Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
285 user(s) are online (229 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
« 1 (2)
 Register To Post

jrzvette Re: I'm a free man!
Guru
new jersey
73 Posts

Quote:
I am no longer a Moderator at Corvetteforum. They canned me for doing my job.
I just got home from work, I will fill you in on what and why it happened.

Frank

It's been almost two days, we're still waiting to hear all the gorey details.
Posted on: 2008/1/17 22:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Notorious RE:I'm a free man!
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
N
We can use Andy's house as a gathering point.......

Does he buy good beer or something like Milwaukee's Best?
Posted on: 2008/1/17 23:11

Mr_Mojo Re: I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I just got home from work, I will fill you in on what and why it happened.

Frank

It's been almost two days, we're still waiting to hear all the gorey details.
Sorry, been busy. The guy who fills in for me at work got hurt last Friday, so I'm stuck working every day.
I'll probably post something up over the weekend when I have a little more time.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 0:41

CFI-EFI Re: I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:

Proof, once again, that no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for everything.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/18 1:25

Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

The fact that that place has now booted you, is only further affirmation that you did things right. Back when it was still possible, you went a long way towards making CF an enjoyable place to hang out.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 4:35

Oaklands RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

CF can't do jack here. So there.

I can guaran-damn-tee though that some of those losers in charge at CF are spying over here though!

Guarantee they are.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 4:43

Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Hell yes, but feck 'em. Up their moon with a gravy spoon!
Stick your POS corporate forum up your worthless, dead asses!
Posted on: 2008/1/18 4:56

Mr_Mojo Re: I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Proof, once again, that no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for everything.

RACE ON!!!
Good to see you, I noticed before I was canned that you were placed in Moderation. Did anyone ever talk to you about it Like I did that one time?
Posted on: 2008/1/18 12:53

Mr_Mojo RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
The fact that that place has now booted you, is only further affirmation that you did things right. Back when it was still possible, you went a long way towards making CF an enjoyable place to hang out.
Thank you, I always tried to please everyone if it was within my power.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 12:54

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can guaran-damn-tee though that some of those losers in charge at CF are spying over here though!

Guarantee they are.
Not so sure, and now I can't say for sure. But in the past, I used to see stuff written about CF on CKS,DC and BCF. Jim Willis said it doesn't matter what is said as long as it isn't on CF. I'm not so sure I believe him, then or now. But who cares anyway? At this point, let's just enjoy ourselves
Posted on: 2008/1/18 12:57

jsup RE:I'm a free man!
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Guarantee they are.
Not so sure, and now I can't say for sure. But in the past, I used to see stuff written about CF on CKS,DC and BCF. Jim Willis said it doesn't matter what is said as long as it isn't on CF. I'm not so sure I believe him, then or now. But who cares anyway? At this point, let's just enjoy ourselves

Oh no, we are waaayyyyyyy to voyeuristic. We need the details.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 13:16

CentralCoaster RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
Not so sure, and now I can't say for sure. But in the past, I used to see stuff written about CF on CKS,DC and BCF. Jim Willis said it doesn't matter what is said as long as it isn't on CF.

I would hope that is the case, but that's optimistic. I remember bashing CF once on DC, which got crosslinked and I got a rash of shit for it, that was mostly just members, but from you also. I think you took it personal (rightfully so) yet you did not ban/punish me on CF for it. That was very professional of you.

That is one thing that can really bug me about some people, is that they can't take criticism without overreacting. Criticism is sometimes constructive, sometimes destructive, but a person that can't take it or leave it is never going to feel comfortable in their own shoes.

But yeah, I quite giving a rats ass what they think awhile ago. Probably right about the time I changed my avatar to a fake lifetime member sign with dollar signs in it.
Posted on: 2008/1/18 18:45

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I remember that avatar.
The crosslinking of the post is probably what caused the trouble. From what I was told, Patrick didn't want any links of his on CF. That's what Troy told me anyway. I know Jim Willis doesn't want any C4guru links over on CF.

Quote:
Quote:
Not so sure, and now I can't say for sure. But in the past, I used to see stuff written about CF on CKS,DC and BCF. Jim Willis said it doesn't matter what is said as long as it isn't on CF.

I would hope that is the case, but that's optimistic. I remember bashing CF once on DC, which got crosslinked and I got a rash of shit for it, that was mostly just members, but from you also. I think you took it personal (rightfully so) yet you did not ban/punish me on CF for it. That was very professional of you.

That is one thing that can really bug me about some people, is that they can't take criticism without overreacting. Criticism is sometimes constructive, sometimes destructive, but a person that can't take it or leave it is never going to feel comfortable in their own shoes.

