Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
306 user(s) are online (275 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Z25
Refers to 1993 Anniversary Editions; also known as Ruby.

These are the actual cars honored as anniversary cars.

They have RPO Z25 to prove it....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

85L98-84L83 Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru Newb
113 Posts

I have noticed that there are about 100 people posting on all of the forums. Where are the rest of the corvette owners? Are they not aware of these forums? Are they to cool to post on these forums?

Are we considered the geek squad of the corvette world?

How much time a day do you spend on these forums? What forums do you puruse?

I visit:

C4 GURU , corvette forum, digital corvettes, corvette action center,
Posted on: 2008/1/7 7:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

cuisinartvette RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Due to unemployment, too much time online.

Im on here and occasionally on Cf. Visit teamchevelle occasionally too, dont post there much. .
Posted on: 2008/1/7 7:44

Mr_Mojo RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

I'm registered at quite a few enthusiast sites. I couldn't name them all if I tried, but yes, just about every Corvette site as well as a Honda,Scion and Ford F-150 site and I can't forget the various MOPAR sites I belong to.
Posted on: 2008/1/7 12:25

runner140 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Master Guru
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
721 Posts

For me, its a nice break during the day. Some people smoke, during their brakes, I spend a few minutes on C4Guru. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/1/7 12:31

j3studio RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Elite Guru
Western Philadelphia Burbs
4247 Posts

In any hobby, 10 to 20 percent are the participators. with 5 to 10 percent being the leaders. I see the same percentages in the Corvette hobby ...
Posted on: 2008/1/7 14:20

apeacefulstorm Re: Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru
Huntsville, Alabama
147 Posts

Quote:
I have noticed that there are about 100 people posting on all of the forums. Where are the rest of the corvette owners? Are they not aware of these forums? Are they to cool to post on these forums?

Are we considered the geek squad of the corvette world?

How much time a day do you spend on these forums? What forums do you puruse?

I visit:

i am on the same ones you are on.....
Posted on: 2008/1/8 0:58

CentralCoaster RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Pretty much one for each interest.

I'm on a Suzuki motorcycle forum (gstwin.com), here for my vette, and 67-72chevytrucks forum. Was on an F150 forum too until I sold it, and a mustang forum when I had my LTD. They all have a different feel. The F150 forum was full of yuppies and they squirted all over their diapers when I started posting about doing burnouts. The chevy truck forum is full of hicks that like to spend 3 days climbing through junkyards and fixing their trucks with JB weld rather than spending any money. Corvetteforum.. well, it's hard to find good tech info anywhere really.

The one common thread though is I'm pretty much hated everywhere I go. :thumbright:

As for users, there tends to be about 10 views for every post you see. So if half of them are lurkers, there's 5x more people than you think watching your thread.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:24

Livin_the_dream RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
robesonia , pa
516 Posts

Quote:
The one common thread though is I'm pretty much hated everywhere I go. :thumbright:

As for users, there tends to be about 10 views for every post you see. So if half of them are lurkers, there's 5x more people than you think watching your thread.

First of all that comment was PRICELESS- I got a good laugh. And I also think many people belong to multiple forums . I tend to lurk and absorb what I am reading with the occasional post. Mostly occasional posting as I have seen many people flamed on other forums for not doing their homework I think this may be true for a lot of people
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:37

Elite Guru
4247 Posts

I think CC wants to be hated - makes him feel like he's more in control or something. All I remember is someone who helped me out a ton when I first got my 1985 ...
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:39

joeld RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru
Lawrenceville Ga
718 Posts

I usually spend a couple hrs total on forums. Latley more on this site but also CF and a W-body GM site.I spend most of my time here reading and searching, usually mosy posts are answered by folks smarter than me!

