Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
258 user(s) are online (217 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  HUD
HEADS UP DISPLAY. A DIGITAL PROJECTED DISPLAY ON INSIDE OF WINDSHIELD CONTAINING VEHICLE INFO SUCH AS SPEED, ENGINE TEMP, RPM, ETC. FOR DRIVER INFOR...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

smack123 Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Well, I should have known this would happen eventually. The "other" Corvette website has been in slow decline for some time as many of the regulars have left, moved on, moved here, etc.

There was a post this afternoon asking "Is the LT1 still fast". The thread was horribly written, brutal grammar, and full of spelling mistakes, etc. It actually hurt to read it, and it appeared to have been written by a 6-year old. I made a comment that perhaps the OP should learn how to write and use proper english.

Well, apparently I'm an ignorant a**hole, because I have an expectation for at least semi-intelligent adult conversation.

I have been reluctant to make the switch as I don't like change, and I have enjoyed the "other" site for nearly 4 years now... but I'm tired of the BS, so here I am. I also know that the originator of this site is a tireless contributor to those who own C4's and it's time to show some support!

Plus, this site has better emoticons
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Shadow RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
271 Posts

You made a good choice (and obviously and educated decision ).

Brand X has become overrun with rookies babbling mindless post and unfortunately, senior members that pamper them

Welcome aboard
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:22

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

bogus RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Smack! It's so great to see you here! Thank you.

I honestly don't have any clue what is happening at CF... I have been on permaban for the last 2 months (with the exception of about 1 hour so I could get my PMs back), so I have lost total track of trends over there.

However, the traffic here has been growing! And things are changing.... so watch this space!
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:29

smack123 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Thanks Shadow - reading through some of the posts here and looking at the member roster I think that I should have made the move over here months ago.....
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:31

CentralCoaster RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

sup yo git sumdis LT1 my unkls got a blower and lemme crus it on weekends yoo thinkit aint fast den show me whats you gottt!!!!

And welcome! The activity here is about 10% of the other forum's c4 section, but i think the quality is about 3x better. We're closing the gap by day. Some people (forums) can learn from others' mistakes, while some people (forums) can't even learn from their own mistakes.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:34

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Hey Bogus!

This site looks great. I signed up a while ago, but as I said, I was reluctant to make the change - until today. I am impressed with how far you have come with this site, and I am definitely a permanent fixture here! Best of luck! :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:34

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
sup yo git sumdis LT1 my unkls got a blower and lemme crus it on weekends yoo thinkit aint fast den show me whats you gottt!!!!

dude, that's disturbing.

Quote:

And welcome! The activity here is about 10% of the other forum's c4 section, but i think the quality is about 3x better. We're closing the gap by day. Some people (forums) can learn from others' mistakes, while some people (forums) can't even learn from their own mistakes.

Exactly right! We have taken the entire brain trust from CF... and it's not like the other forums had much of a brain trust to begin with, not to sound egotistical or anything.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:40

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Hey Bogus!

This site looks great. I signed up a while ago, but as I said, I was reluctant to make the change - until today. I am impressed with how far you have come with this site, and I am definitely a permanent fixture here! Best of luck! :thumbright:

I fully understand!

The upside here? We all know each other!
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:40

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Ahhhh, the infamous Central Coaster!! You my friend are a popular topic of discussion on CF... at least you were until the thread was locked and deleted.

Yes, as I said in my last CF post, apparently setting my expectations above a Grade 3 level was unrealistic.

I am definitely liking what I see here so far!!!! The only downside is now I am a NOOOOOB again
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:42

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Quote:
Hey Bogus!

Also stay tuned, we'll be upgrading the software shortly, (and won't be charging you for it either!)
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:42

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
Ahhhh, the infamous Central Coaster!! You my friend are a popular topic of discussion on CF... at least you were until the thread was locked and deleted.

Yes, as I said in my last CF post, apparently setting my expectations above a Grade 3 level was unrealistic.

I am definitely liking what I see here so far!!!! The only downside is now I am a NOOOOOB again

were you banned or dinged in some way? Or did you just say "enough!"?
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:44

jhammons01 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
1044 Posts

Quote:

Welcome over here. Yea, that was hilarious. You posted that part about the grammar and it all went downhill.

That thread is three pages now and has chronicled the C4 haters on CF.

I am not sure you are considered a noob over here, we know who you are already. That is half the battle with joining a new forum.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:51

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Nope, I just said enough was enough.

I mean, there's always going to be some crap - that's unavoidable, but when the crap significantly outweighs the good it's time to move on.

