Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
230 user(s) are online (196 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L80E
Automatic Transmission - 4 Speed

1st Gear: 2.43
2nd Gear: 1.49
3rd Gear: 1.00
4th Gear: 0.75

Reverse: 2.07

- Used in production GM models...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

400hp427vette (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

My apartment was robbed of 80LBS of silver. My father is now almost 70 years of age, I went to see him for 2 weeks in July. He gave me his silver collection (I didn't want it). he said I he passes I would have to pay tax. I took it and brought it home. I told 2 people this story. After 2 short months, It is now gone. All signs point to one person. They only took the collection and even left $600 cash in plain sight. They took the coins out of the rolls and out of the books, Cops think they spent over an hour in the room it was in taking it and putting everything back. As if nothing ever happened. The Cops tell me its someone I know and call a friend. I can overcome this and will But I will never trust anyone again. It also sucked telling my dad its all gone.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

CSS996 Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Ugh. That sucks huge. Not just because of the financial loss. But your Dad's time and love that went into collecting it. I would have the police investigate the party you suspect and see if maube it hasn't been fenced yet.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:30

bmwgsa Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Guru
Earth
735 Posts

If ya know who did it, then it's lead pipe time.....
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:32

I am fervently hoping to qualify for the category of "ageless" as opposed to "maturity impaired".

400hp427vette Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Its still ungoing with the law, This happened last saturday. You are right, I feel like a disappointment to my father. He spent years collecting it and I couldn't hold unto it for 2 months. This is the shitty part. I told him I will replace it, This is the only thing that I feel will help me get over this. I told him every month we will pick out a few hundred dollars in silver pieces together and will stop once we get to 80LBS. He thinks I'm nuts, But its just the way I feel.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:39

Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Quote:

bmwgsa wrote:

I agree, I will let the cops do their jobs first.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:41

Durango_Boy Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Elite Guru
Columbia, MO
2583 Posts

Man that sucks. So sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure an ex girlfriend and one of my ex friends broke into my house and snagged a few items. Nothing worth much except a 10 year old CD collection and some collectible knives. I have no proof but the whole situation points to them.

The betrayal hurts more than the total of the loss to me, and I know the stolen bond between you and your Father hurts you the most.

So sorry. I hope the police find the clear path and can recover the silver. Good luck.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:50

TommyT-Bone Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I got ripped off by a brother in law while I was attending my brothers funeral. Believe me when I say their is no honor among thieves. We pressed charges and had video proof. Go to jail , go directly to jail. He went to trial and had to make restitution and serve 1 year probation. I hate thieves. He tries to be friendly. I have to tolerate him because of the family. He gets nothing more than a simple hello.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 0:51

Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I got ripped off by a brother in law while I was attending my brothers funeral. Believe me when I say their is no honor among thieves. We pressed charges and had video proof. Go to jail , go directly to jail. He went to trial and had to make restitution and serve 1 year probation. I hate thieves. He tries to be friendly. I have to tolerate him because of the family. He gets nothing more than a simple hello.

I couldn't agree with you more, Its all about honor and respect. Once you lose that you can't earn it from me again.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:04

Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Quote:

Durango_Boy wrote:
Man that sucks. So sorry to hear that. I'm pretty sure an ex girlfriend and one of my ex friends broke into my house and snagged a few items. Nothing worth much except a 10 year old CD collection and some collectible knives. I have no proof but the whole situation points to them.

The betrayal hurts more than the total of the loss to me, and I know the stolen bond between you and your Father hurts you the most.

So sorry. I hope the police find the clear path and can recover the silver. Good luck.

Yeah its the betrayal hurts and bothers me. And with my father it bothers me more than anything. So I decided if its not recovered we will build another collection together. Funded by me is what I promised him. So hopefully if he lives another 20 years we will spend years BS'ing about the collection we built and forget about the one lost.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:09

Matatk Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

400hp427vette wrote:
Quote:

bmwgsa wrote:

I agree, I will let the cops do their jobs first.

Naaaah. Time for street justice. Get your coins back before they're at the pawn shop. Probably too late.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:14

Livin_the_dream Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Quote:

400hp427vette wrote:

Yeah its the betrayal hurts and bothers me. And with my father it bothers me more than anything. So I decided if its not recovered we will build another collection together. Funded by me is what I promised him. So hopefully if he lives another 20 years we will spend years BS'ing about the collection we built and forget about the one lost.

I agree it has to hurt being ripped off. On the other hand to spend the time to hunt and build a new collection is priceless time spent with your dad.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:28

Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

It's too hot for street justice, If the Cops don't succeed. In time the guy will get his.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:28

Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

Quote:

Livin_the_dream wrote:
Quote:

400hp427vette wrote:

I agree it has to hurt being ripped off. On the other hand to spend the time to hunt and build a new collection is priceless time spent with your dad.

Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this time I spend with him collecting and rekindling a passion he had will mean more to him then his collection lost, and will help me get rid of the woulda,coulda,shoulda's.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 1:48

teebee Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

That just stinks, I have been on the receiving end of such a "friendship", it just p!sses you off that they would do that. If they are hard up for money, I'd do what I could to help....just ask, don't steal from me.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 2:19

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

cuisinartvette Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

BTDTx100!
Cops arent going to do anything and leaving it to karma is BS.

He needs a tuneup plain and simple, the kiddie bats work pretty well. What you do is up to you.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 2:23

CentralCoaster Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

What is 80lb of silver worth?

The cops won't help you, there's nothing in it for them. Just remember, revenge is best served cold.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 3:25

TommyT-Bone Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

You could come straight out and ask. Do you know anything about who stole my fathers coins? The one that looks down and to the right is the culprit. If they can look you straight in the eye, they may not have done it.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 10:33

pianoguy Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Man, that just downright stinks!
Posted on: 2009/10/8 10:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

flyboy Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

Just don't get yourself in trouble.
Posted on: 2009/10/8 13:36

Epimax Re: (robbed) Don't trust your friends
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

400hp427vette wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more, Its all about honor and respect. Once you lose that you can't earn it from me again.

Amen Brothers....
Posted on: 2009/10/8 23:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.