But yeah, I quite giving a rats ass what they think awhile ago. Probably right about the time I changed my avatar to a fake lifetime member sign with dollar signs in it.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 0:43

CFI-EFI Re: I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:
Good to see you, I noticed before I was canned that you were placed in Moderation. Did anyone ever talk to you about it Like I did that one time?
I'm glad YOU noticed. Nobody ever told me about it. I went to post and it wouldn't take. After a couple of attempts, I got a message that my post would appear after it was approved by a moderator. When I tried to make more posts, I clicked on the "report a problem" button. I sent three messages asking what was going on and received no response. Finally I PMed savewave and asked. He said he didn't know, but would check it out and get back to me. At the same time I got savewave's answer, I got a PM from puker99, saying that I had been put on moderation for "hostility". Part of that message from him asked me something like, "so what do you think of that". I gave him my answer which included criticizing him for his God like actions and not having the decency to even TELL me I had been put on moderation, why I had been put on moderation, and for how long. He didn't PM me back. The next I heard from him was this. At least I finally knew how long the moderation term was.

RACE ON!!!

[url]http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55[/url]

Or

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
hostility and then more hostility in the PM to me regarding your 7 day moderation

Date the ban will be lifted: 01-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:42

bogus RE:I'm a free man!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
N
We can use Andy's house as a gathering point.......

corona.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:44

Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
corona.

That'll work. Don't forget the lime!
Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:49

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
I remember that avatar.
The crosslinking of the post is probably what caused the trouble. From what I was told, Patrick didn't want any links of his on CF. That's what Troy told me anyway. I know Jim Willis doesn't want any C4guru links over on CF.

there aer literally hundreds of threads with links to guru tech articles.

they are ignoring quite a few... and I ain't going into details...
Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:53

bogus Re: I'm a free man!
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
[quote]Good to see you, I noticed before I was canned that you were placed in Moderation. Did anyone ever talk to you about it Like I did that one time?
I'm glad YOU noticed. Nobody ever told me about it. I went to post and it wouldn't take. After a couple of attempts, I got a message that my post would appear after it was approved by a moderator. When I tried to make more posts, I clicked on the "report a problem" button. I sent three messages asking what was going on and received no response. Finally I PMed savewave and asked. He said he didn't know, but would check it out and get back to me. At the same time I got savewave's answer, I got a PM from puker99, saying that I had been put on moderation for "hostility". Part of that message from him asked me something like, "so what do you think of that". I gave him my answer which included criticizing him for his God like actions and not having the decency to even TELL me I had been put on moderation, why I had been put on moderation, and for how long. He didn't PM me back. The next I heard from him was this. At least I finally knew how long the moderation term was.

RACE ON!!!

Or

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
hostility and then more hostility in the PM to me regarding your 7 day moderation

Date the ban will be lifted]

What a crock.

I know we have had our disagreements, but jeez, if your gonna get moderated, at least be told about it. How crass.

Don't feel bad, I was never directly warned. jesse, on a couple of occasions, make illusions towards revolking my privledges, but never said it directly. They just banned my ass.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 3:57

cuisinartvette RE:I'm a free man!
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

I wanna hear more abotu a West Coast cruise in!
Posted on: 2008/1/19 4:07

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We are planning something for the Long Beach GP...

And there will be other things! I want us to start a series of Guru themed car shows! Invite other cars and Vettes and push the Vette (and guru) thing a bit!
Posted on: 2008/1/19 5:55

Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:
We are planning something for the Long Beach GP...

And there will be other things! I want us to start a series of Guru themed car shows! Invite other cars and Vettes and push the Vette (and guru) thing a bit!

And as much as I'd enjoy getting out there and meeting you and some of the other west coasters some day, there's no reason we couldn't have some Guru gatherings in other regions too. I know there are a fair number of us here in the SE and mid Atlantic area.
I've met and made a fair number of friends from CF including Strick and mseven, of those you've seen here. They are both great guys and fun to hang out with. Others here I've had the pleasure of speaking with on the phone at least. But the point is, these types of forums are a great way to make new friends and we can never have too many of them. Nothing makes the time we spend here more enjoyable than the friendship and fun that goes with it.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 15:17

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

We are working on more easterly events.

that's also what is behind the Guru Car Show Series. These would be done across the country where fellow Guruer's (and non-guruer's) can get together. The idea is to have them as membership drive events and to bring those into the Guru fold who otherwise might not go to an internet forum.

