Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
323 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  Grand Sport
RPO Z16.

A one year special. 1000 were made to honor both the end of the C4 and the original racers, called Grand Sports, from 1963.

All were...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

Steve40th Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Well, I was banned for a few things.
Latest was this post from a guy coming back from being banned
""Getting banned is gay, plain and simple. Grown men and women should be able to throw one out once in a while. PC is the death of our country etc, why do it here. Been Banned for challenging a moderator for his avatar after he got rid of mine, which others are using. SAD SAD SAD."
Posted on: 2010/5/16 20:03

bogus Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Welcome to their planet. One of fantacy and absolute authority.

Their mindset frightens me. It really does.

Well, Steve, you have a home here.
Posted on: 2010/5/16 20:12

Education is the best tool to overcome irrational fear. - me

Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Steve40th Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
1114 Posts

I like it here, always have. Just the notifications thing, once that is sorted I will be on here more.
Posted on: 2010/5/16 20:23

CentralCoaster Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

It's a revolving door over there. Maybe they ban old members in batches to keep their servers from overloading.
Posted on: 2010/5/16 22:03

BrianCunningham Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

you have a home here.
Posted on: 2010/5/16 22:50

uxb101 Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Guru
CANADA
75 Posts

I thought i was going to get banned the other day for rating the mods over there on the Canadian section...
Posted on: 2010/5/16 23:58

Matatk Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

uxb101 wrote:
I thought i was going to get banned the other day for rating the mods over there on the Canadian section...

Don't worry, nobody reads the Canadian section JK

We're here for you, Steve.

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/17 0:25

Vetron87 Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Sooo I take it that all the guys that started this great place once resided at CF!
Is that the forum that knows everything there is to know about everything on the planet ? and will tell you so?
Posted on: 2010/5/17 14:04

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Not quite everyone. There have been a couple of other forums to spawn in the last few years, made up of disgruntled forum members.

This site started C4 centric. My biggest problem has been getting ppl to join... It's really annoying.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 14:17

TommyT-Bone Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

There are only a few ways to get banned from here like calling Andy an asshole or something like that but nobody here would do that.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 14:20

Vetron87 Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Granger, Indiana
1988 Posts

Posted on: 2010/5/17 14:24

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Not quite everyone. There have been a couple of other forums to spawn in the last few years, made up of disgruntled forum members.

This site started C4 centric. My biggest problem has been getting ppl to join... It's really annoying.

We could sponsor a Car at ALMS series, maybe a sticker?
That would round them up.
Seriously, its very difficult to get people to join any forum as there are so many. If I knew how a search engine worked, we could utilize that to our advantage.
Did you know Roger Penske is on the board of directors for Internet Brands. HHMMMM
Posted on: 2010/5/17 16:19

CorvetteBob Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
1409 Posts

Sometimes it seems that getting kicked off the CF is something of a right-of-passage.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 17:53

rklessdriver Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
Woodbridge, VA
1318 Posts

Sorry to hear about it Steve.

I don't (and guess I never will) understand the drama over internetz. Espc over an Avatar... You gotta be kidding me. It's a pic on a darn forum for Christ sake... not like the world is ending or anything.

I have to tell you. I've met some really great people near me here in NOVA on various area's of CF. Car shows, race track events, ect. We even had a dinner (social) club every month or so for a couple of years. With all the drama over there, so many people don't log on to their accounts or have been banned in the last year that we don't get together except for in passing at the public car shows.... Kinda silly.

Will
Posted on: 2010/5/17 20:56

1972 Corvette. LS5 454 BBC with M20 4 speed.
Best Pass - Doing good to just pass a gas station.

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Quote:

rklessdriver wrote:
Sorry to hear about it Steve.

I don't (and guess I never will) understand the drama over internetz. Espc over an Avatar... You gotta be kidding me. It's a pic on a darn forum for Christ sake... not like the world is ending or anything.

I have to tell you. I've met some really great people near me here in NOVA on various area's of CF. Car shows, race track events, ect. We even had a dinner (social) club every month or so for a couple of years. With all the drama over there, so many people don't log on to their accounts or have been banned in the last year that we don't get together except for in passing at the public car shows.... Kinda silly.

Will

I tell you I have met some great people. I have met a few, including Andy and His wife, Noland etc etc in person too.
Without the forums I would not have been able to afford the Vette, as it would have mechanically/financially killed me even more so.
But, the man upstairs has a reason for everything. Hopefully he can find it in himself to let more people find this place. Some of the best tech writers are here.
Steve
Posted on: 2010/5/17 21:47

Weavsvet Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
446 Posts

Steve, sorry man, maybe it's for the best. Like you said there's a reason for everything.