Joel
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:44

biggrizzly RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Quote:

I don't get that... What's the point in just lurking when you can ask stupid questions that everyone knows the answer to except yourself, and at other times piss everyone off at the same time. :tongue:
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:48

bogus RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I figure there are about 200k unique Corvette forum type members... all they want to do is protect their ID on other sites.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 1:57

jrzvette Re: Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru
new jersey
73 Posts

Quote:
I
I visit:

I do the same but for some reason only C4Guru is restricted at work so I can only visit here when I'm home.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 3:53

movnviolation RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru Newb
Hesperia, Calif
188 Posts

I have been a member of CF for about four (4) years and recently found this one after the bannings started. A lot of knowledge came over here. I have had my 89 spread all over the garage in pieces. The forum has helped me put it back together.
I very seldom post unless I can help someone. I learn by listening and I am sure that there are a lot of others that do the same thing.
What has become a turn off on CF is newbs being told to look it up! Well the archives are not that easy to navigate through of find for that matter.
I spend about four hrs. a day looking mostly on here now. I don't know if there is an archive section here or not.
Keep up the good work!
Posted on: 2008/1/8 7:02

Mark_H RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru Newb
New Kensington, PA
5 Posts

I think a lot of folks like me (who don't have much to say) check in every day, see whats happening, and don't post much.

I was member of DC and CF for years and I think I my post count was less than 50 between both sites.

Posted on: 2008/1/8 9:23

92 White Convertible

brut RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

In ref to people asking "stupid" questions and someone asking them to "look it up".....

To me, none of these sites would around if it were not for the people asking questions that others may know the answer to. Thats why there is a "technical" area. People should not feel stupid asking a question even if its been asked 100 times already, thats what the other members are for. If a member is tired of answering the same question orver and over, they can move on to the next thread
Posted on: 2008/1/8 10:41

Shadow RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
271 Posts

CorvetteFlorida
CorvetteInternational
C4Guru
CorvetteValley
Smokinvette
CrossedFlags
Stupidfastboats
Ih8mud (Landcruiser site)
Pirate4x4
Cruiserheads (another landcruiser site)
CorvetteForum
FLCFA (F-body)
LS1 tech
LS2 tech

and probably a bunch of chit I forgot!

Florida, International, Guru, are regular visits and postings throughout the day. The "other" forum I read and pm but refuse to post!

Ih8mud is for when I need tech info or parts for my old FJ62, and the rest are recreational sites and don't post much if at all.

I'm on Digital Whorvettes as well, but some prick has me restricted to "read only" for some reason (again, no one has the balls to pm you about crap they do? Thats why I no longer visit there!)
Posted on: 2008/1/8 10:47

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:
What has become a turn off on CF is newbs being told to look it up!

That does strike a nerve with me when I see a brand new member with a "real question" and all they get is "learn to do a search". Every GD time. Dont know why, but that pisses me off.

not that they are being encouraged to look it up but most the time thats about all they post is "Go look it up". Im thinkin', wtf azzhole, is that all??? Why bother?? Dude seems like a nice enough guy so I keep my mouth shut Im not a thread cop anyway. Dammit, if you have the answer help someone out!!

Not everyone has all day to read through 1000 threads...I do understand not making everyone look up your answer though. Whatever.

For some (like me when I was new) it may be their first time on the web and may not even be aware of it.

Now-For some longtimers maybe a different story but take it easy on the new people so they stick around. Not everyone reads every thread if it doesnt pertain to their problem .Many threads have been posted over and over that Ive never opened before.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 15:00

dan0617 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

Quote:

Hated??? Why you say that?? Hell, when I saw you (and bogus) were banned from CF I was looking for both of you. Glad to find you both at the same place!!
Posted on: 2008/1/8 16:08

dan0617 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Tyrone, PA
1260 Posts

I see alot of posts now where the first line is "I ran a search and didn't find a good answer so...."

I do that sometimes too. Lets everyone know you did search before they all tell you to search. Again, this forum seems to be full of understanding members and I hope it stays that way. I'm a member of a few too.

