Login
Username:

Password:

Remember Me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
202 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

more...
Guru Dictionary
Print in friendly format Send this term to a friend  4L60
The automatic from 1992-1993. The same as the 700R4, just has a different name.

Either way, they are junk. There are some minor differences on a ...
Supporting Vendors
Platinum
Mid America Motorworks
Mid America Motorworks FREE CATALOG

Gold
FIC 770-888-1662

Registered Vendors
Guru Friends
Supporting Banners

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying

Shop for Winter Tires Now!

Support This Site
(1) 2 »
 Register To Post

brut INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

What would you like to see at C4guru.com to make it better? As many of you know, we have added a new administrator to help push things along faster and to better suit the needs of our members.

Please post any comments/complaints/suggestions to help us help you!

Thanks,
The C4guru admin team.
Posted on: 2007/1/20 2:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

NC Kid RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

hmm. Id be willing to donate sum cash if you would ever give me an adress...Also......Not being mean but your actual site is kind of bland.....AND NOOO IM NOT BEING MEAN.....I mean look at digital corvettes and corvetteforum...You see how they are kind of updated? Hmm....Upgrade the radio. Start collecting VOLUNTEER $$$....Try to get supporting vendors with group buys. That is why corvetteforum is so big....
Posted on: 2007/1/20 20:24

brut RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

I can't say I disagree with you. The $$$ will be done in time. I think my plan is to make some t-shirts and if you donate a certain amount I will send out a shirt. That way the person donating will get something in return.

As far as updating, that has been a problem for us, hence having drvn come on as an admin so we can work together and keep the site fresh. and Hence, the reason this topic was started in the first place.

As far as the radio, the purpose AT THE BEGINNING was to only have music from 1984-1996..the years of the C4. I have to be very careful because, even though a user can't d/l the music,, they can listen and some music rights company somewhere I am sure would have a problem with it.

Thanks for the input. Any more ideas, please post.
Posted on: 2007/1/20 21:46

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Id have to pass on the T-Shirt offer.....I just like this site and thought it would be a good idea to bring it up to date. Yea, I see on the music but I am sure it would be done with everyone happy. JUst change the background ya no. Give it some colors and pictures. Definatley some better smileys........ <<<<That smiley is flaming out the ***.........Ewww.......Post this site on myspace.....Try to show it to as many people as you can. I am going to post a link to this on another forum to see if anyone will join on here from there. I really think the suppording vendors would help as people like group buys. I do, means cheapers ....Hmm......There has to be something to help this stie grow.....Im sure in time it will grow....Three years though.....kind of a while for as little members as is on here....You should post videos of you or others in your corvettes doing burnouts or something. Post more pics of the cars, Try to get members together and meet. Donte to St. Judes....That would be a great idea. Have local cruise ins if possible.....

Something GOOD would be......Giving it foweard. Like if we have stuff that we dont need, instead of selling it, give it away on here and then you return something back. You know, make it a permanent thing. Like I would give away a spare inlet hose or filter thats in good condition and then that peson donates some hardley used rotors.....ect......ect.....ect.....That I am sure would get our now members to get on more often and then guest that just lurk on here would want to join and give stuff and recieve as well. Kind of like a christmas but on the internet and all the time......
Posted on: 2007/1/21 0:16

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

Hmm....No-one else has posted for this topic......Well I will start the giving it foward. I have alot of stuff outside. I have a headlight knob that came from my 86. It looks new that someone can have for free. I had a supposed buyer for my L-T1 tips but if he doesnt come thru soon, I will give them away on here.....Anyone have anything to add?
Posted on: 2007/1/21 16:05

CSS996 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I agree that the overall "look" of the site could be a little more high tech or something. It seems that pages load quite a bit slower than on other sites I visit.

I would be willing do make a donation to the site, if it would help purchase whatever equipment is needed to speed things up a little.