Being a noob here and at this vette stuff too I can add my .02 into your new member issue. You guys are intimating as all get out. I don't mean that in a bad way it just that you can't add very much to any given thread when you know that the ones reading that thread pretty much know all the answers. So sometimes simple questions don't hardly seem like asking. The level here is so far above any of the other forums it's just.......intimating. But having said that I still come here when I want a straight answer on something without all the other baggage that comes with it over there. I have pushed this forum on several occasions and will continue to do so. The name suits it very well!

Mike
Posted on: 2010/5/17 23:11
1996 Corvette Coupe,AFR 195 street Eliminators,Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold,9.5" 2800 stall,TPIS LT headers,Bullet 226/230.565.565/111 lsa cam,1.7 Scorpion rr's,EWP, X Pipe, Stock Exhaust,Elec.Cutouts,Dana 44/3.45, Tune by Wester's Garage

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

I feel that the members of this forum are more than understanding when it comes to the noob. Nobody was born knowing everything. There is not a question I can think of that would be beneath another member to answer. Incuding something like "Where is the oil plug?" Here you would get full detail including pics. So please don't be intimidated by the members here. I'm not that technically savy and ask plenty of simple questions. I have an FSM (factory service manual) and explore internet searches and other resourses as well as input from the members here at Corvette-Guru. A while back when I felt intimidated by the knowledge base, a member told me don't worry. Just keep coming back and you'll get a better grasp of terminology the more you're exposed to it. I've been a Vette owner for over 10 years now. I keep coming back. I'm a slow learner.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 23:36

BillH Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote: You guys are intimating as all get out. I don't mean that in a bad way it just that you can't add very much to any given thread when you know that the ones reading that thread pretty much know all the answers. So sometimes simple questions don't hardly seem like asking.

Mike

Ask the simple questions, nobody here minds. Simple questions are just stuff you haven't done and someone here has. Hell, we asked simple questions when we got our first Vettes.

Threads here do tend to be shorter because the answers are usually correct on technical stuff instead of 2 pages with only one or two correct answers and a bunch of fluff that sometimes is so wrong, it's mind blowing.

And do add to the threads, even if it's just "I agree", we like it, your opinions are valued here.
Posted on: 2010/5/17 23:59

BillH Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
The Stig Moderator
Reno
22702 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
I'm a slow learner.

Well, Duh.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 0:00

VtVette Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Guru
Las Vegas, NV
357 Posts

Hi Steve welcome!!

Hands down the most knowledgeable and the nicest group of Corvette enthusiasts call this place home. No question.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 0:33

1993 triple black roadster 6 speed

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

Weavsvet wrote:
Steve, sorry man, maybe it's for the best. Like you said there's a reason for everything.

Being a noob here and at this vette stuff too I can add my .02 into your new member issue. You guys are intimating as all get out. I don't mean that in a bad way it just that you can't add very much to any given thread when you know that the ones reading that thread pretty much know all the answers.

When I bought my vette 3 years ago I had very limited technical knowledge as to how to repair a corvette, etc. Look at me now, doing a motor pull.... You learn by doing and asking the right questions

Matthew
Posted on: 2010/5/18 1:30

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

I am a technician by trade, 20 plus years. I still ask questions. Troubleshooting and repairing only get better with experience and being humble once in a while.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 2:50

Fluff Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
..... a bunch of fluff that sometimes is so wrong.....

You called Bill

I served my time as an apprentice mechanic back in the UK, also did heavy goods vehicles (lorries, coaches etc), but that was a loooong time ago and my career eventually took a different direction and I didnÂ’t really keep up with later developments/technology.

I sometimes have to work out what you guys are talking about (what’s an ‘oil plug’ Tommy), just because of slight differences in terminology (and humour), but I 100% agree that the help and knowledge is here and like Dan has proven in my A/C thread, members will plod on till you get it without being undermining.

This is also a forum where I tend to read all of the posts, because thereÂ’s usually something interesting to be gleaned on all posts.

Yep, I do feel a little silly and intimidated at times, but it doesn’t get pushed back at you on here and I’ve yet to find any bravado responses or ‘nasty’ threads.

