Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z15
A Collector Edition, RPO Z15.

1996 only.

Silver with black, red or grey interior.

LT1/A4 or LT4/ZF6....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33770 Posts

Wake up and piss .......The world's on fire .......

Or so it would seem ............
Posted on: 2011/8/2 10:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

biggrizzly Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Good Morning Mr T

Just waking and getting started here. I got a busy day too. Taking the wife to another appointment this morning and then back to work for a few hours until I can start playing with my car again later today.

If you read my post from last night I drove my Vette home from the dealership in a driving rain and thunder storm. Haven't done that in a long time. It performed well and didn't melt.

I think I'm going to have those big LT1 Muffler Cans installed. I know people think that is counterproductive to installing a 383, but from what I have read, they breath pretty well. Plus I think it will make the car more civilized.

Ciao... for now!
Posted on: 2011/8/2 10:36

LittleBill Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Guru Newb
Allendale,MI
44 Posts

Good morning, Big Griz- So if you do put the LT1 muffs back on , it begs the ? of your magna flow mufflers. Are you going to sell them?
Posted on: 2011/8/2 11:34

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

Good Morning CGs!

Did a killer chest workout yesterday and I'm already a bit sore this morning. I'm happy about that. I haven't been having good workouts lately with my chest...other body parts no problem, but this area I'm lacking in. I guess my volume wasn't enough.

Don - I'm looking forward to getting my LT4 exhaust put on. I borrowed Rick's welder and I welded up the little pinhole I had in my y-pipe last night. I took it out and it was better, but still so loud. I don't care for that anymore. And I wouldn't worry about the mufflers dragging you down hp-wise.

I won't be driving the car today, too damn hot. Something like 95 with 108 heat index. I guess a/c should be the next project on my list. I need a condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, freon, and gauges and a vacuum pump. I think Rick might have 134 gauges, otherwise my neighbor has the pump and gauges. I don't feel like spending a lot on this project.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/2 11:38

Matatk Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22807 Posts

For anyone who missed yesterday's chat, Letty's new car:

Resized Image

Beautiful!
Posted on: 2011/8/2 11:39

4543 Posts

Quote:

LittleBill wrote:
Good morning, Big Griz- So if you do put the LT1 muffs back on , it begs the ? of your magna flow mufflers. Are you going to sell them?

I will more than likely sell them rather than have them sit around gathering dust but before I sell them I want to make sure I like the sound of the factory cans first.

I drove to dinner last night in my friend Pat's 2008 Coupe. It has an LS3 bone stock with the Dual Mode exhaust (mild to wild). He has a key fob that he can open it up or close it at will and he just leaves it open for the most part. It sounds really sweet with just a little bit of harmonic drone going on under load when the exhaust is in open mode. There is something about an LSx engine sound that an L98 or LT1 just will never have. My exhaust note sounds healthy but will never have that racy sound of the LSx engine.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:05

teebee Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Good morning guys...LSx, yes a very nice sound. It's about 70 this morning, but headed to 106 (air temp). Letty's new car is sweet. I have not much planned for today.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:15

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

Good morning everybody, it's big Tuesday, maybe not as hot today.....maybe. Letty nice C5, you go girl! It looks fast what are the details.....?

Got miles to go today and it ain't getting any cooler. Remember last week I had a picture or two of the big pivot irrigation systems that water the crops out here? Well this is what happens when one of them runs thru the stops and climbs up on the railroad tracks......I know, how the hell can that happen....

Resized Image

It was early in the morning when the Amtrak ran into it. Both engineers were taken to the hospital but were going to be ok.....only in Nebraska.

Let's get with it today, no excuses Guru's....
Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:23

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

RickAnthony Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Good Morning CGs!

Did a killer chest workout yesterday and I'm already a bit sore this morning. I'm happy about that. I haven't been having good workouts lately with my chest...other body parts no problem, but this area I'm lacking in. I guess my volume wasn't enough.

Don - I'm looking forward to getting my LT4 exhaust put on. I borrowed Rick's welder and I welded up the little pinhole I had in my y-pipe last night. I took it out and it was better, but still so loud. I don't care for that anymore. And I wouldn't worry about the mufflers dragging you down hp-wise.

I won't be driving the car today, too damn hot. Something like 95 with 108 heat index. I guess a/c should be the next project on my list. I need a condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, freon, and gauges and a vacuum pump. I think Rick might have 134 gauges, otherwise my neighbor has the pump and gauges. I don't feel like spending a lot on this project.

Yep I have gauges, and a shop air powered vac. pump... you can use them when you bring my welder back LoL..
-=Rick
Hope everyone has a great day!

Matthew
Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:41
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

pianoguy Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Greetings! Another steamy day here, supposedly the last for a little bit. The windshield wipers have been getting a workout the last 2 days.

Sounds like HGTV should be down in Florida filming "House Crashers, Tommy Edition".

Good lawd, I'll bet that was a helluva shock for those train engineers!

Congrats on the new buggy, Letty!

Have a good one, yawlz.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 12:42

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

I have all tghe windows and garage doors open, suckin' in the cool air. It's 57 degrees on the deck. Weather's been nice, mild. Only running the cooler from 3 to 7 p.m.

I'll give the C4 it's mid-week wash.

I'm not doin' jack for the next 2 weeks but havin' fun.
Hot August Nights will start crankin' up in a day or so and run thru thw 14th.