I used to be a member of a site dedicated to Suzuki TL sportbikes. They had free membership, but if you paid into the site, you could be part of giveaways and other perks that the non-paying members did not have access to. But those folks still had access to the knowledge base. Maybe something like that could work here. I do not know how much money that brought in, as I was not affiliated with the site.

I don't know much about website development, but I do know a little about graphic design using Photoshop and such. I would be willing to donate my time to create some stuff, if I knew the format you needed it created in, or whatever.

Let us know what we can do to help out.
Posted on: 2007/8/31 15:38

Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Thanks for the comments.

The site has always been slow and if this forum software is continued to be used, it will always be slow unless we purchase a dedicated server. We are talking some $$ then.

It will take money to be better, but in the past we have never asked any of our members to contribute.

I can't say I know what the future holds with the format of the guru. I am no longer the site admin as I have passed it along to my co-originator. Hopefully things will improve with the site and members will return very soon!
Posted on: 2007/8/31 20:30

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

I sure can't speak for everyone, but I'd gladly pay maybe $20 a year or more to keep Dale off the site. I figure a good knowlegde base can save any one of us hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars. Whether by keeping us from spending money on labor costs, or flat out making costly errors.

For example, keeping someone from purchasing an airfoil kit that destroys your engine...
Posted on: 2007/8/31 20:42

CasetheCorvetteman RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Posted on: 2007/9/1 0:22

Elite Guru
North Carolina
1671 Posts

I like air foils. I think that guy was not being "completly" honest....A air foil bolt killing hte motor.....possible but highly unlikely I had one and it fit well and snug....
Posted on: 2007/9/7 2:27

Z51 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
OREGON
127 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the comments.

The site has always been slow and if this forum software is continued to be used, it will always be slow unless we purchase a dedicated server. We are talking some $$ then.

It will take money to be better, but in the past we have never asked any of our members to contribute.

I can't say I know what the future holds with the format of the guru. I am no longer the site admin as I have passed it along to my co-originator. Hopefully things will improve with the site and members will return very soon!

i'm on a couple of other sites, and some of them have "premium memberships" where you donate maybe $10.00 a year, and in that yuou would get a larger avatar, and maybe some storage for pics... also maybe we could do a "corvette of the month" where members would nominate other corvettes, and then there would be a poll setup, and have the winner of the next month announced, and their pic put up on the site?

just a thought

you need any help with graphic design, or an extra MOD, lemme know, and i will put some work on it
Posted on: 2007/9/7 22:30

daddue11 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Mountain View, Southern Mo.,
131 Posts

Quote:
I sure can't speak for everyone, but I'd gladly pay maybe $20 a year or more to keep Dale off the site. I figure a good knowlegde base can save any one of us hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars. Whether by keeping us from spending money on labor costs, or flat out making costly errors.

For example, keeping someone from purchasing an airfoil kit that destroys your engine...

OOh,I gotta know about this one.How'd that happen?Where?post link please.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 4:41

bogus RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

Go to CF and open any thread... note, that on the right side of the first post in the thread, there is an ad box.

A couple of weeks ago, that ad box had - you guessed it - a promo for a Dale E documentary.

Not that I do or don't like Dale... it really pissed me off... cause it sucked up a lot of bandwidth and made surfing on my PDA device utterly useless.

It was just too invasive. Call it the final straw, if you will.

I am going to be sending out an email. We need to spread the word on C4guru.