All in all a big thank you to the admin(s), moderators and members for the CG forums.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 7:12

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

LOL. Here ya go Fluff.

Resized Image
Posted on: 2010/5/18 12:11

DaleD Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

BillH wrote:
Ask the simple questions, nobody here minds. Simple questions are just stuff you haven't done and someone here has. Hell, we asked simple questions when we got our first Vettes.

There's no better place to ask simple questions than here. You won't be mocked, you won't start a p*ssing match between members about the answer. It seems to me that this site, more than any other I've been to, understands there are different kinds of Vette owners with different goals. The racers don't rag on the waxers, etc.

Me, I'm more of a waxer, and if I didn't ask simple questions, I'd never post. Look at my post count, a fair number of simple ones in there! Even though I don't do a lot of my own mechanical work, it's good to know exactly what's going on. In fact, answers here can often assist your mechanic, if he's open to it like mine is.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 13:35

Fluff Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Senior Guru
Winchester UK & Alicante ES
247 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:
LOL. Here ya go Fluff.

Resized Image

Ah.. a 'sump plug'. Thanks Tommy
Posted on: 2010/5/18 14:33

captmike13 Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

The other you don't get here is the "Go use the search function." or "learn to use the search function." I don't mind searching but sometimes it's just easier to ask.
Not everyone is web savy and getting the phrase or words correct so the search is usefull can be a pain sometimes.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 15:55

captmike13@yahoo.com

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:
The other you don't get here is the "Go use the search function." or "learn to use the search function." I don't mind searching but sometimes it's just easier to ask.
Not everyone is web savy and getting the phrase or words correct so the search is usefull can be a pain sometimes.

Not to mention the hundred and fifty responses that don't apply.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 17:12

pr0zac Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Pittsburgh
1045 Posts

my six month ban is almost up. two more months to go. can't wait to get back and see all the delightful negativity that i have been missing out on.
Posted on: 2010/5/18 19:03

Epimax Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Wilmington, NC
1814 Posts

Quote:

VtVette wrote:
Hi Steve welcome!!

Hands down the most knowledgeable and the nicest group of Corvette enthusiasts call this place home. No question.

Indeed
Posted on: 2010/5/24 21:11

RickAnthony Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Steve40th wrote:
""Getting banned is gay, plain and simple. Grown men and women should be able to throw one out once in a while. PC is the death of our country etc, why do it here. Been Banned for challenging a moderator for his avatar after he got rid of mine, which others are using. SAD SAD SAD."

I know, I used to love the "forum", I'm still on it (VetteTech81) but it's really annoying when you try to help people with their problems, and "mods" are banning people for really stupid reasons...

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/5/24 23:47
RickAnthonyMotorsports.NET

ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

BTW wanted to add I'd really love to see this forum grow!
Posted on: 2010/5/24 23:48

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

We just need to let people know of it via the net.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 2:30

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

RickAnthony wrote:
Quote:

Steve40th wrote:

I know, I used to love the "forum", I'm still on it (VetteTech81) but it's really annoying when you try to help people with their problems, and "mods" are banning people for really stupid reasons...

-=Rick

I hear ya. There is no love left over there. They have a short fuse... and need to relax. I had no idea how much of a short leash Troy kept the mods on.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 3:50

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Quote:

RickAnthony wrote:
BTW wanted to add I'd really love to see this forum grow!

me too!!!!
Posted on: 2010/5/25 3:50

ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

Steve40th wrote:
We just need to let people know of it via the net.

We'll I'll try to do my part, I know Matt has been a big fan of this forum, and I only kinda visted it before, recently. And with some of the issues the "other forums" have I would like to see this one grow.

I do notice we need more C5 & C6 people ect.. as it seems we have many C4 owners...

-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/5/25 4:49

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Rick,

This place started as c4guru.com. When the shit hit the fan 2.5 years ago, they banned several big named C4 ppl - me, Centralcoaster, jeffvette and streetshadow.

Over the next couple of weeks, a bunch of c4 ppl came over.

Then came the rush of C3 ppl with DurangoBoy and his crew.

It's the newer and older we need. At that point, I don't see us getting more than a handful C1/C2 ppl. They are normally older non computer folks.

The thing now is to get the newer C5/C6 ppl over.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 5:12

ASE Master Certified
Downers Grove, IL
703 Posts

Quote:

bogus wrote:
Rick,

This place started as c4guru.com. When the shit hit the fan 2.5 years ago, they banned several big named C4 ppl - me, Centralcoaster, jeffvette and streetshadow.

