Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
218 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
 Register To Post

Hensen My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Newb
31 Posts

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008003.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008017.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008011.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008008-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008010.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2008/5/9 18:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

I'm not usually a fan of body kits, but that has nice lines and proportions - very cool!
Posted on: 2008/5/9 19:32

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

NC Kid Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I like it.
Posted on: 2008/5/9 19:59

CentralCoaster Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I don't like the idea, but it does look like it was well done.

What year is it?

Are those Ferrari wheels with a deep adapter on there? Looks a few inches wider than the stock body.
Posted on: 2008/5/9 20:01

Pod Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Newb
Columbia, Ms
44 Posts

Looks good!!
Posted on: 2008/5/9 20:37

patsfan05488 Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru
229 Posts

I like it, especially the front and sides
Posted on: 2008/5/9 21:25

patgizz Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Senior Guru
Medina, OH
228 Posts

i like the seats
Posted on: 2008/5/9 21:43

Matatk Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22811 Posts

A Fervette!

For some reason, the Miami Vice theme song is playing in my head.

Anywho, I like the body lines. I would like it better without the Ferrari badges. Not a fan of that. But otherwise looks cool...

Matthew
Posted on: 2008/5/9 21:47

Hensen Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Newb
31 Posts

Took a while to work out all the paperwork, but it goes something like this.
Its a 1989 C4, that was unused and then shipped to Italy, in 1992. The " Brilliante" car Company carried out the work with many correct / original Testarossa parts, including wheels, lights, etc. Having checked out the workmanship, it musta cost a ********* fortune to do. So, then sent to Japan, where it stayed till I bought it in December 07. Got it shipped to the UK, and the total bill for purchese and taxes, etc is $20 grand. It gets so much attention I will not sell it for even $100 grand, - - - I LOVE it. My garage will have 4 cars, this, 1971 Mach 1, 1985 BMW M5 and 1934 Wolseley........

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/America31andWolseley048.jpg[/IMG]

Only seen one other - recently sold in Vegas for $30 grand. In black with poor photos etc. Not good, but sold immediately.

PS, milage is still only 13,700 from new.

Oh yes - its correct TR width - very wide indeed.
Posted on: 2008/5/9 22:15

Hensen Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Newb
31 Posts

Its this wide........

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/FerrariMarch2008Latest002.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2008/5/9 22:42

TommyT-Bone Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33810 Posts

Road and Track just voted a Ferrari the best sportscar and a Corvette with the best V8; So in a way, it kind of makes sense.
Posted on: 2008/5/10 1:21

Touringmike Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Two things come to mind for me;

1. The Ferrari owner probably doesn't care for it.
"Buy a Ferrari if you want one"

2. Corvette owners will say, "If you want a Ferrari, buy one"

I don't see the relevence of doing something like that.
Why try to make one thing into something it isn't?

Just my opinion.
Posted on: 2008/5/10 2:33

WrenchmanT Re: M
Guru Newb
44 Posts

I
Posted on: 2008/5/10 3:19

Guru Newb
31 Posts

Just my opinion.

Well,for me the only good thing about a Testarossa is its looks, apart from that they are crap,no power steering, and not very safe with the engine behind you. The C4 is safer and better appointed and gets 4 times the gas milage, and needs less repairs, etc.

How do I know all this ?? We have a real one as well.

[IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/Hensen666/Wallstreet9-11-2007scaffoildinga-2.jpg[/IMG]
Posted on: 2008/5/10 6:55

CasetheCorvetteman Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

512 TR has power steering though.
Posted on: 2008/5/10 7:01

CasetheCorvetteman Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Ive seen a few of those conversions where they make the car something its not, but thats about the most accurate one ive seen and does look quite good.
Posted on: 2008/5/10 7:05

pianoguy Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Now here's an unusual Ferrari:

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/5/10 23:55

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

DaleD Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Touringmike wrote:

Just my opinion.