Glad to see much of the braintrust didn't in fact dissapear and had just moved over here. Apparently I was just slow on the uptake
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:53

CSS996 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

In my heart it does bug me to see bad grammar, but I choose not to respond over getting on sombody's case. Everyone has things they do not do well.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:56

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Yep, I'm watching the thread and adding to my previous comments whenever someone has something new to say regarding my comments.

I'm just trying to decide if I'll go out guns-a-blazing and tell them all to go f**k themselves, or if I should just let it go...

Might be kind of fun to tell them what I REALLY think
Posted on: 2008/2/22 4:57

94z07 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
94 Posts

The less obvious reason for using standard English in a technical forum is the benefit it will have on future searches. Teh(sic) l33t dood speak may have been funny years ago but the time, if it existed, has passed. It sounds about as hip as CB lingo did 10 years after "Breaker Breaker" and "Smokey and the Bandit".

I know Corvettes were exported in only small numbers but there are international users that rely upon bablefish et al for searching too.

I say well done, Smack.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:00

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Quote:
In my heart it does bug me to see bad grammar, but I choose not to respond over getting on sombody's case. Everyone has things they do not do well.

I let a lot of things go too - I understand what you're saying, but this was just brutal. Hey, everyone makes mistakes! I'm a poor typer myself, but I always re-read my posts quickly and try to catch and correct my mistakes. But this was just so far beyond a few mistakes, and it culminated in his last line in which he mistakenly (I think?) indicated that he had "rode his girlfriend and that she enjoyed it".

I just couldn't let this one go. It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:03

CSS996 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I do see where you're coming from.

Anyway, welcome to the Guru forums!
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:10

biggrizzly RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
2011 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
4543 Posts

Welcome Smack,
I took a look at that thread - I can't believe some of the crap that goes down over there. I still go over there from time to time because CFI-EFI still posts occasionally and a few others. I'm alway fishing for something but hardly ever make a catch over there like here.

See ya around
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:11

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

I just read that thread.

Talk about painful. I am glad I can't post there anymore... I would have lit into those myopic peckerheads.

there is a lot of stupid there... damn...
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:17

Rex_Ruby RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Philly Suburbs
180 Posts

Welcome!
I have nothing intellegent to add at this time
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:24

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Quote:
I just read that thread.

Talk about painful. I am glad I can't post there anymore... I would have lit into those myopic peckerheads.

there is a lot of stupid there... damn...

Bogus - why did you get banned from CF? Too much shameless self-promotion? :kermit:
Posted on: 2008/2/22 5:54

Lichen RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

Welcome Smack. However, I must warn you that one of the members over here is easily the worst speller in the Universe.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 18:42

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

Bogus - why did you get banned from CF? Too much shameless self-promotion? :kermit:

Good question... it wasn't for any one thing, I was just too critical of the admin and the ownership of CF. In short, they don't believe in freedom of speach, and I do.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 18:45

cuisinartvette RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Take one look at the overall content in threads and you can guess why Im not posting much anymore. New group of people buying these things and hacking the living crap out of them...Dont really have anything constructive to say, not learning much.
Give out good advice and some dumbfark tells them what they WANT to hear anyway even if they know the info is wrong so whats the use? Let them eff up their cars I could care less.
Funniest part is the pissing contest these "thread readers" and self procalimed experts (which Ill never be) who have yet to turn a wrench...
I give up.

I think its forums in general..Im on another one and usually I have to answer all my own threads as I cant get any info or answers other than "Go do a search"...But damn, start a thread about your favorte color or the biggest fart you had in your car and it goes 3 pages.

Maybe Im just burned on the web in general and need a break, my attitude sucks.

Welcome, Smack!!
Posted on: 2008/2/22 19:07

MK 82 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

I have been kicked out of much better places than CF. Also, the list of people I have pissed off is long and distinguished. I fit in well here!
Posted on: 2008/2/22 19:14

smooth RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

I let a lot of things go too - I understand what you're saying, but this was just brutal. Hey, everyone makes mistakes! I'm a poor typer myself, but I always re-read my posts quickly and try to catch and correct my mistakes. But this was just so far beyond a few mistakes, and it culminated in his last line in which he mistakenly (I think?) indicated that he had "rode his girlfriend and that she enjoyed it".