My neighbor, 2 doors down has been exercising his rides for Hot August Nights - 69 Corvette, 68 Camaro, 56 Ford F100 P/U all in show condition.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 13:35

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

Morning again guys...The wife and I went up to the hospital to have our yearly blood work done. When I came back, I took a little nap. Wow Marcus, when did that happen? I guess I missed that on the news. I listened to the weather earlier, we might be in for a reprieve tomorrow, predicting highs of mid 90's.

I drove the Vette Sunday, as it hadn't been out of the garage in a couple weeks. Made me smile driving it. Wish we were taking it next week out to Colorado, but we are taking the two younger GSs with us, as they have never been out there. It will be fun to have them out there with us.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:41

Resized Image

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I was perusing Craigslist and ran across a 66 Porsche 912, asking $5000 OBO. Looks great in the pictures. Does this seem like a good price? Not wure I'll have a chance to look at it but it did peak my interest.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 14:49

Resized Image

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I was perusing Craigslist and ran across a 66 Porsche 912, asking $5000 OBO. Looks great in the pictures. Does this seem like a good price? Not wure I'll have a chance to look at it but it did peak my interest.

Condition is everything. They're noted for rust. Very good condition 3 years ago was maxed out at $8k.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 15:01

JeffK Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Damn Letty, that is sharp.

It's funny, when I was looking for exhaust everyone on CF said Magnaflow sounded the best and had no drone...what a load that turned to be. The 3 of us on here that have it all can't wait to get rid of it. Mine seems even louder now with the "new" engine.
Can't wait for the reviews on the stockers.

Have a good one ya'll it's supposed to be 99 here today and tomorrow.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:08

Lakin, Kansas 67860
12374 Posts

I've always heard that Magnaflows were bad about drone. They sound good, but the drone will drive you right out of the car. Corsa seems to be the only ones that truly have no drone. That's why I had them on the 94, have them on the 01 and when I got this new pickup I put on the DB system made by Corsa, they have no drone either.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:17

Resized Image

4543 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
I've always heard that Magnaflows were bad about drone. They sound good, but the drone will drive you right out of the car. Corsa seems to be the only ones that truly have no drone. That's why I had them on the 94, have them on the 01 and when I got this new pickup I put on the DB system made by Corsa, they have no drone either.

My Magnaflows sound awesome at idle and revving up when standing outside the car and even to some extent when cruising at 65MPh

It's on moderate loads around 1800 rpm and hard acceleration that they will get on every nerve. It seems like driving around town in 2nd or 3rd gear (automatic) is right where the drone is worse.

I'm going to see if I can get a local Midas or Meineke to install the factory cans for cheap this week and see how it sounds. I will record before and after clips so we can compare.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:25

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:33

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

KPotter Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Elite Guru
Cuyahoga Falls OH
1072 Posts

Well, I'm getting ready to go to my third concert in 5 days.

This past Friday was Colin Dussault - a Cleveland harmonica driven blues band followed by Evil Ways - a Santana tribute band. Sunday was the Cleveland Orchestra playing Broadway tunes and tonight is Journey, Foreigner, and Night Ranger.
Odds of a thunderstorm tonight ? Very strong possibility.

You would think that as I grow older (not up) I would think about slowing down a bit.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:35

Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

The Journey et al show was just here the other day and got rave reviews - have fun!
Posted on: 2011/8/2 17:56

vetteblondie Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4659 Posts

thanks all for the car compliment. I'm still skeert about it. hope like heck I did the right thing. This one will have to last a looooooong time.
speaking of skeeert - I bet those folks in that Amtrak had some wet drawers on. I would have.
I have the Magnaflows on the '96 and I love them. Had Flowmaster on the previous car and absolutely hated them. WAY too loud. Sounded like a dragster. The Mags on the '96 are just right.
I do not, however like the sound of the '02 I'm getting. Everyone else likes it but me.
apparently not everyone woke up and pissed, either. The world still feels like it's on fire....
have a good day all...
Posted on: 2011/8/2 19:54

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

flyboy Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

[quote]
pianoguy wrote:

Good lawd, I'll bet that was a helluva shock for those train engineers!

Congrats on the new buggy, Letty!

Two teenage girls were electrocuted by a irrigation machine here last week while detasseling corn. Very sad.

Yeah, congrats, I like the custom front end on your new C5.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 21:16

Ultraman Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14757 Posts

Quote:

JeffK wrote:
Damn Letty, that is sharp.

It's funny, when I was looking for exhaust everyone on CF said Magnaflow sounded the best and had no drone...what a load that turned to be. The 3 of us on here that have it all can't wait to get rid of it. Mine seems even louder now with the "new" engine.
Can't wait for the reviews on the stockers.

Have a good one ya'll it's supposed to be 99 here today and tomorrow.

Jeff you need to take a look at the Napa Soundmasters for a 90 Vette. They sound good and there is absolutly no drone between 1500 the 2000 rpm. I know they don't have a flashy name tag but for less than a 100 bucks a side who cares.

Nuts I need to learn to do a sound bite on both cars now. What do I need a digital movie camera? Need some help with that please.......
Posted on: 2011/8/2 21:40

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

JeffK Re: Tuesday Chat 08.02.11
Elite Guru
High Point, NC
1440 Posts

Since the engine rebuild mine seem loud even cruising at 30-45 mph.

I might look into those Napas Marcus.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 21:47

The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

If I had the ambition, I'd put C2 sidepipes on my C4.

I just got done dragging the bird cages out on the deck and washing them.

What a mess.

And the screaming and yelling, geeze.....the birds made some noise too.
Posted on: 2011/8/2 22:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.