California and got my first "Wally".

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/10 16:53

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Come on... pics of car with said trophy?

How many rounds do you typically run in your brackets?

The people running the show at this last place couldn't add. It's unfortunate because I went to quite a few events I otherwise wouldn't have to ensure I racked up enough points to qualify for the season-ending track championship.
Posted on: 2009/2/10 17:02

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:
I have a fair number of trophies from bracket racing. My favorite is from the NHRA Division 7 Bracket Finals back in 2000. They hold a ROC, Race Of Champions, where all the track champions of of all the division 7 (Cal, Nev, Ariz, NM, Ut) tracks, in each class race each other. I won that race in the Sportsman class at Sears point (now Infineon) in Sonoma, California and got my first "Wally".

RACE ON!!!

Hi Jim,

The Wally is something I do not have, I've only been in a couple of wally races thus far.... and never made more than a round or two in any of them thus far. I want one though.... it would be at the top of the wall if I ever get one.

btw, do you remember my good friend Gary Hairfield, the guy in the Trans-Am you met at the Division finals a few years back ? He won the Division 7 Sportsman ROC this year. Lucky for him, nowadays they send the ROC winner to Pomona for the National Finals, where he bit off wayyyyy too much stripe on a breakout, even though he won the tree battle. He races a new GTO nowadays, he told me he pounded the brakes at the stripe, but there was nothing there, apparently for some weird reason, there is something hydraullic on those new GTO's with the brakes that decide not to work every now and then.....I guess I believe him.

The guy who beat him, I think went on and won the National Championship...... Gary's a good racer, and I think he'll make it back, but right now he is banging his head on the wall.

later
Posted on: 2009/2/10 18:01

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

The people running the show at this last place couldn't add. It's unfortunate because I went to quite a few events I otherwise wouldn't have to ensure I racked up enough points to qualify for the season-ending track championship.

Here is a pic of some of my trophies.... most are boxed away though.

[IMG]http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/tldrane/IMG_0128.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2009/2/10 18:06

SpectatorRacing Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Lots of road racing and time trial podiums, only a couple of trophies because I usually miss the awards portion of the show when they hand 'em out. NASA serves beer at theirs, however, so I always attend Most of the time they hand out medals, though, not trophies.

I did get an extremely nice trophy for being regional champ in 2007. Got third in ST2 in 2008 but skipped the awards banquet last month so no trophy...

The one I would have been proud of was for Nationals, but I sucked it up and earned nothing but a poster and a video that had no footage of my car.
Posted on: 2009/2/10 21:54

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I have several driving awards as well from the California Highway Patrol.
Posted on: 2009/2/10 22:51

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

I wish I has some pix. I don't even have a digital camera. Maybe I can get a buddy to swing by with his. I won a second "Wally" the following September at the National Dragster Challenge at RMR. Two Wallys in a 12 month period. It doesn't get much better than that for a casual bracket racer in his daily driver.

More often than not, I end being the first round runner up.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/10 22:58

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

Hi Jim,

The Wally is something I do not have, I've only been in a couple of wally races thus far.... and never made more than a round or two in any of them thus far. I want one though.... it would be at the top of the wall if I ever get one.

btw, do you remember my good friend Gary Hairfield, the guy in the Trans-Am you met at the Division finals a few years back ? He won the Division 7 Sportsman ROC this year. Lucky for him, nowadays they send the ROC winner to Pomona for the National Finals
later

Todd,
I vaguely recall meeting Gary. I think it was after the fact that you said you knew him. Do you remember which track he and I met at?

Back in 2000 when I won that, I had just read the article for division 6 final in the ND and saw where the ROC champ was the division rep at Pomona. For a short while, I thought my win meant that I was going. Then reality struck. I went to 6 division 7 bracket final in a row. Great fun.

I dropped out of racing for a few years. I restarted last year by running RMRs Street Legal Series. I had pretty well decided on racing the Summit Series this year so I could have a shot at going to the divisionals agan. I loved going to the divisionals and experiencing new (to me) tracks. RMR just sent out an announcement in the last week that they were no longer an NHRA track. They have signed up with IHRA. THAT changes everything. According to how I read the IHRA web site, that makes us the farthest west track under their banner. There is one track in Montana and one in one of the Dakotas and except for some tracks in Texas, no others west of the Mississippi. IHRA has a Summit series, but who, where, is in our division? A guy lucky enough to qualify for the finals would have to drive to Virginia. Bummer!

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/10 23:18

Master Guru
751 Posts

Yeah, thats the problem with IHRA.... I've got an IHRA track within 30 minutes of me on a straight shot down a long empty freeway, but I'll instead be commuting directly through the heart of a Big-ass city for a drive over twice as long to get to an NHRA track for points this coming year.

