Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
236 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Callaway
A builder of special edition Corvettes.

Very valuable, some exceed 6-figures.

Most notable is the B2K, 1987-1991....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

TommyT-Bone Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Finish this statement in your own words.

Illegal aliens should ...........

be sent back to their homeland.

Comment. If I as an American citizen unlawfully took up residence in another country would I be surprised if I was apprehended, taken to the airport and ordered to leave.
No! So what makes this country any different?

If you went on vacation and came home to find a family living in your garage. Would you have the cops throw them out or would you say. Oh poor family living in my gagrage, what can I get for you? Food? Money? Medical attention? Please, make your self at home.

Load the busses, fill the planes, and pack up the ships.
Time to go home .............

What say ye?
Posted on: 2010/4/29 11:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

pianoguy Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

This country was built on immigration, so I guess that different attitudes prevail here than elsewhere. But I wish they would come in the front gate. And even then we have a huge problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ
Posted on: 2010/4/29 12:19

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

pianoguy Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Guru Emeritus
Apple Valley, MN
14762 Posts

Posted on: 2010/4/29 12:26

�Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.�- Jack Handey

BillH Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

be sent back to there homeland.

Comment. If I as an American citizen unlawfully took up residence in another country would I be surprised if I was apprehended, taken to the airport and ordered to leave.
No! So what makes this country any different?

What say ye?

Dear President Obama:
I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U..S. From Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help. You're the man!!!
Posted on: 2010/4/29 13:06

BrianCunningham Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

legal is one thing

illegal means the terrorist can get in.

of course there MILES of borders w/o so much as a fence!
Posted on: 2010/4/29 13:32

bogus Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I am with Pianoguy.

So many of the people in this country started here as immigrants. My grandparents on my fathers side, from Poland about 100 years ago. My mother from England about 55 years ago.

The thing is, we as a nation have aspired to be this eden. This place where anything is possible. And to deny someone access to that just seems marginally unfair. And really, the American being is about playing fair. It's all over our legal system...

I understand the nature of the illegal issue, but until we accept the problem and build a 100' high wall, then we are going to continue with the problem. There is an 1800 mile boarder with Canada that is so unprotected...

Generally speaking, these issues are what we have to live with if we wish to live in a free society. I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said "those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither."

Grant those that are here amnesty. Get them IDs and get them paying taxes. Let them start their 5 year clock to citizenship.

On the other hand, if they are in jail, let them serve their time in the country they came from. Considering many are offenders from their home country...

Finally, much of the immigration issue is pointed at Mexico. For some reason, if this was an influx of intellectual Europeans, I don't think we would be having this debate.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 14:30

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

TommyT-Bone Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

In SoFlo it runs the gamut. Islanders, Central and South Americans, Canadians, Chinese. You name it we got it. I'm all for legal immigration but not for packs that are led by coyotes under the cover of darkness. I like diversity. Hell we even let the Puerto Ricans in. (jk)
Posted on: 2010/4/29 14:43

CorvetteBob Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

I'm all for LEGAL immigration w/ the objective of citizenship.

That's what built our country.

As for the illegals. I say take them all to the middle east and tell them it's the land of opportunity. Besides, there's too many Iraquies in Iraq, let's breed them out and call it Iraxico.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 16:15

383tpimachine Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Master Guru
Corpus Christi
976 Posts

Its enforcing laws that already exist. Whats the problem with going through with something that should be regardless?

The USA in the 1800s limited immigration to smarter individuals for a period of time since there was such an increase in immigration. If you have something to contribute awesome. IF not go away. Paying taxes is contributing. Taking free healthcare and not paying a dime is not.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 16:38

CentralCoaster Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

They should all move to California were the politicians are too brainwashed to enforce the laws of the land.

As for the AZ law, it is basically no different than the Border Patrol's policies. They are allowed to question you if they have reasonable suspicion that you've broken some immigration laws. It isn't considered detaining if it is brief. Their jurisdiction falls within 100 miles of the border.

I do question how this can be enforced without racial profiling though. The border patrol oversteps their bounds already.

I support the law in principle but I'd much rather see the money spent securing the border than chasing down illegals that have already gotten in, and will return again if they are deported.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 19:11

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:

So many of the people in this country started here as immigrants. My grandparents on my fathers side, from Poland about 100 years ago. My mother from England about 55 years ago.

But did they crawl under the fence to get in? Would they have been happy about a few million Polish people sneaking in front of them after they did it the legal way?

Quote:
The thing is, we as a nation have aspired to be this eden. This place where anything is possible. And to deny someone access to that just seems marginally unfair.

There's only so much to go around. Order yourself a pizza and then share it with 10 illegals, because it's unfair that they don't have food. You'll go hungry. Fairness only works in fairy tails. Paying for other people's food and health care against my will isn't fair. I'd be all for illegal immigration if it didn't mean giving up the freedoms of myself or others that don't break the laws.

