Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
308 user(s) are online (256 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60E
1994-1996, the 4L60 with Electronic Control. From what I have seen, it seems a bit more durable....
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
 Register To Post

brian Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
193 Posts

yesterday i got off work at 7AM(graveyard shift) so i drive home(10 miles) then someone calls me to look at my camaro to buy it(its about 10 miles away) i told him ill meet him there in about 40 mins. so im cruising down highway 50. same speed as everyone else so i didnt notice my speed. a motor cycle cop was waiting on the side road and clocked me at 91MPG pulled me over and gave me my FIRST ticket EVER. he didnt even go easy saying 85 or 80 he gave me a 91 in 65. but the thing is he was just picking on my cause im in a corvette. everyone else was going about the same speed cause i wasnt FLYING past anyone and there was a good amount of people on the road so its not like i was swerving in and out of people to get to 91MPH i was in the car pool lane the whole time.

anyone else got stories of the cops picking on you cause your in a "sports car"
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

TommyT-Bone Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

No tickets. Nope, not even one.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:21

brian Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
193 Posts

Well you sir are lucky. maybe its cause im 18. cops give 18 year old tickets for anything.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:22

RollaMo-LT4 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Sorry to hear you think he was only picking on you. I highly doubt everyone else was doing 91mph though.

I'm sorry, but 91 in a 65 zone deserves a ticket.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:24

Senior Guru
193 Posts

well maybe everyone was going like 80 or 85. but im not that worryed cause 9 out of 10 times i get in my car im going over the speed limit. ill take that ticket everyone so often.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:27

SpectatorRacing Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

I have a 122 in a 65 to my credit...stupid.

Turns out that I was only going 80 though. Who said attourneys aren't good people?
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:35

Oaklands Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
Morristown, TN
480 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
well maybe everyone was going like 80 or 85. but im not that worryed cause 9 out of 10 times i get in my car im going over the speed limit. ill take that ticket everyone so often.

Think that one over a little bit. Your insurance will get outrageous at your age. Speeding tickets are bad enough at any age. I too am guilty of going a little fast at times. I try to stay w/in 10 miles over. Most will not bother with you at that speed but some will.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:36

Senior Guru
193 Posts

HAHA lol. how did he get that down to 80? if i was going 122 on a freeway with no one around and there was a cop car pulled over. i would just hit the gas. :D he wont catch up to me from a dead stop. get off 2 exits down and back on the freeway the other way :D
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:37

Senior Guru
193 Posts

my insurance is 194 a month. with the ticket. it went up about 10$ ill go to traffic school to take it off thou
Posted on: 2008/3/10 3:38

Travis93 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
Cleveland Ohio
205 Posts

Never had a ticket in the Vette. I did get one in a Camero when I was young and stupid, 84 in a 35. That one hurt but not like what I would have got if the cop had not giving me a break once, 120 in a 55, 68 Cornet 440 what a car, he made it out for 80 I heard latter anything over 25 over the limit was jail time for reckless driving. He probably just didn't want to deal with hauling me in. Never got stopped but the most over the limit I think I have done was 145 in a 55 in a 84 ex police interceptor Mustang, just lucky to be alive after that one in and out of traffic and around curves.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 6:42

Mekanic Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Registered Vendor
Tampa Bay Florida
827 Posts

Never been pulled in the vette. In my DD I got hit on the interstate going 88 in a 70, that was the worst I've had.

A friend just got popped not too long ago going 136 in a 55.

And you are right Travis, its listed as reckless, 3 AM, no car anywhere around, and all it was was a sprint from a red light through 4th (about 12 seconds in his car) and smack... handcuffs, tow truck, and boned lol.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 8:56

Yea tho I walk through the valley in the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me.

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
.... same speed as everyone else so i didnt notice my speed. a motor cycle cop was waiting on the side road and clocked me at 91MPG....

Most economcal car on the road mate.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 10:30

Touringmike Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
Sussex,Wi
569 Posts

Last time I got a speeding ticket was 1974.
I'm never in too much of a hurry to get anywhere.
(Well, Bingo would be the exception, I guess)

Typical trap, coasting down a hill, 55mph changed to 45mph.
I think I got nabbed for doing 12 over, don't really recall.