My first idea, and blackvette is doing a great job, is to change your location, and your personal home page (if possible) to www.c4guru.com.
Posted on: 2007/9/9 16:46

Z51 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
OREGON
127 Posts

i agree bogus, i have been getting that box, but it has been for items on fleabay
Posted on: 2007/9/10 2:55

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

And any other ad Google decides to throw up there.
Posted on: 2007/9/10 3:18

CasetheCorvetteman RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
QLD, Australia
2071 Posts

Quote:
I like air foils. I think that guy was not being "completly" honest....A air foil bolt killing hte motor.....possible but highly unlikely I had one and it fit well and snug....
:shaking:
Posted on: 2007/9/10 5:59

85-500-horse RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Newb
Venice, Florida
38 Posts

I know it will take a lot of resources, but it would sure be nice to upload pictures. Maybe as this site grows, that can happen.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 7:19

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

yes, that is something I am thinking of... a photo storage area for members only.
Posted on: 2007/12/30 19:49

BrianCunningham RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Boston, MA for the most part :)
7763 Posts

How about a font control so those of us with old eyes can read it a little easier
Resized Image
Posted on: 2007/12/31 2:58

sliding RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Zagreb, Croatia
326 Posts

JMO, but it would be great to have "Members rides" subforum where members could introduce their car and mods that they have done to it.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 15:56

red_johnny RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
On Sabbatical
Augusta, GA (85 383 stroker)
3213 Posts

The next few months is going to be interesting to see how the forum transforms and gets more structure. I am sure bogus knows the direction he wants to go with it.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:08

SpectatorRacing RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
1721 Posts

Quote:
yes, that is something I am thinking of... a photo storage area for members only.

How would this work? Do you mean hosting for photos to which we link in threads? That would be great as my employer now has added photobucket to the list of blocked sites...I can't see anyone's pic links when I visit during the day.

If you mean something like "my corvette photos" like they have on CF, well...I always thought that was kind of useless and cumbersome to negotiate.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:14

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

The CF photo album was very hard to navigate.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:16

cuisinartvette RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

Quote:
How about a font control so those of us with old eyes can read it a little easier
Resized Image

I agree, the small print I have a real tough time with.
Posted on: 2007/12/31 16:44

Klaus RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
Atlanta, GA
129 Posts

Is there a way to "subscribe" to a thread or individual areas of the forum? I find it very helpful to keep up with new postings via an email notification.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:08

2008 Machine Silver Coupe
LS3 / Z51 / A6 / NPP

Grand Imperial Pooh-Bah
San Pedro, CA
20859 Posts

you can be notified of new posts, it's a check box below the edit box and above the submit button.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:20

Klaus RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
Atlanta, GA
129 Posts

Quote:
you can be notified of new posts, it's a check box below the edit box and above the submit button.

That's good, but it only works if I post in the thread. Over at Brand X under "thread tools" you can subscribe to a thread even if you don't post in it.

No biggie - Just a nice little feature.
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:42

2008 Machine Silver Coupe
LS3 / Z51 / A6 / NPP

DaleD RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
1389 Posts

Quote:

Wait! Who me? What did I do?!
Posted on: 2008/1/2 4:49

C4DERF RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Home of the Masters; well Grovetown is close
332 Posts

In response to a PAY IT FORWARD there is one at this link: http://www.c4guru.com/modules.php?nam ... file=viewtopic&t=1351

note it is under the C4 parts for sale/wanted. please stop by and list and request items!

The smilies are neat, possible could have additions added

background and colors would be cool

Vette O Month contest via poll great idea

Photo hosting, i agree! Unfortunately it is sad about IT folks blocking access to Photobucket, youtube and several other sites but because of certain lacking of "RATINGS" on these sites it becomes a major issue with corporations giving aces to everyone.

Font control **** it is sometimes hard to read with the different shades of blue in the background. Maybe using 12 or 14 font size would help.

Over all I am very pleased with the C4Guru website. I sure do NOT miss all those adds spread all over every page at that other place.

Thanks for the admins and mods being people oriented. Keep up the great stuff.....
Posted on: 2008/1/3 22:01

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s150/c4derf/CasualCorvettes-SonicAug07011.jpg[/IMG]

Alcee1 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

One thing I do like at the other forum is the ability to search all of your own recent post, within the past 1,2,5 days up to 2 weeks. Sometimes I just want to only see all the threads I replied to.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 22:14
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

Mega Guru
Central PA
3644 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

Wait! Who me? What did I do?!