Quote:

I understand the nature of the illegal issue, but until we accept the problem and build a 100' high wall, then we are going to continue with the problem. There is an 1800 mile boarder with Canada that is so unprotected...

Grant those that are here amnesty. Get them IDs and get them paying taxes. Let them start their 5 year clock to citizenship.

What good is a fence if you reward everyone that sneaks around it with amnesty? BTW, even legal citizens at the poverty level don't pay income tax. Illegal aliens already pay sales tax, so I don't see what good amnesty would do.

Quote:

Finally, much of the immigration issue is pointed at Mexico. For some reason, if this was an influx of intellectual Europeans, I don't think we would be having this debate.

Because intellectual Europeans aren't sneaking into the country in mass. They aren't running away from a lawless 3rd world shithole and bringing it here, (and breaking the laws right from the get-go to do it.)
Posted on: 2010/4/29 19:22

teebee Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12368 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Quote:

bogus wrote:

But did they crawl under the fence to get in? Would they have been happy about a few million Polish people sneaking in front of them after they did it the legal way?

Quote:
The thing is, we as a nation have aspired to be this eden. This place where anything is possible. And to deny someone access to that just seems marginally unfair.

There's only so much to go around. Order yourself a pizza and then share it with 10 illegals, because it's unfair that they don't have food. You'll go hungry. Fairness only works in fairy tails. Paying for other people's food and health care against my will isn't fair. I'd be all for illegal immigration if it didn't mean giving up the freedoms of myself or others that don't break the laws.

Quote:

What good is a fence if you reward everyone that sneaks around it with amnesty? BTW, even legal citizens at the poverty level don't pay income tax. Illegal aliens already pay sales tax, so I don't see what good amnesty would do.

Quote:

Because intellectual Europeans aren't sneaking into the country in mass. They aren't running away from a lawless 3rd world shithole and bringing it here, (and breaking the laws right from the get-go to do it.)

Could not have said it any better myself!
Posted on: 2010/4/29 19:43

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

DaleD Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

teebee wrote:
Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:

Could not have said it any better myself!

I agree, well said CC.

Unfortunately, there is idealism, and pragmatism. Sometimes survival depends on being able to substitute pragmatism for idealism.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 20:23

bobges Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
Bushkill PA
254 Posts

I blame the house wife that is walking on her thread mill looking out the window as the crew is out there cutting the lawn and raking the leaves. Her children must go to college They will never be a plumber, carpenter, or a grease monkey, her kids are to good for that, I work in New Jersey and i see it every day, With out the illegals The State would fall apart.I got to cut this short my house keeper is calling me.
Posted on: 2010/4/29 23:55

Ultraman Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

My take on it is that if they get to vote then we are all in trouble. Some folks are saying this has aready happened and that is how the Democrats got into power and can stay in power. In this part of the country it is all you see working the construction and roofing and meat packers. Are they taking our jobs or are they the only ones willing to do the work? Build a big damn fence, beef up patrols and get control of it. Let them come in through the proper channels. The flood will never end if you don't.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 2:27

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

400hp427vette Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
Long Island, NY
373 Posts

I think immigrants are legal and taxpayers. This is fine with me. Illegals should be departed and not helped. The immigrants who paid their way here should get the help not those who crossed the border.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 3:33

JrRifleCoach Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

be given work visa's and pay taxes without the privilege of voting.

Beats giving them amnesty.

As for those offended or worried about AZ's new laws to arrest illegals. Seems that we already have laws in place that have been intentionally IGNORED by the government for years. Now that someone is ACTUALLY making steps to enforce these laws, ITS RACIST????
Posted on: 2010/4/30 4:14

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
My take on it is that if they get to vote then we are all in trouble. Some folks are saying this has aready happened and that is how the Democrats got into power and can stay in power.

The illegals don't vote, but all their sympathizers do. Those are the legal immigrants protesting Arizona. This is the failure of democracy. When freeloaders become the majority they will always vote for distributing the wealth of the minority.

Quote:
In this part of the country it is all you see working the construction and roofing and meat packers. Are they taking our jobs or are they the only ones willing to do the work?

I cut my own grass. Looks worse than the neighbors' 8 days a week, but I try to be self sufficient. I don't believe this B.S. about them being the only ones willing to do the work. If the employers were hiring illegals, supply and demand would fill those positions with legal citizens.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 5:43

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

As for those offended or worried about AZ's new laws to arrest illegals. Seems that we already have laws in place that have been intentionally IGNORED by the government for years. Now that someone is ACTUALLY making steps to enforce these laws, ITS RACIST????