To me, without the meaningful Divisional at the end of the year and what used to be a fairly decent payday as well, its not worth it. The IHRA may even have a divisional, I do not remember, but does anybody care about it ? No buzz for it thats for sure.

Division 7 used to send the Main-program race winner to the championships.... not sure when they changed, but its the ROC winner nowadays, which quite frankly is the way it probably should be considering what they accomplished during the season. The only thing I would do different is include for example the top 5 in points in the race..... would get the count for the race-up and there wouldn't be any ducks. The other race should just be a dash for cash race..... but, they are all about getting the car count as high as possible.

No, do not remember exactly which track you met Gary at..... maybe Vegas ?
Posted on: 2009/2/10 23:32

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Yeah, thats the problem with IHRA.... I've got an IHRA track within 30 minutes of me on a straight shot down a long empty freeway, but I'll instead be commuting directly through the heart of a Big-ass city for a drive over twice as long to get to an NHRA track for points this coming year.
I would do the same. You must have moved since we touched base last. I recall that you were within spitting distance of National Trail near Columbus.

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
To me, without the meaningful Divisional at the end of the year and what used to be a fairly decent payday as well, its not worth it. The IHRA may even have a divisional, I do not remember, but does anybody care about it ? No buzz for it thats for sure.
I totally agree. Except RMR never had any "fairly decent payday".

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Division 7 used to send the Main-program race winner to the championships.... not sure when they changed, but its the ROC winner nowadays, which quite frankly is the way it probably should be considering what they accomplished during the season.
Again, I agree.

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
No, do not remember exactly which track you met Gary at..... maybe Vegas ?
Las Vegas was in 1999. The last race at the old track or 2001 at "The Strip", the new track.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/11 1:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

SpectatorRacing wrote:
Lots of road racing and time trial podiums, only a couple of trophies because I usually miss the awards portion of the show when they hand 'em out. NASA serves beer at theirs, however, so I always attend Most of the time they hand out medals, though, not trophies.

I have enough roadracing and bike racing trophys to cover 3 walls but none were for my vettes.

The only NASA I have are 2 patches that say "I Survived The 25".

They don't hand out trophies at SCCA but they do have free booze and food evert nite with all the cornerworkers & officials.
Posted on: 2009/2/11 1:48

Master Guru
751 Posts

I competed until I broke at the 99 Divisional finals.... I don't think I knew you then. That was definitely in Vegas on the old track. I wasn't there in 2001.... might have been the year. I think it was the year you offered to help me get on a team out their because I didn't qualify anywhere.... I raced Carlsbad instead of a NHRA track.

Yeah, I was transferred here to Houston 3 months ago.... land of the great air !! I think your crossfire could run 11's here !! My 06 Malibu SS ran 90-91 mph at National Trails in Ohio in 70 degree air.....Out of boredom, I went to that IHRA track down here one day to play around in it.... 94-95 mph every pass 65-70 degree temps. I like the AIR here !! (At least in the winter I do, I have a feeling my attitude will change in the summer)

later
Posted on: 2009/2/11 2:36

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
I competed until I broke at the 99 Divisional finals.... I don't think I knew you then. That was definitely in Vegas on the old track. I wasn't there in 2001.... might have been the year. I think it was the year you offered to help me get on a team out their because I didn't qualify anywhere.... I raced Carlsbad instead of a NHRA track.

That sounds right, because otherwise I imagine you would have raced with us.

My first bracket finals, in recent history was in 1998 at the now defunct LACR. After that I went to:

1998 - Palmdale, Ca. - LACR,
1999 - Las Vegas, old track.
2000 - Sonoma, Sears Point (then) Infineon (now),
2001 - Las Vegas, The Strip,
2002 - Fallon, Nevada, Top Gun,
2003 - Tucson, Southwestern

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
Yeah, I was transferred here to Houston 3 months ago.... land of the great air !! I think your crossfire could run 11's here !! My 06 Malibu SS ran 90-91 mph at National Trails in Ohio in 70 degree air.....Out of boredom, I went to that IHRA track down here one day to play around in it.... 94-95 mph every pass 65-70 degree temps. I like the AIR here !! (At least in the winter I do, I have a feeling my attitude will change in the summer)

later

Yes. I'm sure when the temps are 100°+ with the humidity close behind, things will change. The lowest track I ever raced was Sonoma, at 35 feet above sea level.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/11 16:26

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Ever raced at Pomona?
Posted on: 2009/2/11 16:31

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Ever raced at Pomona?

I raced Pomona at every street legal event they had in the mid to late 90's..... I also raced in the Summit ET point series at Pomona in 99 and qualified as a Pomona team member and raced at the Division championship in Vegas, but broke.