Oh, you KNOW what you did, mister!

Actually I was referring to the popups for Dale Earnhardt's TV show that CF was promoting the crap out of when the in-post advertisments started. I think I have started one thread since then. Replied to more than a few, but I did not want to start a thread that advertises a product I do not endorse or get paid to promote.

[GUMP]And that's all I have to say about that[/GUMP]
Posted on: 2008/1/3 22:37

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

That brings a good point. They are infringing on certain rights. Me being military can not endorse anything. And for them to MAKE me do so in my understanding is illegal isn't it?
Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:23

RollaMo-LT4 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:
That brings a good point. They are infringing on certain rights. Me being military can not endorse anything. And for them to MAKE me do so in my understanding is illegal isn't it?

No, it is not illegal because nobody is "making" you go there.

There is no infringing on certain rights, because you have no rights in that case. It's a private company and they can do what they want (same as here). You can choose to visit or not. It's your "right" to choose.

Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:36

Guru Emeritus
New Albany, IN
1308 Posts

Quote:
One thing I do like at the other forum is the ability to search all of your own recent post, within the past 1,2,5 days up to 2 weeks. Sometimes I just want to only see all the threads I replied to.

Hey Al..you can here too....on the main forum INDEX page...at the bottom, below"whos online"..they is a link that say "view my post"....boom there it is.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:41

Alcee1 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Emeritus
Los Angeles
277 Posts

cool, i didn't know that was down there
Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:44
Edlebrock Heads, 2030 cam, X-ram w/EGR, 1.6 R/R, Bored TB´s, AFPR, Pro-built Tranny, Vigilantly 2600, Transgo, Dana 44 3.54, Hardened Pushrods & Head Bolts, Custom performance chip, K&N, Double roller timing chain, Aluminum radiator & flex hose, MS

On Sabbatical
3213 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

No, it is not illegal because nobody is "making" you go there.

There is no infringing on certain rights, because you have no rights in that case. It's a private company and they can do what they want (same as here). You can choose to visit or not. It's your "right" to choose.

I dunno, sounds like a stretch to me. If I had a choose I would choice not to allow ads into the part where my user name and words are.
Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:49

92LRC RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru Newb
Weston, FL
88 Posts

I think that the overall navigation thru the site needs to be made a little easier (more user friendly). Put the search controls and the "last posts" searches on top. Maybe consolidate some of the sections so that you have more posts in a concentrated area.

I also agree with the other members comments about "jazzing" up the look of the site a bit.

Otherwise it's great to have this alternative source for C4 information. I don't know all of you but I do know that in the last 1.5 years of being on th CF I've gotten a lot of useful info and help from many of the guys that are now exclusively on this site. So I will support it.

Thanks
Posted on: 2008/1/3 23:49

captmike13 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
Hillsboro Mo
2165 Posts

One of the best things to remember about all this input. K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid. I may be new but so far I like the simple design and uncomplicated format.

Mike
Posted on: 2008/1/16 4:44

bastet44 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Webmaster
San Pedro, CA
1389 Posts

Thanks, that's something we're striving for.
Posted on: 2008/1/16 4:46

redwing76 Makin it better
Guru Newb
25 Posts

Im on another site and I rarely go to the C4 section.
Instead its a site with all years of Corvettes and I gotta say that everyone gets along really well. C1's to C6's.

A room like that might get the "other" Corvette owners in here.

You know the ones that "don't wave".

As far as the look of this goes, I think it looks great, but Im not a computer geek. Im a car guy.

C4 guru is self limiting unless theres a site here for all years.
Is there? As far the anit-Dale posts..........funny!