Been driving Corvettes for 18 years, never got one.
My son did though, when he took his Girl Friend out for a ride. 50 in a 35.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 11:32

biggrizzly Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

I have an early history of troubles with the local law enforcement where I used to to live. In the 70s I had several Camaros that cost me a lot in the terms of tickets and the law. Although not especially proud of it, I had well over 50 some points and had my license suspended on numerous occasions for street racing, reckless driving, spinning wheels, and speeding. I had my license revoked in the State of Maryland and had to go to court again to have them reinstated. The judge told me if I ever got another ticket in the state I would NEVER drive another car again. HE WAS FRICK'N SERIOUS and I took him to his word. My dad made me take the cars to the race track to get my jollies off instead of the road.

I had to buy uninsured motorist insurance for insane amounts of money. It cost me in so many more ways than just the initial tickest and court costs. I recomend wake up now before you get tied up in a bunch of crap or worse hurt yourself of someone else. I know I have no room to preach, but at least I speak from the word of experience.

I have not had a ticket since around 1984 or so... Knock on wood. I'm always concerned about speed. And even today after 25 or so years my heart races a bit when I see a cop come up behind me. Its not a way to be.

by the way - no tickets in my Vette. I don't beleive I have had it over 85 or 90 ever on the street.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 12:28

80sRule Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru Newb
15 Posts

I'm 20 and have one ticket; failure to obey a traffic signaling device. I swore it was yellow but the officer was sure it wasn't. That ticket will be 3 years old this October and go off insurance, but it didn't affect the insurance.

I speed, but generally I am just cruising(maybe limit to 10 over) when on regular roads. When I am on a backroad where I know there won't be traffic and where cops can't sit, I will get going a bit. However, I will NOT street race.

The cops around here are more concerned with cars with body kits and wings than Corvettes. Generally, older people own Corvettes and generally it's the younger people doing the stupid shit that needs police attention.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 13:09

CSS996 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
... if i was going 122 on a freeway with no one around and there was a cop car pulled over. i would just hit the gas. :D he wont catch up to me from a dead stop. get off 2 exits down and back on the freeway the other way :D

Dude.... Sell that car, please. Before you kill yourself.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 15:08

jhammons01 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

Quote:

CSS996 wrote:
Quote:

brian wrote:
... if i was going 122 on a freeway with no one around and there was a cop car pulled over. i would just hit the gas. :D he wont catch up to me from a dead stop. get off 2 exits down and back on the freeway the other way :D

Dude.... Sell that car, please. Before you kill yourself.

Posted on: 2008/3/10 17:22

JrRifleCoach Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
1524 Posts

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/3/10 17:30

Notorious Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

clocked me at 91MPG

I didn't know that you could get a ticket for getting really good fuel mileage.
Even when I was a new and extremely immature teenage driver, would I have considered a ticket for 91 mph being "picked on" regardless what I was driving. Either this post is a gag or you really need to get a clue. Grow up.
Oh, and in over five years of owning a Vette I've yet to be pulled over in it. This would lead me to the conclusion that cops don't target Vettes. That is of course unless they're being driven in an irresponsible manner by an irresponsible driver.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 17:46

Senior Guru
193 Posts

whoops i just noticed i said mpg, and what i mean by picking on me is because everyone else was speeding also but why would they pull over the suburban when they can get the corvette. im real careful when i drive i never drive over the speed limit when im in residential, but i do go over on freeways. 65 i WAY to slow, i have done 140 in my camaro but that was at 4 pm and there wasnt a car in site. also when i have other people in the car like a date i go the speed limit. my date keep trying to get my to unload my camaro on the freeway for her, but i wouldnt do it. main reason i was going 91 was because it was 8AM i just got off work and didnt want to go down to sell my camaro and everyone else was going relatively fast so i didnt notice how fast i was going.
Posted on: 2008/3/10 18:08

RIVette Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru Newb
2 Posts

Never been pulled over in the C4 although I've only owned it for less than a year. My tickets are limited to the usual speedtraps, we have one in the area where the limit drops from 55 to 25 in an instant.

As for cops picking on Vette drivers or crotch rocket riders for that matter, I don't think I'd get pulled over for slight infractions just because of the vehicle. I do think if I do get pulled over in either, it's probably because I'm hauling and fully expect them to throw the book at me. My Vette and Bike (SV1000) are always registered, inspected, and carry current insurance docs. I think the insurance card on my truck expired years ago...
Posted on: 2008/3/11 0:25

Eagle223usa Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru with Eyes of Steel
God's country, Pa
197 Posts

Quote:

brian wrote:
Well you sir are lucky. maybe its cause im 18. cops give 18 year old tickets for anything.