Unfortunately, that was the last year Pomona had a Team and a street legal racing program due to the city of Laverne's noise complaints, which is literally across the road that runs side by side with the strip.... thus in an agreement with the cities, back then, they reduced the days of racing on the track to somewhere around 10-12 days total for the year, which of course those days were eaten by the two NHRA Powerade series events, plus a GoodGuys event of some sort and also back then a national import event of some sort..... they did continue to have the Super Chevy show at the track, which was the only event of the year I could get myself on that track after 99..... I hated to see that happen. I really loved that track....

I'll tell you what the worst thing about that deal was, the residents really only complained about the Big NHRA events and more specifically the extremely loud Nitro cars..... yet, when it came time to cut the days racing on the track..... they cut the street legal program ??? Go figure.... we were under a strict 95 decibel limit and we complied. They even had a person or two every event out past the 60 ft mark with a noise gun in hand checking every racer for compliance. Rarely did somebody break the noise limit.... we weren't the problem. But, we are the ones that suffered.

Oh well, whadda u gonna do......
Posted on: 2009/2/11 17:45

Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Ever raced at Pomona?

No. It was always my dream to be invited to race Pomona at the end of the year by winning the divisional.

Beach, you are right about strange ways of dealing with noise regulations. On a typical bracket night at RMR the loudest part of the event is the PA, which ironically only works in the pits, sporadically.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2009/2/11 18:54

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

I miss Palmdale

Photobucket
Posted on: 2009/2/11 19:34

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Ever raced at Pomona?

No. It was always my dream to be invited to race Pomona at the end of the year by winning the divisional.

Beach, you are right about strange ways of dealing with noise regulations. On a typical bracket night at RMR the loudest part of the event is the PA, which ironically only works in the pits, sporadically.

RACE ON!!!

That is still my dream or hope.... just have to put it all together in the same year and hope you get a little bit of luck too I guess.

On Pomona, a lot of racers were really upset at the decision back in 99, myself included. It didn't make sense to us.... but it was all about the money. The NHRA events bring in millions to NHRA.... Although I will say the car counts at the street legal drags were in the 300-400 every day regardless of rain or shine, so they had to be making money on it.....but probably just thousands, which unfortunately, gets the boot when compared to millions.

I do think it is embarassing for the NHRA.... to not have any type of weekly or monthly racing program on your own home track...... shows you the state of drag racing when the premier drag racing assocation can't even pull off a grass roots program in their own backyard.
Posted on: 2009/2/11 19:54

SpectatorRacing Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I found a picture with one of the trophies...you can see why they're not particularly desireable. They look even worse in person, sort of melted.

Total height - 6 inches.

Attach file:

jpg  Trophy.JPG (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2009/2/11 19:55

Master Guru
751 Posts

Brian, I can see thats a West Coast Corvette Challenge event.... I used to race in it that series the first year or two they had it. I helped Gary Brown run it as well and kept points.

I miss it, we had some good times.

But, the track itself was a freakn sand/dust bowl... also hard to hook-up twice in a row on that track due to the dust. The first thing I did when I got home from a day of racing LACR, was a nice long shower to get the crap off you that seemed to get everywhere. That is the only track I've ever raced at where I went sideways at 1000 ft after being hooked up until then. I think it was some sand that drifted out downtrack, but not really sure.
Posted on: 2009/2/11 19:59

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3933547 ... chevrolet-corvette/page-1

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:
I'll tell you what the worst thing about that deal was, the residents really only complained about the Big NHRA events and more specifically the extremely loud Nitro cars..... yet, when it came time to cut the days racing on the track..... they cut the street legal program ???

The Super Chevy show also moved to Cal Speedway's dragstrip. So, as far as I can tell, ZERO street legal drag possibilities there now.

I was at Pomona for the Winternationals qualifying last weekend.

HOLY #$*%#$%!

I'm surprised the residents don't complain about their windows breaking. I did use ear plugs for most of the nitro cars, but had to try a few runs without it, including top fuel at track level.
Posted on: 2009/2/11 20:09

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

I lived in the dustbowl when I was there

I was up in Palmdale, one of the nice things about it was the dragstrip at one end and WillowSprings at the other.

That and I could be in Malibu in an hour.

Times were definitely hurt by the elevation though

FI guys loved it
Posted on: 2009/2/11 20:38

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

The Super Chevy show also moved to Cal Speedway's dragstrip. So, as far as I can tell, ZERO street legal drag possibilities there now.

I was at Pomona for the Winternationals qualifying last weekend.

HOLY #$*%#$%!

I'm surprised the residents don't complain about their windows breaking. I did use ear plugs for most of the nitro cars, but had to try a few runs without it, including top fuel at track level.

I did not know they had moved the Super Chevy show to Fontana, that really stinks..... truly the only world-class track you guys have in socal is Pomona, and you cannnot race on it ! :angry1:

I raced Fontana when it first opened, but was basically a parking lot track. However, I understand they have built and opened up a new track on the other side of the oval track.... but my bracket friends from back there tell me its an uphill track.