The Corvette club I belonged to back in DE is like they. Mention the internet, they turn blue and curl up on the floor. There was one member who didn't use or understand, so he influenced a number of others to poo-poo the web. It wasn't "valid." Well, I want us to PROVE the web is valid.
Posted on: 2008/1/19 18:30

EcoVette RE:I'm a free man!
Guru Newb
Planet Earth
31 Posts

Phuck CF!! They booted the teachers and I just followed the class.....
Posted on: 2008/1/20 17:25

Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

The Corvette club I belonged to back in DE is like they. Mention the internet, they turn blue and curl up on the floor. There was one member who didn't use or understand, so he influenced a number of others to poo-poo the web. It wasn't "valid." Well, I want us to PROVE the web is valid.

Sheesh, how stupid is that? I can't imagine how many things I wouldn't know about my Corvette if it weren't for the internet. Say nothing of all of the special things available for it, the best places to get them, what works and what doesn't and on and on. Talk about sticking your head in the sand! :binky:

Quote:
Phuck CF!! They booted the teachers and I just followed the class.....

School's out forever,
School's been blown to pieces!
-Alice Cooper
Posted on: 2008/1/20 17:40

vetteblondie RE:I'm a free man!
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4653 Posts

Im still a newbie and not in either place all that much, but did find some of those to be quite snotty over there.....
Posted on: 2008/1/21 23:47

tobijohn RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
Im still a newbie and not in either place all that much, but did find some of those to be quite snotty over there.....

I signed up over there the beginning of 2003. I would say the general level of civility at CF has been in decline for at least the past year, and probably longer...
Posted on: 2008/1/22 1:29

AIRFOIL FREE!

CFI-EFI RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Top of Utah
372 Posts

Quote:
I signed up over there the beginning of 2003. I would say the general level of civility at CF has been in decline for at least the past year, and probably longer...
I resemble that. Even though I predate you on both forums.

RACE ON!!!
Posted on: 2008/1/22 1:41

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
I resemble that. Even though I predate you on both forums.

RACE ON!!!

I was/am one of your biggest fans. I never saw you smack down anyone over there who didn't deserve it...
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:34

C4DERF RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

Mr Mojo is HERE the party :occasion1: is under full swing now!!!!!! Only check the 4sale/wanted parts section a couple times a week at the CornFused site.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 2:51

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

CasetheCorvetteman RE:I'm a free man!
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I was/am one of your biggest fans. I never saw you smack down anyone over there who didn't deserve it...

I remember when he smacked me down one time.... I earned it too....

I have since seen the grave error of my ways and i have a great deal of repect for the man, and i certainly consider him a bloody good bloke
Posted on: 2008/1/22 7:29

Rex_Ruby I'm a Free Man
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Hey Frank you are not going to be to say that after April :tongue:
Posted on: 2008/1/23 4:40

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

that's when the final hitching takes place?
Posted on: 2008/1/23 5:33

cuisinartvette RE:I'm a free man!
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Hate to admit it but the way I looked forward to starting my day was getting up early with some coffee and watching CFI dissecting posts by a few unnamed guys and playing badminton with their brains. I could NOT stop laughing!
Posted on: 2008/1/23 5:36

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
that's when the final hitching takes place?

April 12th.

John, I may not be free, but this will be in a good way!
Posted on: 2008/1/23 12:41

Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
Hate to admit it but the way I looked forward to starting my day was getting up early with some coffee and watching CFI dissecting posts by a few unnamed guys and playing badminton with their brains. I could NOT stop laughing!

Same here. I used to do a search for his posts to find the threads. His responses always reminded me of that Lloyd Bensen - Dan Quayle Vice-presidential debate where Quayle compared himself to JFK and Bensen came back with "I knew John Kennedy, I worked with John Kennedy. John Kennedy was a friend of mine. You're no John Kennedy."
Posted on: 2008/1/23 22:46

Mekanic RE:I'm a free man!
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

I hate digging up old threads, but I wanted to chime in.

Mojo was the best mod over there period.

I remember when I PM'd you after pewter99 put me on moderation for posting a funny story in OT, and for those 15 days, only 2 of my posts were approved, and they took 9 hours each to get up there. All the posts I made during moderation were either A: helping people, or B: trying to buy something from a forum vendor.

There was nothing you could do, but you were respectful.

They definitely put a large nail in their coffin when they got rid of you.

I'm not banned from there (yet) but the only posts you will see from me is in C4 parts for sale.

~Rich
Posted on: 2008/2/26 3:07

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

xccter RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Downtown Annapolis, MD
461 Posts

I knew there had to be a story there somewhere when you were suddenly, conspicuously MIA.

No good deed goes unpunished.

This is starting to feel like home already!

Congrats on the other thing too.