I knew it wasn't "our Dale" but I knew he would take it personal.
Unlike me Dale takes everything personal. Humor it just humor.
Posted on: 2008/1/17 16:54

teebee Re: Makin it better
2014 Memorial Day Car Show Winner!
Lakin, Kansas 67860
12367 Posts

Quote:
C4 guru is self limiting unless theres a site here for all years.
Is there?

Yes, there are areas now for the other generations. Look around you'll find them, they aren't even hidden.
Posted on: 2008/1/17 17:21

One of Americas' proud Deplorable

Resized Image

cuisinartvette RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
1782 Posts

A section thats not work friendly
Posted on: 2008/1/17 18:44

Lichen RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
Scottsdale, Arizona
166 Posts

Quote:
Quote:

How would this work? Do you mean hosting for photos to which we link in threads? That would be great as my employer now has added photobucket to the list of blocked sites...I can't see anyone's pic links when I visit during the day.

If you mean something like "my corvette photos" like they have on CF, well...I always thought that was kind of useless and cumbersome to negotiate.

I'm in the same boat. The IT people here don't recognize CarDomain.com as a hosting site. I tried it today and can now post pics. I still can't see any pics from people who use Photobucket.
Posted on: 2008/1/17 19:36

Notorious RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
Downbound train, NC
2184 Posts

Quote:

I wouldn't blame the kit but the installer. Some do indeed bolt in with one bolt and if that bolt came loose and went into the engine, well you can imagine the rest.
Any updates on the coming software changes that Brut mentioned recently? Overall the site works great for me. But I'm sure a few tweaks would only make it better. A members pic section would be cool when possible. A few more characters allowed in the sigs would be great too, as would be a place in the profile to list mods, for those of us for whom that's a
long list!
Posted on: 2008/1/17 23:02

Ramrod RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
S. California
296 Posts

How's about a completely NEWB section where the new to the Corvette world can ask as many and as simple questions without fear of flaming? Hosepower gains from the Turbonator!
You can't become a Veteran without first being a Recruit.
Posted on: 2008/1/26 15:32

jsup RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Elite Guru
1778 Posts

I would like to be able to click on somone's name in a thread and send them a PM.
Posted on: 2008/1/26 15:36

RollaMo-LT4 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Trivia Winner
Rolla, Missouri
422 Posts

Quote:
I would like to be able to click on somone's name in a thread and send them a PM.

Under each post by a user, you will see three buttons "Profile", "Buddy", "Send PM".
These buttons are in the dark bar that separates each post, and they apply to the user just above them. :thumbleft:
Posted on: 2008/1/26 15:53

cmashark RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Guru
virginia beach, va
74 Posts

one of the last forums that i was a part of was 1130cc.com (formerly v-rodforums) and i think it was one of the easiest sites to navigate. the owner of that forum is Max Milender. he is a real stand up guy. you could probably go over there and pm him and he could give you some ideas. i know his site is pretty successful and we all know that the v-rods have been the bastard of harley if not the motorcycle world.....

chris
Posted on: 2008/2/5 0:02

tobijohn RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
515 Posts

Quote:
one of the last forums that i was a part of was 1130cc.com (formerly v-rodforums) and i think it was one of the easiest sites to navigate...

Looks like it's an earlier version ov vBulletin, a very popular forum software (CAC uses a later version). I like it too...
Posted on: 2008/2/5 0:31

AIRFOIL FREE!

sprint7677 RE:INPUT NEEDED. C4GURU.COM
Senior Guru
Oxford, Pa
127 Posts

Quote:
One of the best things to remember about all this input. K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid. I may be new but so far I like the simple design and uncomplicated format.

Mike

Yes!!! It's not the bells and whistles that bring us here.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 0:40

(1) 2 »
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

CorvetteForum.guru is independently owned and operated. This site is not associated with or financially supported by General Motors.

Copyright 2008-2015 CorvetteForum.guru

CorvetteForum.guru is a Guru Garage Site (Coming Soon!)

If you have any questions about our site, please contact us at Andy@corvetteforum.guru.