I will say I like Irwindale, when it first opened up, I raced points there when I could make it...... very, very sticky track. My best 60ft times on my old 383 were run their..... however, I prefer 1/4 vs 1/8th racing. But, to get the good track, you have to go on during a Summit Points event on a Sunday.... the friday nights had too many street tired cars for them to keep the track hooking hard.
Posted on: 2009/2/12 1:09

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:
I lived in the dustbowl when I was there

I was up in Palmdale, one of the nice things about it was the dragstrip at one end and WillowSprings at the other.

That and I could be in Malibu in an hour.

Times were definitely hurt by the elevation though

FI guys loved it

Yeap, Depending on the air, I ran 3-4 tenths slower at LACR vs Carlsbad or Pomona.
Posted on: 2009/2/12 1:10

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

CFI-EFI wrote:

My first bracket finals, in recent history was in 1998 at the now defunct LACR. After that I went to:

2002 - Fallon, Nevada, Top Gun,
[/quote]

Well, that's in the middle of nowhere. 2002 was probably the last time I was out there and it's only 45 minutes from the house.

They also have street drags every Sat.Nite at Reno-Fernley Raceway. They shut down the roadcourse at 4:00 to use the straightaway. I hand out there quite a few nites in the summer. And if you want to take a break, you can walk over to the other side of the property where they're running a 1/4 mile dirt track.
Posted on: 2009/2/12 2:49

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Well, that's in the middle of nowhere. 2002 was probably the last time I was out there and it's only 45 minutes from the house.

They also have street drags every Sat.Nite at Reno-Fernley Raceway. They shut down the roadcourse at 4:00 to use the straightaway. I hand out there quite a few nites in the summer. And if you want to take a break, you can walk over to the other side of the property where they're running a 1/4 mile dirt track.

Is Fallon still alive, or did it not make it like so many other tracks ?
Posted on: 2009/2/12 20:25

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

Is Fallon still alive, or did it not make it like so many other tracks ?

As far as I know, it is. I think I remember seeing an ad in the paper last summer. I know there's enough drag/street racers around here to support a facility and Fallon really didn't spend big bucks on the facility, at least when I was there. But that was in 2002,maybe.

I think the Fernley gets 100+ every Sat.Nite. They don't have any pro series races there, it's pretty laid back.
They do have a great event during "Hot August Nites" when 25,000+ streetrods, 57 Chevs come into town.
Posted on: 2009/2/12 21:08

Master Guru
751 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:

As far as I know, it is. I think I remember seeing an ad in the paper last summer. I know there's enough drag/street racers around here to support a facility and Fallon really didn't spend big bucks on the facility, at least when I was there. But that was in 2002,maybe.

I think the Fernley gets 100+ every Sat.Nite. They don't have any pro series races there, it's pretty laid back.
They do have a great event during "Hot August Nites" when 25,000+ streetrods, 57 Chevs come into town.

25,000 !!! Wow !! Thats a lot of cars.... Thats one hell of a party !! :occasion7:

Sounds like that Sturgis Harley Davidson rally once a year somewhere out there....
Posted on: 2009/2/13 2:50

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BeachBum wrote:

25,000 !!! Wow !! Thats a lot of cars.... Thats one hell of a party !! :occasion7:

Sounds like that Sturgis Harley Davidson rally once a year somewhere out there....

Hot August Nights is just insane (maybe not as insane as Sturgis), it goes on for 4-5 days, you hit one casino parkinglot and there's 2,000 cars/hotrods, hit the next parkinglot, same thing. They figure 100,000+ people come into town for thr event. I hit the fleamarket every year, 300+ vendors and a couple hundred project cars for sale. They cruise out to Reno-Fernley Raceway Sat.nite for thr drags. www.hotaugustnights.net

BTW, Fallon's still around www.topgunraceway.com , I think thete's some pics of the strip at Fernley, http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/
Posted on: 2009/2/13 14:38

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

I need to do that next time I'm out there.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 18:05

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Well, you can stay at my place for free cause the hotels rip everyone by 3x the standard rates during HAN.
Posted on: 2009/2/13 21:54

Senior Guru
7763 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Quote:

BrianCunningham wrote:

Well, you can stay at my place for free cause the hotels rip everyone by 3x the standard rates during HAN.

Thanks!
Posted on: 2009/2/13 23:53

Curtis1974 Re: Have you won a trophy for your C4?
Elite Guru
Bolingbrook, IL
1070 Posts

Quote:

tjpreul wrote:
I received one for 2nd place at the Hooters corvette show last year. The judges were great.

I'm not surprised. Looking at you car the other day I can tell why. It's a great looking C4. I love the C5 wheels you got on there.
Posted on: 2009/2/17 10:27

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.