Not true just infractions of the law, and the interest of public safety. I really don't have room to talk though...
Posted on: 2008/3/11 4:58

WrenchmanT Re: F
Guru Newb
44 Posts

I
Posted on: 2008/3/11 4:59

5speedC4 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru Newb
Springdale Arkansas
33 Posts

Brian.......odds are against you.

A ticket for 120 isn't near as bad as other things that can happen.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 5:14

Next: Headers, cam, heads.

CasetheCorvetteman Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:

WrenchmanT wrote:
In Mississippi I was clocked @ 178 MPH and talked my way out of it! Told him I was late for my wedding....

I very seriously doubt you were actually going that fast though.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 6:20

VetteUSA Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru Newb
103 Posts

Quote:

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:

Most economcal car on the road mate.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2008/3/11 10:45

Guru Newb
44 Posts

A
Posted on: 2008/3/11 15:13

Travis93 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
Cleveland Ohio
205 Posts

Quote:

WrenchmanT wrote:
In Mississippi I was clocked @ 178 MPH and talked my way out of it! Told him I was late for my wedding....

So he felt sorry for you?
Posted on: 2008/3/11 17:25

Guru Newb
44 Posts

N
Posted on: 2008/3/11 18:42

Senior Guru
193 Posts

Posted on: 2008/3/11 18:52

CentralCoaster Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Get a radar detector!

The only time I've ever gotten pulled over in the vette in 6 years of ownership was for doing a burnout. And the only time I drive under the speed limit is in residential areas. (Although I may have run from the cops a time or two...)
Posted on: 2008/3/12 21:25

Senior Guru
193 Posts

yeah i am now lol
Posted on: 2008/3/12 21:41

Notorious Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

CentralCoaster wrote:
Get a radar detector!

The only time I've ever gotten pulled over in the vette in 6 years of ownership was for doing a burnout. And the only time I drive under the speed limit is in residential areas. (Although I may have run from the cops a time or two...)

There's a young cop that hangs out at the hot rod shop where I work. He's a gear-head and is totally cool, don't get me wrong. One day I was cruising up to the shop and some of the hang-arounds indicated that they they wanted me to stand on it. I did, for maybe half a second. As usual, it broke loose and kicked side-ways.
I'd seen his cruiser parked there but didn't really think much about it. He said that I could consider that to be my warning. His main concern was that someone else might see me doing that while his squad car was parked there. I can certainly understand that. He's a good guy and I certainly have no problem with him, particularly after being made aware of his point of view.
In contrast, he's told us stories of crazy stuff he did when he was younger and before he became a LEO. By comparison, I was pretty mellow, even in my wildest days!
Posted on: 2008/3/13 3:46

CentralCoaster Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:

5speedC4 wrote:
Brian.......odds are against you.

A ticket for 120 isn't near as bad as other things that can happen.

Out here you could safely do 120 from San Diego to Sacramento in light traffic. But if you get a ticket at 120, they can write you up for a 2 point misdemeanor violation. It's right up there between street racing and DUI.
Posted on: 2008/3/13 15:03

Senior Guru
193 Posts

yeah my friend in his ws6 trans am made it to LA in about 3 hours. doing 130 at 1AM all the way down there
Posted on: 2008/3/13 16:17

vetteblondie Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Master Guru
Jonesboro, AR
4651 Posts

Last one in Dothan Alabama, speed limit was 65 then dropped to 35 at the bottom of the hill - TRAP!!!

But, last time, was racing and got no ticket.....
(Turned down dirt road with lights of and just sat there for awhile till coast was clearn then left...)
Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:05

Yes, I'm a bitch... just not YOURS.

Resized Image

cuisinartvette Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Never gotten a ticket in any Vette Ive had...yet. Just a matter of time though. When I do its gonna be a doozie.
Posted on: 2008/3/25 16:34

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.

patsfan05488 Re: Fastest speeding ticket in your c4?
Guru
229 Posts

54 in a 40 and it was about 1/2 miles from my house.
Posted on: 2008/3/27 2:10

Senior Guru
193 Posts

just got my ticket today and it is 320$ so not as bad as i thought
Posted on: 2008/3/27 2:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.