Dodgeforum...everyone is more worried about bling than tech info or functionality. The biggest tech answer is usually "I'd get it to the dealer service department asap". I have a 2500 4X4 and put about 55,000 hard miles per year on it for construction and pulling a camper. I don't want bling, I want utilization!!!!

DomesticMisfits.....No c4 traffic at all, but they do have a babes section!

Camaroz28....some good info and good members, but everyone overcams and overdoes everything on an engine. Blown head gasket, advice will be to put 220CC intake runner heads and a 250/260 duration at .050 cam in it, even if it is a street car. Great for sale section and overall a good forum tho.

2 different Ford truck forums, gotta agree with CentralCoaser. Comical when a Chevy or Ford guy jumps in and talks about horsepower. They fall all over themselves usually.

I think that's it....ooh wait, that 1 other one....
Posted on: 2008/1/8 16:23

teebee RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12369 Posts

I spend more time than I should reading on forums, but that's how I learn. I spend time here, a bit of time at CAC, Corvette Valley, and less and less time at CF. There is another CF, CorvetteForums.com Appears to be just getting off the ground.

I dislike DC and won't go back there.
Posted on: 2008/1/8 17:00

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

Horsepower844182 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Guru
Beaumont, TX
82 Posts

I have like a 4 website rotation:

Fullthrottlev6 (for my Firebird)
C4Guru (for the Vette)
Digg (for my tech/political news)
Email

Rinse and repeat. If nothing is updated, I'll go find something do for a few minutes, then come back lol
Posted on: 2008/1/8 17:57

FLYINLOW90 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

That does strike a nerve with me when I see a brand new member with a "real question" and all they get is "learn to do a search". Every GD time. Dont know why, but that pisses me off.

not that they are being encouraged to look it up but most the time thats about all they post is "Go look it up". Im thinkin', wtf azzhole, is that all??? Why bother?? Dude seems like a nice enough guy so I keep my mouth shut Im not a thread cop anyway. Dammit, if you have the answer help someone out!!

Not everyone has all day to read through 1000 threads...I do understand not making everyone look up your answer though. Whatever.

For some (like me when I was new) it may be their first time on the web and may not even be aware of it.

Now-For some longtimers maybe a different story but take it easy on the new people so they stick around. Not everyone reads every thread if it doesnt pertain to their problem .Many threads have been posted over and over that Ive never opened before.

Man I thought I was the only one that that bugged. Glad to hear I'm not alone on that. There is one member on CF that comes quickly to mind.

I've been over here for a little while but as you can see have not posted much at all. I am starting to wonder in here now that the tone and attitude in Cf has changed considerably.

Gary
Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:21

Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Hey Gary, good to see you , stick around.
Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:44

Elite Guru
4247 Posts

So we have the same people discussing how the same people are on all Corvette sites ...

... it's a meta thing.
Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:55

FLYINLOW90 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Quote:
Hey Gary, good to see you , stick around.

Thanks Ron
Posted on: 2008/1/15 14:59

sprint7677 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Oxford, Pa
127 Posts

Quote:
In any hobby, 10 to 20 percent are the participators. with 5 to 10 percent being the leaders. I see the same percentages in the Corvette hobby ...

That is very true
Posted on: 2008/1/16 3:34

sprint7677 RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Oxford, Pa
127 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah that happened to me too many times, makes you feel like a pest. Heck sometimes it's tough just to figure out what your suppose to be asking. Try searching for something you don't know.
Posted on: 2008/1/16 3:37

Notorious RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

This is the only Corvette site I've ever been on. You mean there are others?
Posted on: 2008/1/16 3:46

Rex_Ruby RE:Same people on all corvette sites?
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Quote:
So we have the same people discussing how the same people are on all Corvette sites ...

... it's a meta thing.

:sign3:

We were all new at one time, I never understood the rudeness towrd newbs
Posted on: 2008/1/16 4:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.