I just couldn't let this one go. It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back

Hey smack, I couldn't let this one go either...Thought I'd help you out with your shitty english.....I believe you'd be referring to yourself as a "Poor typist" not poor typer! Bad Grammer is not tolerated here!! HaHaHa! Welcome to the Darkside
I lurk a lot but enjoy this forum a lot more than "over there". When they canned Mojo that was it for me. Glad to see you here.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 20:02

5speedC4 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru Newb
Springdale Arkansas
33 Posts

Quote:
But damn, start a thread about your favorte color or the biggest fart you had in your car and it goes 3 pages.
:

I hear you. I always wondered why those stupid threads went so long.
I got in trouble for starting a thread about some of my; legit, adventures of street mischief in my vette. After I got in trouble I felt like people only wanted to talk about stupid stuff.
I even started some really stupid threads, just to see how the reaction went. And as you stated...........2 or 3 pages.
As for the English problem..........if it wern't for spell check, I would be in serious trouble.
But I do all my own work on my vette, thanks to the fact that I can read pretty darn good, and arn't afraid to ask questions. When all the knowledge left CF and came here........I had to tag along just to keep my vette running good. I wouldn't be able to maintain a 20 year old corvette if it wasn't for these guys.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 20:03

smooth RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Formerly "Aquavet" in Pa.
386 Posts

Quote:
Take one look at the overall content in threads and you can guess why Im not posting much anymore. New group of people buying these things and hacking the living crap out of them...Dont really have anything constructive to say, not learning much.
Give out good advice and some dumbfark tells them what they WANT to hear anyway even if they know the info is wrong so whats the use? Let them eff up their cars I could care less.
Funniest part is the pissing contest these "thread readers" and self procalimed experts (which Ill never be) who have yet to turn a wrench...
I give up.

I think its forums in general..Im on another one and usually I have to answer all my own threads as I cant get any info or answers other than "Go do a search"...But damn, start a thread about your favorte color or the biggest fart you had in your car and it goes 3 pages.

Maybe Im just burned on the web in general and need a break, my attitude sucks.

Welcome, Smack!!

Lets face it , c4s are cheap enough for just about any 17 year old with a part-time job to afford,and, as anyone with teenagers knows, they know it all. So, as the age and experience factors get lower and lower, that forum becomes just another camaro forum full of kids
Posted on: 2008/2/22 20:08

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

I'd like to think there are still kids that have good taste in cars and also are interested in learning more about em and wrenching on them. I never acted like half of these morons pretend to act when I was that age.

I think Camaros are cool cars, but you're right, the younger the group gets, the more useless and dilluted the forum becomes, and worse, it drives off good members, young and old.

I don't really care who posts as long as they're either adding some value to the forum or being generally respectful.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 20:49

crash RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
WRIGHT CITY MO 63390
977 Posts

WELCOME SMACK123
PLEASE GO EASY ON PAPPYFREEBIRD HES A GOOD MAN
JUST REMEMBER THE DEFINITION OF AN EXPERT IS EX IS A HAS BEEN AND A SPERT IS A DROP OF WATER UNDER PRESSURE :thumbright:
Posted on: 2008/2/22 23:26

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

Quote:

Hey smack, I couldn't let this one go either...Thought I'd help you out with your shitty english.....I believe you'd be referring to yourself as a "Poor typist" not poor typer! Bad Grammer is not tolerated here!! HaHaHa! Welcome to the Darkside
I lurk a lot but enjoy this forum a lot more than "over there". When they canned Mojo that was it for me. Glad to see you here.

AHAHAHA - Good call. Mee no goud typerist!!!

What!? They gave Mr. Mojo the boot? I guess that would explain why I haven't seen him on CF for a while! Yet another reason to jump off the sinking CF ship. Although I think I may have just done that with my most recent post in the on-going "is the LT-1 fast" discussion.
Posted on: 2008/2/22 23:55

Lichen RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

PappyfreeBird is putting us all on. Either that, or he's really Jethro Bodine.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 1:49

Dads90 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
Pearland, Tx
318 Posts

I peek over there ocassionally. The topic "synthetic vs covnrtional oil" still is going. Even has banned members post from wayyy back. I throw the "ole beating a dead horse" emotion at them and this guy replies " I just wanted up to date info" That made me think "what am I doing over here?" Welcome smack123 glad you came over.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 4:32

FLYINLOW90 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Windsor Ontario Canada
514 Posts

Hey welcome....

Yesterday I coudn't even spell truck driver and today I R 1

J/K

Gary
Posted on: 2008/2/23 4:52

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:
I peek over there ocassionally. The topic "synthetic vs covnrtional oil" still is going. Even has banned members post from wayyy back. I throw the "ole beating a dead horse" emotion at them and this guy replies " I just wanted up to date info" That made me think "what am I doing over here?" Welcome smack123 glad you came over.

"up to date info???" Who is he fooling? Oil tech changes so slowly, it is measured by the decade.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 5:25

RollaMo-LT4 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:
Welcome!
I have nothing intellegent to add at this time

:me2:

But this place is building steam.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 13:09

94z07 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
94 Posts

Quote:
Oil tech changes so slowly, it is measured by the decade.