Why take a car that's nice on it's own merit, and dress it up like something it's not? Just doesn't make sense to me.
Posted on: 2008/5/11 1:34

Guru Newb
31 Posts

Quote:

DaleD wrote:
Quote:

Touringmike wrote:

Just my opinion.

Why take a car that's nice on it's own merit, and dress it up like something it's not? Just doesn't make sense to me.

Possibly for the same reason that women have boob jobs and facelifts, and men always clain to be related to donkeys.
Posted on: 2008/5/11 11:03

bogus Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20861 Posts

I am usually not a fan of these conversions. If for no other reason than the kits are usually junk and the fitment is garbage. By the time you fix the kit the money wasted is astounding.

The TR is very wide indeed. No question... however, they are still based on the BB512, a personal fav, but gee, it was a nasty handling car at limit.

I love Ferrari's, but they lack a day-to-day useability. The C4 has that. It is much simpler to maintain and deal with for only a minor loss of statisticial performance. At the same time, there is a perceived cache that comes from Ferrari ownership.

But when you go back to 1989, the TR might have been faster, but not that much more to be WORTH the dollars... then again, I would hate to think what it cost to build that C4 up to look like a TR (as an aside, I would take care of the rear wheel bearings, they are a weak spot in the C4 suspension, and with all the offset of those spacers, wow... I can't see them lasting many thousands of miles).

From an appearance eye candy perspective, who cares? It is a bitsa, but you are the lucky winner of depreciation. And it's bad looking. If I was to do a C4 conversion of that nature, that's the only way to go.

In short, I am not a fan, as I said, but every so often, something comes up that flat out looks right. And that looks right.
Posted on: 2008/5/11 19:18

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Guru Newb
31 Posts

Think you hit the nail on the head, and I gotta say, I am kinda choosey and having lived cars for over 50 years, know a good un from a bad un.

Took a long time for me to find exactly the right 1971 Mach 1. And I put this C4 TR up against the best of them.
We have new Astons etc around here, and the owners drive by and look at this red beast and think it cost half a million......if only they knew the truth.

The downside is, forget it if you are shy, everyone wants pictures, and to sit in it, etc. You CANNOT have an evening out without being stared at.......no chance of a secret date.

Truthfully, I have only had it up to 73mph, once, I prefer 30mph and seeing peoples faces. WOW, what a kick.
Posted on: 2008/5/11 19:41

bogus Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20861 Posts

http://www.vanacorvette.com/page10.htm

that is why I like your version.

That kit looks off proportionantly and from a more contextual perspective. Then comes the reality that a lot of work is required to fit it.

Vanacor does a good job... but the variances in C4 construction make it really hard.
Posted on: 2008/5/11 22:54

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

CSS996 Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

That is very well done. Not the kind of thing I would drive, but it looks darn nice. Enjoy it!
Posted on: 2008/5/12 18:19

Qack Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Senior Guru
Raleigh, NC
274 Posts

Saw an interesting news report recently about faux Ferraris in Italy. Seems this is done a lot. The gist of the spot was that Giuseppi can either pay $150K for a real Ferrari or $50K for a look-alike. Showed the fakes to some polizi who were fooled. conclusion: both are great chick magnets.

This one certainly is a nice look-alike. Wonder how its performance compares to the Ferrari it mimics.
Posted on: 2008/6/1 12:48

wmupaprmkr Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Guru Newb
92M6 Battle Creek, MI
14 Posts

It looks like the conversion was well done!
Not my cup of coffee though.
Posted on: 2008/7/8 21:56

red_johnny Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

I love it! I am all about sticking out though. This is by far the best done C4 body MOD I have ever seen. Most kits IMO are hideous. Glad to hear you enjoy it too!
Posted on: 2008/7/8 23:17

cuisinartvette Re: My C4 is slightly different......you might like it, or even have one.
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Big hater of body kits here, but I gotta say your car looks great, they did a fantastic job on it!
Enjoy.
Posted on: 2008/7/9 0:31

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.