Over the next couple of weeks, a bunch of c4 ppl came over.

Then came the rush of C3 ppl with DurangoBoy and his crew.

It's the newer and older we need. At that point, I don't see us getting more than a handful C1/C2 ppl. They are normally older non computer folks.

The thing now is to get the newer C5/C6 ppl over.

I remember when it was c4guru.com, well I will tell my C5/6 friends about the site, hopefully we'll get some new people on here..
-=Rick
Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:02

PeteK Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Nanticoke, Pa
1311 Posts

Quote:

captmike13 wrote:

I must admit that I am turning into the grumpy guy that reminds people about the search function.
I have gone out of my way over the past 5+ years to educate any c4 forum about what I have learned as it relates to automatic transmissions.
It is a topic most pro's keep to themselves, but I believe in sharing.
In spite of all my hard work, I still get bombarded by pm's and e-mails asking me how to set the tv cable, or why they don't have 3rd gear. Stuff I have discussed hundreds of times.
After devoting so much of my time and resources, I just don't have a whole lot of time to give. Job, home renovations, my own car projects etc.
To make matters worse, I sometimes spend hours per week answering them anyway, and more times than not, no thank you or follow up to let me know if I helped them.
Moral of the story:
The internet makes things so easy, people are too lazy to do the actual searching.

Anyhow, search is a handy tool to those that wish to learn.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:06

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

PeteK wrote:

In spite of all my hard work, I still get bombarded by pm's and e-mails asking me how to set the tv cable, or why they don't have 3rd gear. Stuff I have discussed hundreds of times.
After devoting so much of my time and resources, I just don't have a whole lot of time to give. Job, home renovations, my own car projects etc.
To make matters worse, I sometimes spend hours per week answering them anyway, and more times than not, no thank you or follow up to let me know if I helped them.
Moral of the story:
The internet makes things so easy, people are too lazy to do the actual searching.

This should be your auto-reply: "Thank you for contacting Pete's internet transmission service. Please note, there is no charge for searching my past posts all by yourself. Questions that have already been answered 1000 times will be subject to a $19.95 fee payable by paypal. Now what's your question?"
Posted on: 2010/5/25 12:28

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Matatk wrote:
Quote:

PeteK wrote:

Moral of the story:

This should be your auto-reply: "Thank you for contacting Pete's internet transmission service. Please note, there is no charge for searching my past posts all by yourself. Questions that have already been answered 1000 times will be subject to a $19.95 fee payable by paypal. Now what's your question?"

Hhhmmmm. 1-900-ASK-PETE
Posted on: 2010/5/25 21:20

Webmaster
SW Chicago Burbs
22804 Posts

Quote:

TommyT-Bone wrote:

Hhhmmmm. 1-900-ASK-PETE

That would certainly be a change...Pete on the other end of the 900 number for once
Posted on: 2010/5/25 22:48

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

So what was the avatar in question?
Posted on: 2010/5/26 20:48

Jeffvette Re: Another Banned for life former CF member.
Elite Guru
Not on CF
1297 Posts

My guess is Douchebag Pewter.
Posted on: 2010/5/26 22:10

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Iron Chef was the Moderator who was offended by it, and I pm'd him in regards to his DODGE avatar on a corvetteforum. He didnt think it was funny.
But BobbyC3 uses it now, as it is a welcome back carter tshirt.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/members/317332-bobbyc3.html
Posted on: 2010/5/26 22:51

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Pewter99 is a douchebag, no doubt. Jesse Cor07Vette isnt much better. Their justification is a little immature, and hypocritical
Posted on: 2010/5/26 22:56

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Holy Heck, I received a notice this time of a post to the thread.
Posted on: 2010/5/27 2:38

Chair-man of the bored
Homestead USA
33760 Posts

Quote:

Steve40th wrote:
Holy Heck, I received a notice this time of a post to the thread.

Andy wrote ...... EMAIL IS BACK ......
Posted on: 2010/5/27 3:27

Elite Guru
1114 Posts

Cool, I must have missed that message from Andy
Posted on: 2010/5/27 3:29

Senior Guru
San Diego, CA
9454 Posts

Wow. I was at least hoping for some bouncing boobies or something.

Anyone who bans someone over a political avatar they disagree with is queer.

Steve, I'm going to change your avatar to a "I worship Obama" tshirt and call it a day.
Posted on: 2010/5/27 5:31

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.