Posted on: 2008/2/26 3:17
NCRS #48337

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Thanks guys
Posted on: 2008/2/26 23:42

5speedC4 Corvette Forum Hates Personality.
Guru Newb
Springdale Arkansas
33 Posts

Mojo
I didn't realize you were chit canned.
I noticed you were gone, several weeks ago, but I thought that I noticed the entire place was different.
I just figured you were not taking part of the strangeness by your own accord.
It really pissed me off when they got rid of Bogus and CC and the others at that time.
Now I'm pizzed off at CF all over again.
I will say this Mojo.....
You were the only Moderator over CF that was likeable.
The others didn't have a PERSONALITY

Come to think about it, personality was the reason they banned the others....

Corvette Forum Hates Personality.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 1:32

corvetteronw RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
Lowell, MI
646 Posts

A couple of stories about Frank. One time I posted a reference to one of my favorite "babe" sites that features a "beauty of the day" each day. Frank politely told me that the site was great but that I could not post a reference to it on the Forum. He did his job in a polite and gentlemanly way and I did not feel offended at all.
He once talked with the "gods" during Cruise In about putting me in for a job as a moderator on the C4 For Sale section. I appreciated that more than you know Frank! It was a good thing they rejected my arse wasn't it?!!!
What about Cruise In? He was the leader of the pack! It will never be the same if they ban him from showing up!!!!!!!!!!
By the by. PM me if you want the link to that "beauty of the day" site. It is an eye-popper and a great way to start or end your day!
Posted on: 2008/2/27 5:38

bogus Re: Corvette Forum Hates Personality.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Mojo
I didn't realize you were chit canned.
I noticed you were gone, several weeks ago, but I thought that I noticed the entire place was different.
I just figured you were not taking part of the strangeness by your own accord.
It really pissed me off when they got rid of Bogus and CC and the others at that time.
Now I'm pizzed off at CF all over again.
I will say this Mojo.....
You were the only Moderator over CF that was likeable.
The others didn't have a PERSONALITY

Come to think about it, personality was the reason they banned the others....

Corvette Forum Hates Personality.

No, they hate open mindedness.
Posted on: 2008/2/27 6:00

Shadow RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Frank,

As others have said, it's thier loss...feck 'em!

Savewave, well, I've already said my piece on him and Robert "Puker99"/blk07Z06 or WTF ever he calls himself today, has turned into a complete and utter azzhole!

I remember the get together we used to have at Hooters and such when you and other would come to town

It's a shame a handfull of overzealous, no load wannabe's can ruin such a good thing

On the other hand, the place will likely never die. They'll just keep getting newbies that don't know any better and training them in the "right way" to be good internet citizens

Meanwhile, all the knowlege and seniority will find another home...like this one

Happy to have you here my friend
Posted on: 2008/2/27 6:42

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

VetteUSA RE:I'm a free man!
Guru Newb
103 Posts

I never had any kind of run in with you over there, Mojo, but I think you were one of, if not, THE best mod at CF. You were always fair and justified in performing the mod duties you were given.

On a separate note, I actually consider myself fortunate to have been a part of CF, but only because you guys (Bogus, CC, everyone) were residents over there, as you guys are some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable members of the Corvette community I've come to know. (But I'd like to think I contributed some useful knowledge too :toothy5: )

But the good thing is the knowledge isn't gone, it's just been given a new permanent parking spot, and that's here at Guru. :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/28 7:03

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Savewave, well, I've already said my piece on him and Robert "Puker99"/blk07Z06 or WTF ever he calls himself today, has turned into a complete and utter azzhole![/quote]

Don't you know puker99? Dosn't he live in Hillsborough?
Posted on: 2008/2/28 11:11

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

Shadow RE:I'm a free man!
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Quote:
Savewave, well, I've already said my piece on him and Robert "Puker99"/blk07Z06 or WTF ever he calls himself today, has turned into a complete and utter azzhole!

Don't you know puker99? Dosn't he live in Hillsborough?[/quote]

Yes I do, but obviously not as well as I once thought

He lives in Pasco County, just over the Hillsboroough/Pinellas line. Works for Pinellas.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 12:37

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I know Robert as well, but we haven't really spoke since last years Cruise In.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 12:40

Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Don't you know puker99? Dosn't he live in Hillsborough?[/quote]

Yes I do, but obviously not as well as I once thought

He lives in Pasco County, just over the Hillsboroough/Pinellas line. Works for Pinellas.

Oh lordy, he lives in Holiday? That sucks for me. I remember you filling me in about him living in the area after the fiasco needing help for my friend.

What happened to sway you? I remember a few of the things you had said, but it seems there is some new dirt. Post it up or PM me, I love dirt :D
Posted on: 2008/2/28 12:42

« 1 (2)
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.