I think you said a mouthful there coach. The laws have been in place for years. I think Arizona was enforcing the existing laws previous to this recent round of critcism. Actually most of the people critcizing haven't read the recent legislation which is pretty much what was available to them in previous legislation. and , no, you cannot just stop somebody who looks like they may be illegal or pull over a guy and his family on the way to the ice cream shop because they look illegal. It has to be secondary and you have to have reasonable suspicion. So that blows the Nazi comparrison out the window. Besides, cops can always find a reason to pull you over, suspect you of something, or find you in violation of some unenforced ancient law.
Did you just spit in the street? I saw that you just crossed the street between intersections? Loitering, pandering, drinking in public. There's enough stuff right there to keep them knee deep in illegals for months to come.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 11:11

Matatk Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Move to Tommy's house.
Posted on: 2010/4/30 12:21

flyboy Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

If greedy people were not providing them with jobs, would they be here?
Posted on: 2010/4/30 12:25

BillH Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

Well said. Visa's with no amnesty and they must apply for citizenship if they want to stay here.

And the main criteria: LEARN FREEKIN' ENGLISH!!
Posted on: 2010/4/30 14:05

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I disagree with the entire notion that immigrants need to learn english or entrench themselves in "our" culture in any way. I have no problem with them doing whatever the hell they want, wearing what they want, speaking jibberish or fucking goats. As long as they Afford me the same tolerance.

With that said, I think it's kind of stupid to live somewhere and not learn the language... but that doesn't make it wrong.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 5:05

JrRifleCoach Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

be sent to New Orleans with a box of Brawneys and bag of kitty litter.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 6:18

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
I have no problem with them doing whatever the hell they want, wearing what they want, speaking jibberish or fucking goats. As long as they Afford me the same tolerance.

There has to be a line drawn somewhere and I believe jibberish speaking and goat fucking is way out of bounds. It would be a travisty against native jibberish speakers and when it comes to goats; they are simply, much too boney.
Exactly what tolerances would you like to be afforded?
Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:16

flyboy Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
Westmont, Il.
2632 Posts

If I have a fender bender with someone that doesn't (or pretends) speak English and can't get a cop to respond, they drive off and I'm left holding the bag. Just an example.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:24

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

No more than 1/8 inch. Otherwise the pieces don't fit together.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:41

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

No more than 1/8 inch. Otherwise the pieces don't fit together.

I'm starting to think you may be an alien.

Attach file:

jpg  weird.jpg (13.09 KB)
852_4bdc240d1941c.jpg 250X169 px
Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:52

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

I might just be. And tell all your lady friends it's not just my cranium that's super sized.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:55

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22805 Posts

Big hands...I know you're the one.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 12:57

Aboatguy Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Senior Guru
My Avatar was redistributed!
498 Posts

Quote:

JrRifleCoach wrote:

be sent to New Orleans with a box of Brawneys and bag of kitty litter.

Thanks, I believe we have enough problems down on the Gulf Coast without your Sage Guidance.
Posted on: 2010/5/1 15:12

CorvetteBob Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

"Illegal Aliens should..."

sold as house pets?
Posted on: 2010/5/1 15:29

Ultraman Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
2015 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Huskerland
14746 Posts

I have been thinking about this for a lot of minutes. I think we should do a premtive first strike against Mexico. We could send in some Seals and take over the Govt in a couple of minutes especially if it is after lunch. Once we have control of the country we can run it the right way, clean it all up and all those people could stay home because it would be the U.S. It's a win win for everyone.
Posted on: 2010/5/2 0:11

Vote DeSantis in 2024.... Make the IRS go away...

Vetron87 Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
I have been thinking about this for a lot of minutes. I think we should do a premtive first strike against Mexico. We could send in some Seals and take over the Govt in a couple of minutes especially if it is after lunch. Once we have control of the country we can run it the right way, clean it all up and all those people could stay home because it would be the U.S. It's a win win for everyone.

I'm sure that Special Operations Groups have wondered about their countries future and the oathe they took to protect the U.S. A few of my students that have come back from Afgan and Iraq as combat hardened Marines and have expressed this sentiment. These kids have put their asses on the line to protect us only to read on line about the greed on Wall Street, gang violence and the loss of our moral compass. WOW..... When do we start to listen.
Posted on: 2010/5/2 1:36

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

I'm sure that Special Operations Groups have wondered about their countries future and the oathe they took to protect the U.S. A few of my students that have come back from Afgan and Iraq as combat hardened Marines and have expressed this sentiment. These kids have put their asses on the line to protect us only to read on line about the greed on Wall Street, gang violence and the loss of our moral compass. WOW..... When do we start to listen.

Now you guys are opening a whole new can o'worms.

Attach file:

jpg  canoworms.jpg (73.96 KB)
852_4bdcdaef7c75c.jpg 289X540 px
Posted on: 2010/5/2 1:52

Vetron87 Re: Illegal aliens should ........ ( PR&C )
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
Quote:

Vetron87 wrote:
Quote:

Ultraman wrote:

Now you guys are opening a whole new can o'worms.

Your right Tommy we better not go there!! Isn't that can of whoop-ass just behind the canoworms?
Posted on: 2010/5/2 14:06

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

Ultraman wrote:
Once we have control of the country we can run it the right way, clean it all up and all those people could stay home because it would be the U.S. It's a win win for everyone.

We are expert nation builders. Mexico would be lucky to have us.
Posted on: 2010/5/2 19:16

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.