When I look out my window I see a war that has gone on for time out of mind. The maples, oaks, and pines are fighting for dominance. I think the trees will solve their conflict before the dino vs full syn debate is settled.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 16:14

Guru Newb
Moving to BC
20 Posts

But seriously, which is better, dino or syn? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

Plus, I heard it was a good idea to cut your motor oil 50/50 with water to allow for better lubrication and save on oil costs? Is this true? I know it works for brake fluid.

AHAHA - I've officially had my last post on CF removed and the "Are 92-96's still fast" thread has been locked.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 21:22

Mr_Mojo RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Hey Smack! Yeah, I got canned from CF. I'm still a member but no longer a moderator. They did it while I was at work, so when I came home, it was done and I couldn't go back in to Mods Corner to give them a piece of my mind.

It comes down to a few different things.

One. The Northeast Crew was giving me a hard time for doing my job.

Two. The Admins were giving me a hard time for doin my job(doesn't make sense)

Three. All my buddies got banned and were here anyway.

I signed up hera at the beginning, but I didn't start posting until early January.

CF is slowly sinking and for once I'm glad I have nothing to do with it.

As a moderator, I was actually a prisoner. Now I'm free!
Posted on: 2008/2/23 21:46

Shadow RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
271 Posts

Frank, you've always IMO, been one of the few level headed and resonable mods over there. You've dinged one or 2 of my posts over there before and always had the courtesy not to belittle me and on one occasion, even sent me a pm

These clowns they have now have no interperson skills. Wanna be badasses, nobody's with a bat...on a power trip...get my drift?

Certain of them (you know who I mean I suspect) have thoroughly dissapointed me. It's a shame because thier power tripping and leg humping, has cost them what was once true friends
Posted on: 2008/2/23 21:57

The CF Artist fka: STREETKNIGHT..R.I.P.

www.CorvetteFlorida.com

www.CorvetteInternational.com

Mr_Mojo RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Lakewood,NJ
225 Posts

Quote:
Frank, you've always IMO, been one of the few level headed and resonable mods over there. You've dinged one or 2 of my posts over there before and always had the courtesy not to belittle me and on one occasion, even sent me a pm

These clowns they have now have no interperson skills. Wanna be badasses, nobody's with a bat...on a power trip...get my drift?

Certain of them (you know who I mean I suspect) have thoroughly dissapointed me. It's a shame because thier power tripping and leg humping, has cost them what was once true friends
I know what and who you mean.

I'm just sorry I couldn't catch up with you while I was in FLA.
Posted on: 2008/2/23 22:09

LT4BUD RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
52 Posts

[quote="bogus"]... I have been on permaban for the last 2 months (with the exception of about 1 hour so I could get my PMs back), so I have lost total track of trends over there.
quote]

I suspect a few more just joined the ranks of the permabanned.......

A thread just dissappeared and I suspect so have the participants...
Posted on: 2008/2/25 18:25

tobijohn RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:

Were you by any chance referring to the "Who's driving this bus" thread? I just tried to PM one of the posters and I received a message saying the member either wasn't receiving PMs by choice or was no longer allowed to receive them...
Posted on: 2008/2/25 22:42

AIRFOIL FREE!

MK 82 RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
439 Posts

I think Corvette Kid is toast. SaveWave is on the rampage!
Posted on: 2008/2/25 22:48

tobijohn RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
I think Corvette Kid is toast...

Well, as a matter of fact, that's who I was trying to PM...
Posted on: 2008/2/25 22:49

AIRFOIL FREE!

LT4BUD RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Guru
52 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Were you by any chance referring to the "Who's driving this bus" thread? I just tried to PM one of the posters and I received a message saying the member either wasn't receiving PMs by choice or was no longer allowed to receive them...

Yep, that is the thread and I think CorvetteKid was the one who started it...
Posted on: 2008/2/25 23:31

pappyfreebird RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

well i kept shut up on acount he said intelligent ...so i jus say welcome...n i dont spell fer cheeyut myself...n i prolly ask stupid questions too..but these here rednecks been good ta me...lichen can kiss my .. n wanta say hey thanks crash ... i preciate it...n the rest a you bruthas too ...love jethro :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/2/28 2:15

JonnyAngle RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
Minneapolis, MN
151 Posts

CF is like the bar your girlfriend makes you go to.
...and the only way to leave is get kicked out.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 1:30

pappyfreebird RE:Hoping for some intelligent C4 conversation......
Senior Guru
1028 Posts

wahahahahaha
Posted on: 2008/2/29 1:41

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.